Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In Game Weather/Day And Night Change?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2014
1
Since in the beginning of the game it rains, why not have weather in the game? Certain areas have weather like Colossus Boulevard but why not have it game wide? Or even day and night change. Places on games, including houses, are either in set in night or day anyways lol.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
Gxddess on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Since in the beginning of the game it rains, why not have weather in the game? Certain areas have weather like Colossus Boulevard but why not have it game wide? Or even day and night change. Places on games, including houses, are either in set in night or day anyways lol.
Zeke said this won't happen (day and night cycles).

If you scroll down to his reply on the link listed below, Zeke said that "The worlds of the Spiral do not act the same way that Earth does - they do not rotate therefore their day/night is fixed."

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/ideas-i-would-like-to-see-in-the-game-48151

Now, the weather conditions may be a different story. After all, we can have "snow" if we have a snowglobe.


Delver
Dec 18, 2009
201
It should be allowed to snow or rain. So we could do our job through sleet and snow, rain and shine.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
93
Hmmm.... I like weather but Zeke's post says no day/night.

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
17
I think implementing weather would be nice. Like day and night depending on your time zone. Or rain, snow, or sunny. I don't know. Thoughts? Ideas?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
zinger12357 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
I think implementing weather would be nice. Like day and night depending on your time zone. Or rain, snow, or sunny. I don't know. Thoughts? Ideas?
It's been suggested before.

the problem is that if I am playing at 8am, it could be 8pm for someone playing on the other side of the world who is helping me in a dungeon. It's just not possible to do this and please everyone.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
I agree, but this wouldn't fit the theme for places such as Marleybone where it's always nighttime.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114
That sounds pretty cool. At the very least weather, I don't think they'd want to change times, then the Arcane bundle debate would be useless.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
156
You can change the lighting in your settings and glitch fountains in the air to make it rain, but besides that, nothing else can really be done so far,

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
9
Well, I think it's a great idea. But maybe instead of going on other people's timezones they could go on the Wizard101 creators timezones. It would also be cool if it could rain or snow and we could have alerts if it will.

Heather Nighttheif

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
496
I don't think they should do day and night, but weather ideas are great!!! Like in the winter, it could snow, in the summer, it should rain, and then in fall, leaves can fall and there can be a slight breeze in the spring!!!

Angela Gem, Level 100
Katie GoldFountain, Level 49
Kaitlyn Glade, Level 25
Nicole StarSmith, Level 24
Christina SummerWraith, Level 14
Olivia Cloud, Level 10

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
This has been mentioned countless times before.
It would be a very cool feature, but to what extent would it actually do anything gameplay wise?
Sure, it would make the game more realistic, however realistic a magical wizard game can be. However, and I know you hate hearing this because I sure do, people do not have the powerful computers some of us have. I know that it stinks, but we have to think about everyone here, and for them to lag out due to a useless feature won't help Kingsisle at all revenue wise.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
1
Hi KingIsle! I would like to give an idea to you! I know it's the summer and it's about winter, but I really want to say it. In winter could you have snow all over WizardCity? I don't know if that would be a lot of work or not but if it is, maybe just the Commons? It would be nice if snow was on the ground and snow was falling out of the sky. That would be the best winter season ever! Thank you for reading this!

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
207
Hello there awesome wizards!

So, recently I've been looking at some other games and something just hit me... I think it would be awesome if Wizard101 had a day and night ingame and weather features!

For example; day could last 30 minutes and night could last 30 minutes. At random intervals, it could be sunny or it could be rainy.

Not for any in-game advantage or even disadvantage, you understand. This is totally for the fun of it. Wouldn't it look so cool if you were intensely pvp-ing in the thunderstorm?

Thank you so much for looking at my post YOU awesome wizards out there!!!
Miranda Thundergem


Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
The Wise Woman on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi KingIsle! I would like to give an idea to you! I know it's the summer and it's about winter, but I really want to say it. In winter could you have snow all over WizardCity? I don't know if that would be a lot of work or not but if it is, maybe just the Commons? It would be nice if snow was on the ground and snow was falling out of the sky. That would be the best winter season ever! Thank you for reading this!
And what happens to those playing in Australia? When it's summer in the US/Europe/Canada, it's winter there, and vice versa.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
RavenLady777 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
And what happens to those playing in Australia? When it's summer in the US/Europe/Canada, it's winter there, and vice versa.
Doesn't really matter. It's another world anyways and I really doubt there's a whole lot sleighs in Australia, but we have those as mounts at Christmas.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
156
This would be cool, but as RavenLady said about the people living in other countries, we can't! "Yikes" (what I would say in menu-chat)
...Unless....
We made it like the cloud settings in Pirate101, they could choose between "Snow on the Ground" "Snowing everywhere" "bright sun" "day is so hot, water evaporates"
This would help with the summer-winter issue, but wt about Spring and Fall?
"Leaves everywhere on the ground" "Leaves fall everywhere" "Flowers popping up everywhere""Flowers with bugs"(such as butterflies and bees, pollinators)
-Miranda Dreamsong
When you fall down, find a good rock to place on your shelf down there

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
80
Doesn't Australia have seperate servers? If so, I think this would be a good idea. If Australia uses the same servers as North America, I don't think that this would work.

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
169
Older and slower computers would not be able to handle the additional animations. It's almost to the point now where you need an up-to-date computer just to run the games as is.

After Morganthe and Malistaire were defeated and the comet/ice fragments began to fall all over Azteca, many people were complaining about the increased lag it caused. I know for a fact, because I was one of them. Once I bought a new computer, the lag is virtually non-existent.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
209
RavenLady777 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
And what happens to those playing in Australia? When it's summer in the US/Europe/Canada, it's winter there, and vice versa.
Very true Ravenlady
And only certain parts of Australia get cold enough for snow, such as the mountains. Our winters are much more milder compared to the Northern Hemisphere.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
The Wise Woman on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi KingIsle! I would like to give an idea to you! I know it's the summer and it's about winter, but I really want to say it. In winter could you have snow all over WizardCity? I don't know if that would be a lot of work or not but if it is, maybe just the Commons? It would be nice if snow was on the ground and snow was falling out of the sky. That would be the best winter season ever! Thank you for reading this!
I don't know about this. During last winter the last thing I wanted to see when I logged onto a game was more snow.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
1
Well I think it would be cool if KI made options for what the weather would be like in your house. For instance in the bazaar there would be an option icon for you to select the weather for your house. Click on it and there should be options for what weather to select (rain,snow,sunny,stormy). Go to your house and simply just put the weather you want (though I think these options should only be for places like the royal play house, wodden cottage....). Because I don't think KI would want to see it snowing in places like the suken palace or fire house.

Next I think there should more dungeons for you to put in your house. Like how you can have winterbane or pagoda in your house there should be another dungeon theme.

I also think there should be a weather theme but only for wizardcity and some other places around the spiral. Like if it was winter than there should be snow falling from the sky for a certain time period. Or maby every other day or to it could just be stormy and raining. But I think that the weather should only happen in these places- The commons, colem court, pet pavillon, shopping district, olde town and raven wood.

And finally I think those empty houses in the commons like the one's near the library, we should be able to go inside some of those like one could have something like a secret trainer inside but to unlock that house there should be a quest for it and you must be something like level 25 and up.

And those are my ideas.

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
207
Adieitc on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Well I think it would be cool if KI made options for what the weather would be like in your house. For instance in the bazaar there would be an option icon for you to select the weather for your house. Click on it and there should be options for what weather to select (rain,snow,sunny,stormy). Go to your house and simply just put the weather you want (though I think these options should only be for places like the royal play house, wodden cottage....). Because I don't think KI would want to see it snowing in places like the suken palace or fire house.

Next I think there should more dungeons for you to put in your house. Like how you can have winterbane or pagoda in your house there should be another dungeon theme.

I also think there should be a weather theme but only for wizardcity and some other places around the spiral. Like if it was winter than there should be snow falling from the sky for a certain time period. Or maby every other day or to it could just be stormy and raining. But I think that the weather should only happen in these places- The commons, colem court, pet pavillon, shopping district, olde town and raven wood.

And finally I think those empty houses in the commons like the one's near the library, we should be able to go inside some of those like one could have something like a secret trainer inside but to unlock that house there should be a quest for it and you must be something like level 25 and up.

And those are my ideas.
Adieitc,
I totally agree with the weather options! More dungeons would be nice... perhaps you could complete a certain quest to gain access to the secret trainer houses?

A day and a night feature would be cool as well, if I may add to your wonderful list.


Your Wizardly Friend,
Miranda Thunder Gem
"Life is like a camera...Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another Shot."

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
201
Miranda Dreamsong on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
This would be cool, but as RavenLady said about the people living in other countries, we can't! "Yikes" (what I would say in menu-chat)
...Unless....
We made it like the cloud settings in Pirate101, they could choose between "Snow on the Ground" "Snowing everywhere" "bright sun" "day is so hot, water evaporates"
This would help with the summer-winter issue, but wt about Spring and Fall?
"Leaves everywhere on the ground" "Leaves fall everywhere" "Flowers popping up everywhere""Flowers with bugs"(such as butterflies and bees, pollinators)
-Miranda Dreamsong
When you fall down, find a good rock to place on your shelf down there
I think this is a great addition to Wise Woman's idea

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114
Lets just have weather in general. I'd love to see it raining.

1