Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it just Me, Or ??

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Years back when I started, the spiral was always buzzing; there was always something new to craft, whether be Gear or housing, etc.

there hasn't been any new craft gear or housing since Khrysalis. (couple years now?)

Many talk about how the game has become more quiet; my personal observation (PvP aside):

it has become Crown based for the last 2 years. not everyone can afford to buy tons of packs to get a coveted wand, etc. There doesn't seem to be any other option to get decent gear without purchasing something for cash?

shouldn't being a Paid Member give some options like it always used to do?

Yes, Darkmoor (and one shots) is an Option. But that still, is only level 100. after that, it is all Crown Packs for 110-120 gear.

I think some players may be feeling alienated.

Just my thoughts. I personally do not like the shift from player earned gear to 'purchased gear' based on how fat your wallet is.

Still Loving the Spiral.

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
SilverbackMonkey on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Years back when I started, the spiral was always buzzing; there was always something new to craft, whether be Gear or housing, etc.

there hasn't been any new craft gear or housing since Khrysalis. (couple years now?)

Many talk about how the game has become more quiet; my personal observation (PvP aside):

it has become Crown based for the last 2 years. not everyone can afford to buy tons of packs to get a coveted wand, etc. There doesn't seem to be any other option to get decent gear without purchasing something for cash?

Yes, Darkmoor (and one shots) is an Option. But that still, is only level 100. after that, it is all Crown Packs for 110-120 gear.

Just my thoughts. I personally do not like the shift from player earned gear to 'purchased gear' based on how fat your wallet is.

Still Loving the Spiral.

Yes yes yes. KI is getting, as much as I regret saying it, a little money hungry. I understand it, I mean it's a terribly big game and they need money to keep it running. It's happened to many other online games, such as FreeRealms, where they didn't have enough money to support the game's resources. So I know and understand why they're doing this, but yeah. I feel that it's definitely not the same as it used to be, all because of the amount of money they make you spend.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Erica LifePetal on May 25, 2017 wrote:
Yes yes yes. KI is getting, as much as I regret saying it, a little money hungry. I understand it, I mean it's a terribly big game and they need money to keep it running. It's happened to many other online games, such as FreeRealms, where they didn't have enough money to support the game's resources. So I know and understand why they're doing this, but yeah. I feel that it's definitely not the same as it used to be, all because of the amount of money they make you spend.
Agreed, they need to generate cash to keep new content flowing.

I guess my point of this this post is that there needs to still be a Draw to keep the memberships going?
Many (myself included) have np paying for subs - but in between worlds, new releases, etc., there was usually something to strive for to keep us playing, whether it be crafting a new House, new Gear, furniture, etc.

Thanks for the response. I just hope they get back to some game basics that kept many in the Spiral occupied ,entertained, and paying those Subs while awaiting the next New Thing

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I personally would prefer it if KI focused just on Wizard101. I personally am not the biggest fan of the mobile games. I think though it is mostly due to the fact that I play Wizard101 because I'm a Wizard. I think that that's why I haven't really got into Pirate that much and wasn't interested in the other online games. I only like to listen to Pirate's lore, because it's also in the Spiral. I understand you don't want all your eggs in one basket, but I feel that some of the other games "mobile" games in particular that do not integrate directly with Wizard (so excluding Grub Guardian) detract from Wizard101. That's just my opinion, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this same way.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
SilverbackMonkey on May 24, 2017 wrote:

Still Loving the Spiral.

I agree.

I am strongly against Kingsisle's decision to stop creating crafted gear in the third arc, and I really hope they reconsider. It's a shame that it has been almost 3 years, and there is still no definitive upgrade to the Darkmoor gear set. Sure, you could switch out a few pieces, but Darkmoor is still the main place to get high level gear. Crafted gear allowed players who weren't willing to farm over and over again a reliable way to get good, strong gear.

Kingsisle focused a lot of their resources on mobile games that no one really ever wanted / plays, and they are now suffering for their consequences.

I noticed that nowadays, Kingsisle just creates new games and then forgets about the ones they already have. The reason Wizard101 was so successful, was because new, meaningful, content was consistently added that players actually wanted, and Kingsisle listened to players for feedback. Now, this is no longer the case.

Pirate101 - updates pretty much stopped after 2014, and players now have to beg and plead for anything that comes their way.
Rise and Destroy - Came out in 2015 and was pretty much forgotten.
AlphaCat - Came out last year and was pretty much forgotten shortly after.
Everclicker - I can literally guarantee that once all the hype dies down, Everclicker will be forgotten by Kingsisle and never really updated again.
I don't even know what happened to Get Jiggy or any other mobile games they were working on.

Kingsisle needs to stop creating new games that they have zero intention of maintaining in the long run, and instead focus on the ones they already have. Now, I'm not saying they should update their mobile games (I'm entirely against their mobile games), but they should focus just on Wizard101 and Pirate101 to bring those games back to the glory that they originally were.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
exp613 on May 25, 2017 wrote:
I personally would prefer it if KI focused just on Wizard101. I personally am not the biggest fan of the mobile games. I think though it is mostly due to the fact that I play Wizard101 because I'm a Wizard. I think that that's why I haven't really got into Pirate that much and wasn't interested in the other online games. I only like to listen to Pirate's lore, because it's also in the Spiral. I understand you don't want all your eggs in one basket, but I feel that some of the other games "mobile" games in particular that do not integrate directly with Wizard (so excluding Grub Guardian) detract from Wizard101. That's just my opinion, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this same way.
They need to focus on their MMORPG's. Both Pirate and Wizard need to get attention as there are players who only play one or the other and those who play both, like me. Their mobile games simply don't have the same awe-inspiring affect like their other games do.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
exp613 on May 25, 2017 wrote:
I agree with you.

Not sure why they are focusing on Mobile? I don't see the money maker there compared to an MMO?
They got a good foothold on Wiz 9 years ago; little late in the game to go mobile now, jmho.
I say, keep your Bread and Butter clients happy

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I like this topic.

I agree with Silverback. I would like new items to craft. Especially a new house recipe!
More tapestry recipes would be appreciated too. I would love to see a Turquoise transmute recipe!

I think the Monstrology will be keeping players busy for a while. That was a great new feature to add IMO.

I also agree with exp613 about KI and the mobile games. I hope Alpha Cat and EverClicker do well, but I hope
they do not make any additional mobile games for a while, such as the rest of this year. I would like to see them focus on Wiz & Pirate 101 80% and the mobile games maybe 20%. I just don't think people generally invest as much in mobile games as they would an MMORPG. You are very limited in what you can do on a phone screen.
Also, phones have more limited memory.

I would also issue a challenge to Exp613 to create one pirate character in P101 and give it a try. I love Pirates and had no idea I would love Pirate 101 as much as I did. I still do. I would be happy to play Pirate, (or wizard) with you if you ended up liking it.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I just wanted to make a note about Ever Clicker. Over this holiday weekend, I decided to download Ever Clicker on my I-phone (I have a 5S) and the game ran smoothly. While I still have many questions about how certain things work, I am enjoying playing the game and IT IS ADDICTING! I initially thought I would get the free crowns for W101 and that's it, but so far, I have been playing Ever Clicker several times a day. I enjoy it and wonder if anyone else who posted on this thread has tried it. I hope it is the one mobile game that sticks around for KI. In 2 days I already have 2 stars in the game, so I have already received 200 crowns on my W101 account. Two more stars in Ever Clicker and I get 800 more crowns. I suspect I will continue to play this mobile game. I am a fan of Ever Clicker.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Nordic Champion on May 29, 2017 wrote:
I just wanted to make a note about Ever Clicker. Over this holiday weekend, I decided to download Ever Clicker on my I-phone (I have a 5S) and the game ran smoothly. While I still have many questions about how certain things work, I am enjoying playing the game and IT IS ADDICTING! I initially thought I would get the free crowns for W101 and that's it, but so far, I have been playing Ever Clicker several times a day. I enjoy it and wonder if anyone else who posted on this thread has tried it. I hope it is the one mobile game that sticks around for KI. In 2 days I already have 2 stars in the game, so I have already received 200 crowns on my W101 account. Two more stars in Ever Clicker and I get 800 more crowns. I suspect I will continue to play this mobile game. I am a fan of Ever Clicker.
I got 6 stars then quit.

I actually was just like you when I first started, and I was surprised at how addicting the game was. However, it got really repetitive afterwards.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Nordic Champion on May 26, 2017 wrote:
I like this topic.

I agree with Silverback. I would like new items to craft. Especially a new house recipe!
More tapestry recipes would be appreciated too. I would love to see a Turquoise transmute recipe!

I think the Monstrology will be keeping players busy for a while. That was a great new feature to add IMO.

I also agree with exp613 about KI and the mobile games. I hope Alpha Cat and EverClicker do well, but I hope
they do not make any additional mobile games for a while, such as the rest of this year. I would like to see them focus on Wiz & Pirate 101 80% and the mobile games maybe 20%. I just don't think people generally invest as much in mobile games as they would an MMORPG. You are very limited in what you can do on a phone screen.
Also, phones have more limited memory.

I would also issue a challenge to Exp613 to create one pirate character in P101 and give it a try. I love Pirates and had no idea I would love Pirate 101 as much as I did. I still do. I would be happy to play Pirate, (or wizard) with you if you ended up liking it.
Sorry, don't want to get in an argument with Pirates haha. I'm fine with Pirate, however I just hear that it is having struggles. I think my main conclusion is that the mobile games detract. I played each of their moblie games (I only was able to complete the first offer and not the second offer on Everclicker because I was dumb and accidentally deleted the app, they changed the logo on me and I thought it was something else before I deleted it and it didn't save my progress), but I only have done so for the crowns that are offered in Wizard101. As soon as that offer expires, it leaves my phone. I do not think that having to "pay" people in crowns is the best long term strategy for a game. (Though, I also am aware that it is not a long term strategy, but kind of a short one so that there is some hype about it.) Anyway long story short: I don't care for the mobile games.

As far as Pirate, I have already completed your challenge and I still stand by my original opinion. I would rather be a Wizard. However, that's mainly because I thought Wizards were way cool before Harry Potter ever hit a bookshelf anywhere haha. (Disney's Sword in the Stone is my favorite Movie; Go Merlin!) If I was still playing as a wizard then it would be more enjoyable (I know they have Witchdoctor's that's what my character is). I just personally don't like some of the menu's and things it has a bunch of what I'd call Garbage text/notifications. I don't know I don't like the menu stuff. Again though, I think Pirate is still fine, because of the Lore, I used to go too deep into the lore with another person on the boards here as we'd debate things and what not. Anyway long story short here: I've played Pirate, it's not for me, but I'd rather they just focus on Wizard101 and MMORPGs than on Mobile Games.

I mean, if you google "kid friendly mmorpg" Wizard101 pops up first,and Pirate101 third, the rest I've never heard of either and they look small. KI is a giant here and could really crush it.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
BrahmShadow on May 29, 2017 wrote:
I got 6 stars then quit.

I actually was just like you when I first started, and I was surprised at how addicting the game was. However, it got really repetitive afterwards.
As I mentioned in my other post, I was dumb and accidentally deleted the game prematurely because they changed the logo on me and it didn't save my progress so I only completed the first offer. (I was soooo close to the second though!).

I personally did not experience this for Everclicker. I think that some of their new characters/creatures could be awesome if they were implemented into the Spiral (Truffles!!!) and some obviously were from the Spiral with new names, but overall, out of the KI Mobile Games, I think that it was my least favorite. I mean I want it to do well, because I want KI to do well, but I personally thought it wasn't a very good game. For me, all it did was waste my battery power substantially faster than any of my other apps and try to get me to watch ads. I just didn't like it.

Sorry KI....

Wizard101 is awesome though! I've spent way too much time and money on this game haha