Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In response to complaints of low level to CL

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 12, 2010
Got an idea to toss out there for everyone.

For starters, do an introduction to Celestia just like with GH. For the curious and new players.
Grandmasters of course have automatic access to CL.
But starting at lvl 35 you can go into the spiral chamber and try to go to CL. As soon as you do though you are put in a CL type of battle.
If you can survive it on your own without help you have gained access to CL.

If you on the other hand die or flee you have to wait another 5 levels before you can try again, all the way up to Grandmaster and beating Malistaire.
One fight every 5 levels. Also make porting into CL not allowed unless the player has access already. not even to friends. Like when you do Golum Tower, if a friend tries to port to you, they are told you are busy.
But if you are in CL you can port to other friends that are there.
It takes away the needless arguing over people that "do not" have the right to be there. CL was put in to present a challenge for the Grandmasters that are out there, and have been there for a while. but if you can have someone fairly gain access to an area, without porting in to a friend or getting help in any manner to get there, then they have the right to be there as well. Just and idea.

Taryn DreamHaven Balance Grandmaster
Paige LotusBlossum Life Grandmaster

P.S. Would love any type of feedback on this.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Nah. Grizzleheim is the only place with a "preview"; keep it special by letting it remain the only one.

I also severely dislike the idea of having to survive a battle in Celestia to gain access. The storyline, as it is, runs relatively smoothly, though it would be nice with some kind of hints towards Celestia when you are in Dragonspyre (Morganthe showing up in the background of Malistaire and Sylvia's leaving, for instance)...

Delver
Mar 18, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
Nah. Grizzleheim is the only place with a "preview"; keep it special by letting it remain the only one.

I also severely dislike the idea of having to survive a battle in Celestia to gain access. The storyline, as it is, runs relatively smoothly, though it would be nice with some kind of hints towards Celestia when you are in Dragonspyre (Morganthe showing up in the background of Malistaire and Sylvia's leaving, for instance)...

I gather the OP was saying people level 35+ would have to battle so they could port to Celestia before they get the spiral key. Nobody could port until they reach level 35+ and could survive the introductory battle.

I like the preview idea. That would satisfy peoples curiosity. They could have a safe taste of Celestia. I also like the battle idea. People who could survive it would be helpful in Celestia.

I am slowly coming around to something needs to be done about porting and Celestia. This idea or level locks seem like the best solutions. That is very hard for me to say as I am a firm believer and supporter of people freely porting to any world. Celestia just does not lend itself to that. People who are supposed to be have their hands full. Rude, immature and inconsiderate lower level people can cause big problems there.

Megan