Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is getting to level 60 a good idea?And more

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
Personally I think that getting to level 60 is a bad idea because, remember when you got to level 48 and got a master card???? Yeah well if you are allowed to get to level 60 then you wont get a new card for that school again!!!!! Plus I think that all the armor and stuff EXCLUSIVLY for people that are level 50, wont be quite as unique and will probally be sold in the bazzarre!!!!!!!!! I was so excited when I heard about the new leveling, but then I thought more into it. Also, (if the new leveling thing is launched), what would you be called if you got to level 60? Here's an example about what I am talking about. If you are ice and you got to level 48 you were called a Master of Ice, because you earned all the cards. And when you got to level 50 you were called a Grandmaster. If you get to level 60 will you still be called a Grandmaster????? How about MegaGrandmaster???? If you come up with any ideas please send them as a reply.

I am also a little worried about the new world (forgot what its called). I am really freaked out that the only way that wizards getting there is if you beat Dragonspyer. I was absolutly THRILLED when I learned that you had to be a certain level to earn Grizzleheim, instead of beating a new world. I really hope that the acess level wont be very high because I dont want to descorage other wizards and everything. I also am starting to wonder if the new secondary schools will even be in Ravenwood???? And why cant you have them as a main school??? Is it really worth trying to regain all those training points back???? It would drive me absolutly NUTS if I found out that the schools were only in that new world and that you had to be a grandmaster or something to get acess to it. One more thing............ If you get to level 50 and above, will you be able to earn more cards????

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
How about you WAIT till it comes out BEFORE you make uncertain, non-proof, assumptions, and ideas. You clearly are assuming too much and its more than likely that this will all be covered. King Isle are not just going to leave things out such as badges and level names. The level 60 title will "probably" be better named than grandmaster, but that is an "opinion". It is okay to make opinions, but not to make it a one-sided attack. All i am saying is wait till it comes out then if you don't like, then re-post. THANK YOU.

"Personally I think that getting to level 60 is a bad idea because, remember when you got to level 48 and got a master card???? Yeah well if you are allowed to get to level 60 then you wont get a new card for that school again!!!!!" LOLOLOLOL this made me laugh in real life. How do you know they will not have new cards, you work for them?

Defender
May 24, 2009
Personally i think leveling up is a great idea! We grandmasters are bored and wanted something new to do, so now there is going to be something yo do! Well up to this point we don't know if there is going to be new cards but who know maybe there will be some. And about the gear, KI will probably change the stats from the gear or just remove them. About the leveling title, I think they would be the same.

Example:
60= Grandmaster
45-59= Master
30-44= Magus

.........and so on :P, But this is just my guess!

About the new secondary schools they don't necessary have to be in ravenwood. No one said they would and they are coming out when celestia is coming out so my guess they are going to be in celestia. The reason why they won't be primary schools would be because everyone would just go crazy over these new schools. Especially when ambrose said before that these astral schools are way too difficult for us to learn! Well i hope i answered all your questions. :)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
My question is that if you become a "master of ___" at 48, then will you do more with ur school when u become a 60? Because it would mess up the whole "master" thing if you're already a master of it, ya know?

Kestrel Ghostwalker lvl 50 Grandmaster Sorcerer

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
I think lvling up is an awesome idea. Plus, if you got something unique, i dont think you would sell in in the bazarre if it was that cool...
Good things lvling up will give you:
1. More training points
2. A more powerful wizard
3. An awesome badge
4. More quests = More exciting game
5. A longer and better time at playing Wiz101

-Luna0616

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
you know, maybe after getting master of _________ then you can't learn anymore of your primary school spells. maybe you get to pick an astral school and you get to learn those for free

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
I am really excited about the new world. i am relatively new to the game (about a month now) so nothing new has been introduced to me in the game. I can't wait for the leveling up, the new pets, and Celestia. But, like h2uglsyd (great username BTW), I'm not sure about the three secondary schools. Why can't they be primary schools? Why ten second and seven primary? KI has the entire magic thing figured out, with seven schools (seven being a magical number) and a double magic triangle, withe the three elemental magics on the outside (Storm, Fire, and Ice) the three other magics on the inner triangle (Myth, Life, and Death0 with balance in the middle. KI must think of something very different to place three odd schools in, without affecting the game in a negative way.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2009
It is a great idea because I know some level 50 wizards say what to do what to do because if they beat the game they dont have anything to do. with the new stuff they will have plenty to do.

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
luna0616 wrote:
I think lvling up is an awesome idea. Plus, if you got something unique, i dont think you would sell in in the bazarre if it was that cool...
Good things lvling up will give you:
1. More training points
2. A more powerful wizard
3. An awesome badge
4. More quests = More exciting game
5. A longer and better time at playing Wiz101

-Luna0616

One of the reasons why I agree with having new levels! I mean KI don't make any more quests or another world the game will just be boring with no updates! I mean do you want it to be just plain boring? Err last sentence:Why complain to make things boring?
Lucas Drakebloom level 28 Ice student
Hero of Krokotopia

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
The New world of Celestia is a Under water world.
I wonder if one of these schools could be to learn some ancient
sacred magik of mind over elements. for example learning the
magic of breathing without air. or creating a magic shell around the Wizard
which contains so many minutes worth of breathable air. or the magic
of Astral projection, (only way to get to the spirit world part)
or the magic of pet Alchemy.

True so just how is all the new gear going to effect to the game as a whole
once wizards start bringing these new weapons and gear back to
lower leveled worlds in the spiral?
Plus the new pet Alchemy system to be added which will indraduce
virtualy ANY kind of creature pet that can be imagined to help you
battle and feed and take care of and even have pet battles with!
(the best example for what I'm talking about is think of the game Spore.)

LOTS of number crunching for sure!!! Please KI tell us when Beta
will be open again.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
In this account I have several grandmasters ugh if I have to buy more crown gear :( I have every set just sitting in my bank what will Kings try to sell me next? Time in the game well those of us who have waited for these changes for many months and paying to play all this time have the right to complain. those of you newer to the game welcome! I and so many of my friends have become BURNED OUT in the game and to be told it will be LATE summer for the new stuff well I'm sorry for all the grandmasters out there who have been waiting so long for the new stuff to come and a few times there have been delays this announcment of the new world means Nothing to us until it actually happens.
Ok the new pet thing hmm I love my school pets and don't know if I want to change them so they can be in races is this another ploy to get players to buy crowns? what about the beggors we already see all the time in game?
Bottom line I'm willing to level again but it better be good and it best be fair to ALL schools for a change what do you say players?

Explorer
Mar 27, 2009
h2ulgsyd wrote:
Personally I think that getting to level 60 is a bad idea because, remember when you got to level 48 and got a master card???? Yeah well if you are allowed to get to level 60 then you wont get a new card for that school again!!!!! Plus I think that all the armor and stuff EXCLUSIVLY for people that are level 50, wont be quite as unique and will probally be sold in the bazzarre!!!!!!!!! I was so excited when I heard about the new leveling, but then I thought more into it. Also, (if the new leveling thing is launched), what would you be called if you got to level 60? Here's an example about what I am talking about. If you are ice and you got to level 48 you were called a Master of Ice, because you earned all the cards. And when you got to level 50 you were called a Grandmaster. If you get to level 60 will you still be called a Grandmaster????? How about MegaGrandmaster???? If you come up with any ideas please send them as a reply.

I am also a little worried about the new world (forgot what its called). I am really freaked out that the only way that wizards getting there is if you beat Dragonspyer. I was absolutly THRILLED when I learned that you had to be a certain level to earn Grizzleheim, instead of beating a new world. I really hope that the acess level wont be very high because I dont want to descorage other wizards and everything. I also am starting to wonder if the new secondary schools will even be in Ravenwood???? And why cant you have them as a main school??? Is it really worth trying to regain all those training points back???? It would drive me absolutly NUTS if I found out that the schools were only in that new world and that you had to be a grandmaster or something to get acess to it. One more thing............ If you get to level 50 and above, will you be able to earn more cards????

BAD!!! I hate every word of this post. One, you will get new cards! Two, undoubtly there's gonna be trainers of these new schools in Ravenwood! Three, no, the gear will without a doubt will be No Auction. How do I know? If they did, then they would've gotten rid of the No Auction statis of the lvl 40 MooShu gear. Ok, think more open and figure out KingsIsle will fill these gaps!

@ Iamlezul:

They may do a "Grandmaster of _____" or one like the ones we have except a different thing, like instead of "Master of Ice," "Master of Frost," instead of "Master of Nature," "Master of Growth," and so forth!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I am not crazy about level cap increases.

A reason I am quitting a very beautiful mmo (FFXI) is because they decided to raise the level cap by 25 levels.

Level cap increases in the long run do not accomplish anything.

A level 50 grandmaster is bored.
Trust me, it will only be a matter of time before the 60 grandmasters get bored.
You can also say that less people will be inclined to play Wizard101, especially knowing that they now have to go from 1-60 instead of 1-50.

KingsIsle can turn around and increase the level cap *again* for the bored level 60s. Lets say they increased it to 70.
Well, it is safe to say that grandmasters will then become bored of 70.
Grandmasters will then get bored at level 80.
They will get bored at level 90.
They will get bored at level 100.
They will also get bored at level 1,000.

See where this is going? Level caps do not solve the root of the "boredom problem."

True, KingsIsle will make more money from subsribing wizards, because they will continue to play further, but then KingsIsle will simply be expected to make new level caps once the level cap has been reached.

In turn, KingsIsle can expect a whole lot less people to be inclined to even level a wizard to the ever increasing level caps. Especially people like me that hate the idea of doing nothing but quest after quest after quest for 60++ levels.

People could play and take a break, perhaps unsubscribe to not pay for a while. But, what purpose would intermittent play serve as opposed to a full-time subscriber? It just means less profits and potential money income for KingsIsle.

In my opinion, the solution to fixing boredom in an mmo is not increasing level caps.

Steps in the right direction were castles and crafting. I hear KingsIsle will include a Hatchery for pets and pet racing. Another step in the right direction.

There are also plenty of ideas out there that could be improved on, or implemented, or added, to add a whole lot more content and depth to the game instead of just increasing the level cap.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
in my opinion I think leveling up is a good idea because you can explore new things and such :) And i also have a question. For the 3 new secondary schools coming out, are there professors for the schools? if so, what will they look like? What are the schools even called? KI should give us more info on the schools because i'm guessing a lot of people are asking questions like I am. They just mention the schools are coming out. it's not enough information!!!! And we are all excited for Celestia to finally be released! I know I can't wait! But i'm not a grandmaster yet. I haven't even gotten to Dragonspyre! But i'm going to work hard to get to Celestia and i defenitely know others will work hard to get to Celestia too.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2010
thedragonbook wrote:
I am really excited about the new world. i am relatively new to the game (about a month now) so nothing new has been introduced to me in the game. I can't wait for the leveling up, the new pets, and Celestia. But, like h2uglsyd (great username BTW), I'm not sure about the three secondary schools. Why can't they be primary schools? Why ten second and seven primary? KI has the entire magic thing figured out, with seven schools (seven being a magical number) and a double magic triangle, withe the three elemental magics on the outside (Storm, Fire, and Ice) the three other magics on the inner triangle (Myth, Life, and Death0 with balance in the middle. KI must think of something very different to place three odd schools in, without affecting the game in a negative way.

Wolf thunderweilder here and solar, lunar and astral could opposite the spirit schools around balance, so
death
astral balance solar
myth lunar life

Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
I think lvling to 60 is a good idea because i've been a grandmaster for a while now and the game gets absolutley boring! I cancled my subcription a couple times because i was so bored. When I heard about the lvl cap i got so excited beause that meant i would be able to get back out there and do quests. Also there will be new spells for YOUR SCHOOL. You would know this if you read the producers letter.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
Hmm, well the badge things seems certain, i mean how will they name us at lvl 60? And who here are lvl 50's now? me, i've been one for a year and like 6 months. You know when people keep on asking you please be my friend, several times, and you politely say no and they start saying some stuff that is unnessary. Well, wait until you become a lvl 60, more ppl are going to keep on asking you ADD ME ADD ME ADD ME!!!!!!! It is rather irratating. but i'm still going to become a lvl 60, i've waited to long to give it up!!

Survivor
Aug 09, 2010
Ok guys, I have experience with many many major MMORPGs in the past, that I have retired from due to school stress and sports, but I would like to say in the time that I have played there, there were 2 expansions to the game, that included a level cap increase of 10 per expansion (That's 20 plus levels!)

If you are worried about gear being outdated, well it's all for the love of the game! A new world is not going to mean that there will be no elite level 60 gear, or any chances of new spell cards, titles, treasure cards, and pets, no no no, it just means its the start of a grand addition to make the game more fun and enjoyable for those who are current grandmasters and need something fresh to keep them going on and staying around Wizards 101.

I know this may be different because this game is generally free, and expansions and a game for a pay to play normal MMORPG is generally expensive, but this is still technically an expansion!

I recommend not worrying and just to have fun anyways.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Well, these are the things that will happen with a new level caps. I remember that one other game I used to play, gear was color coded for its rareness. Color coded, meaning the Text of the pieces of gear where.

it went:
White text=common=most mob drops
Green text=unique=Some mob drops, and quest rewards
Blue text=Rare=Same as green, but did not happen to much
Purple Text=Epic=Rewards for PVP and Instance rewards mostly, very seldom drops on mobs
Orange Text=Artifact=Maybe 1 piece per realm, if that. what was read in historic lore of the game, that if one toon finished every single, quest, instance, boss kills, level caps etc. in the entire game. One player from whatever realm they where on would maybe get one artifact award from a Boss Drop with a ratio of 1 per 1,000,000,000

What happen was that the Epic gear for that Level caps was hard to get, and took a lot of work, to aquire just 1 piece. then when the Level caps was raised, the Epic gear was vendor trash, because a Green single piece of gear for a 1 more level raise had better stats, then the purple one had now.

Example say level 70 one aquired an Epic level 70 piece, the Level caps was raised to 80. That level 70 Epic gear is now junk at level 71, 72, 73. The new Epic piece is now 80 since it is level caps.

Meaning that Malistaire gear we all worked so hard to get will no longer be a unique piece as it stands now, because the level caps will be raised. But these are the things we will have to accept.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Look i think the way this is gonna work is they will either boost the lvl needed to get to grandmaster by 2 more levels or make the lvl 60 badge grand master of the arts or master of the arts ( considering there will be more worlds after celestia so 70 will be grandmaster of the arts ) or something else but i dont think MEGA grandmaster would be it it sounds childish and not thought through. sorry ogt off topic. and the way the second schools are gonna work is like krokatopia. they wont put it in raven wood because maybe the spells cost 1 pip and deal 200 damage. ( OK prob not because that would through the game off balance ) hope this helps
Luis Legendblade

Grandmaster Diviner

One of the oldest playing playes you can find

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
faxbot882 wrote:
In this account I have several grandmasters ugh if I have to buy more crown gear :( I have every set just sitting in my bank what will Kings try to sell me next? Time in the game well those of us who have waited for these changes for many months and paying to play all this time have the right to complain. those of you newer to the game welcome! I and so many of my friends have become BURNED OUT in the game and to be told it will be LATE summer for the new stuff well I'm sorry for all the grandmasters out there who have been waiting so long for the new stuff to come and a few times there have been delays this announcment of the new world means Nothing to us until it actually happens.
Ok the new pet thing hmm I love my school pets and don't know if I want to change them so they can be in races is this another ploy to get players to buy crowns? what about the beggors we already see all the time in game?
Bottom line I'm willing to level again but it better be good and it best be fair to ALL schools for a change what do you say players?

Then don't buy crown gear. You don't have to. The only gear I've ever bought with crowns is a permanent mount, and I've never had any trouble with the game. In fact, as a grandmaster in 6 of the 7 schools, I'd say that by the time you hit level 45, the crown gear is a downgrade in most cases. It tends to give you universal boosts at the cost of the size of the boosts. While they also tend to come with a card, unless that card is in your primary school, it's value is limited as it takes too long to build up the pips for it. Ice is the one school that I'd be willing to go with crown gear for, as the boosts to everything but health are low to begin with.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
I am not crazy about level cap increases.

A reason I am quitting a very beautiful mmo (FFXI) is because they decided to raise the level cap by 25 levels.

Level cap increases in the long run do not accomplish anything.

A level 50 grandmaster is bored.
Trust me, it will only be a matter of time before the 60 grandmasters get bored.
You can also say that less people will be inclined to play Wizard101, especially knowing that they now have to go from 1-60 instead of 1-50.

KingsIsle can turn around and increase the level cap *again* for the bored level 60s. Lets say they increased it to 70.
Well, it is safe to say that grandmasters will then become bored of 70.
Grandmasters will then get bored at level 80.
They will get bored at level 90.
They will get bored at level 100.
They will also get bored at level 1,000.

See where this is going? Level caps do not solve the root of the "boredom problem."

True, KingsIsle will make more money from subsribing wizards, because they will continue to play further, but then KingsIsle will simply be expected to make new level caps once the level cap has been reached.

In turn, KingsIsle can expect a whole lot less people to be inclined to even level a wizard to the ever increasing level caps. Especially people like me that hate the idea of doing nothing but quest after quest after quest for 60++ levels.

People could play and take a break, perhaps unsubscribe to not pay for a while. But, what purpose would intermittent play serve as opposed to a full-time subscriber? It just means less profits and potential money income for KingsIsle.

In my opinion, the solution to fixing boredom in an mmo is not increasing level caps.

Steps in the right direction were castles and crafting. I hear KingsIsle will include a Hatchery for pets and pet racing. Another step in the right direction.

There are also plenty of ideas out there that could be improved on, or implemented, or added, to add a whole lot more content and depth to the game instead of just increasing the level cap.

I think you miss the whole point of games like this. MMORPGs aren't meant to have a finite limit. They're made to grow over time. If you add new areas and new quests, then you need to raise the level caps. This isn't the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last. Who knows, maybe there will end up being a level 100 cap. If there is, it will mean that the game is having continued success and that the Spiral has grown quite a bit. That's a good thing. Personally, I've never complained about getting more for my money, and I'm surprised to hear someone else do so. That's what we're talking about here. I paid for a yearly subscription, and soon that subscription will include new areas, quests, and spells. It means that I'll be spending more time playing the game. So, like I said, I'll be getting more bang for my buck. If you're looking for a game with a definite end and level limits, buy a new game for your video game console (for me, an xbox 360). You can play it all the way through, and enjoy the feeling of playing it all the way to the end. Then, next year you can by the sequel to the game if you enjoyed playing it. Or, you can continue playing a game like this, and instead of buying a second game, simply wait for them to add more to this game.