Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Insanity Tower .... I still want this

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
There should be an endgame tower that allows players to earn tickets and get good boss drops while being incredibly challenging and difficult to play in order to keep the legendary elite players happy, entertained, and busy. My friends largely don't like and won't play arena PvP, which is a shame cause they are amongst the very best players in the game. When new worlds come out they play all the time, and when there aren't any they stop playing cause there is nothing for them to do that they enjoy. Insanity tower should allow PvE players to unlock the same ticket cards that are available in PvP. Also tickets should allow players to obtain pet leveling stones that trains a pet one full level. Ideally there would be one type of pet leveling stone per pet maturity state, where the most expensive stone would instantly take a pet from ancient to epic. The pet stones should be droppable at the highest floor of insanity tower.

The Insanity Tower idea is simple. A fourteen floor randomly boss populated tower dungeon, where every third floor is filled with mana and health wisps. You can leave at any floor after the first and collect tickets, but you get the most tickets the higher up in the tower you make it. All bosses are randomly chosen, though some pre-programmed boss fights can be tossed into the random selection. I want to see stuff like bosses that use insane bolt (imagine going up against four of these at once), beguile, and the like.

Every floor has its own special tricks/rules eventhough the bosses are randomized. An environment would be set for each floor, such as reduced healing, reduced damage, no high pip spells, no small pip spells, boss cheats, etc. The higher the level and number of players, as well as their insanity tower ranks, going into the tower should also affect the strength of the bosses in the fights.

Pretty much the programmers try to craft incredibly hard scenerios in which to kill us and toss them into insanity tower for both fun and to see how it would make the game play in terms of being implemented into future worlds. Insanity tower therefore would be kind of like having part of the test server being in the live server. What works well is kept in and what doesn't is taken out and or changed. Insanity tower should also be given its own spot on the spiral world tree, and there could be a few of them to choose between based upon how many floors or the difficulty level chosen (there were three Halloween Towers, which were fun at different levels but grew tiring cause once you figure out how to do any tower their content never changes... hence, the desire for a random content tower that becomes harder and rewards more the better you become).

At the highest levels of play, players have their equipment and have nothing to do except obtain gold and work upon new pets to which they hate playing pet games. I want a play tower where my friends and I can go into all the time, be challenged, have fun together, see and experience new things, and be able to level up pets without doing pet training games which we no longer even due cause we simply can't stand doing them any more.