Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

In game inboxes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
Ever want to send a message to someone on your friend's list and find out they aren't online? How about an inbox system? You can talk to these people in the game, so how about the game take messages for you, and deliver them after the person logs back on.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
There have been many times when I've wanted this so badly. I can't remember if we've ever been given a reason why this hasn't happened yet but I hope it's somewhere on our horizon.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
OH MY GOSH, that is exactly what we need! I can't describe how much that would help Wizard101. I feel like messaging would be a lot easier and more functional.
Gabrielle Silversword 93

Survivor
Jan 13, 2016
I know right

But I have a feeling that they will deny this. I've read a few denies from Wiz mostly talking about the game being full of lil' kiddies and keeping it safe for them. Like this: "While developing Wizard101, we realized the style and content of the game would appeal to all ages. As a result of our young audience, we decided to incorporate safeguards that make online play a generally safe and positive experience." -Prospector Zeke
Maybe they can start out small, testing the idea out. Maybe like how Minecraft lets you type messages on signs you can hang up?
  • Item Name: Text Sign
  • Item Category: Home Decor.
  • Item Cost: 35-45 crowns per sign?
  • Item Purpose: Leave short and sweet messages in the homes of your friends(Maybe even only friends that you've shared Friend Codes with). Tell them to come find you when they get back on asap? Tell them that you finally got the mount you wanted?
  • Item Info/Rules: No numbers or symbols. Preset fonts. Color of sign may be changed by the purchaser. Character limit of... 30? Owning limit of 2 or 4 at any given time? Only able to place 1 sign per home? Two options are available when you activate the Text Sign (Sign enlarges to read more clearly).

Remove- The home owner may select remove which auto sends the sign back to it's owner

Report- If the sign is violating any of Wizard101 rules

Brittany NightStrider Level 10

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
BlueRaspberryKitte... on Feb 7, 2016 wrote:
I know right

But I have a feeling that they will deny this. I've read a few denies from Wiz mostly talking about the game being full of lil' kiddies and keeping it safe for them. Like this: "While developing Wizard101, we realized the style and content of the game would appeal to all ages. As a result of our young audience, we decided to incorporate safeguards that make online play a generally safe and positive experience." -Prospector Zeke
Maybe they can start out small, testing the idea out. Maybe like how Minecraft lets you type messages on signs you can hang up?
  • Item Name: Text Sign
  • Item Category: Home Decor.
  • Item Cost: 35-45 crowns per sign?
  • Item Purpose: Leave short and sweet messages in the homes of your friends(Maybe even only friends that you've shared Friend Codes with). Tell them to come find you when they get back on asap? Tell them that you finally got the mount you wanted?
  • Item Info/Rules: No numbers or symbols. Preset fonts. Color of sign may be changed by the purchaser. Character limit of... 30? Owning limit of 2 or 4 at any given time? Only able to place 1 sign per home? Two options are available when you activate the Text Sign (Sign enlarges to read more clearly).

Remove- The home owner may select remove which auto sends the sign back to it's owner

Report- If the sign is violating any of Wizard101 rules

Brittany NightStrider Level 10
Yes, well - if the people are on your friends list, and you can talk to them in the game, then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to leave them a message in the game that they will read when they log on, is there?

It's not the same as being able to just send email to anyone on the game. it's not even email. it would be in game and the content subject to exactly the same filters as a chat to the person if they were logged on.

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Geoffery23 on Feb 7, 2016 wrote:
Yes, well - if the people are on your friends list, and you can talk to them in the game, then there's no reason you shouldn't be able to leave them a message in the game that they will read when they log on, is there?

It's not the same as being able to just send email to anyone on the game. it's not even email. it would be in game and the content subject to exactly the same filters as a chat to the person if they were logged on.
Rambling off the top of my head:

The only way I can see KI allowing this is for TrueFriends connections only. But TrueFriends are going to connect via phone, text, snapchat, or whatever next year's cool communications app may be. (Someday, maybe paper and pen in a stamped envelope will be the cool, "retro" thing to do. )

Other than for TrueFriends, I see too many opportunities for abuse for a family-friendly company and game to implement a mailbox system.

MonkeyQuest had a very limited one. Basically it was a gifting system with short messages. (I.e., you had to give something away in order to communicate even a short message.) But MQ had a much more restrictive white-list dictionary, as I recall.

One idea to cut down on potential for abuse in such a system, outside TrueFriends: Max length of, say, 150 chars per offline message, max of three messages per connection in inbox. That way a player wouldn't be able to swamp another player with fan-mail (or un-fan-mail, as the case may be).

Ultimately, though, such a system would just make incrementally more work for the in-game moderators to deal with, and adds a layer of potential liability that KI might want to avoid. And as a parent, I would agree with this assessment.

I wouldn't hold your breath.