Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Improvements to Lord Of Night spell via spellements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
Currently at is stands right now Lord Of Night is arguably one of the most unpopular death in the game right now. It's just a slightly stronger vampire and gives a -25% infection, which in the pvp sense doesn't make it very useful; why wait on an extra pip when you can just use vampire and seriously get the same result? The animation for Lord Of Night is cool but sadly is not widely used, and due to the criticisms the spell has doesn't make the effort of grinding it out in packs or crafting it unless you want it for collection purposes.

I doubt the core workings of the spell would be changed so whenever rank 5 spellements are eventually added I think it would be a great chance to give Lord Of Night a spotlight. Spellements on their own, while a great idea on their own, many people have their own opinions on how it's been executed ( mostly commonly being way to tedious to grind out for the small boosts or being pay-to-win ) I'm not here to specifically talk about spellements though, just how Lord Of Night COULD be improved with spellements;

---

There are two routes I could see it going down; one that increases the infection the trap provides, and another where the infection is removed and is instead removed in exchange for a higher amount of health returned, let me illustrate- I have tooken inspiration from ghoul and ship of fools for example

Increased Infection Trap Route

440 Damage, Swap Half Back, 25% Infection ( start ) ----- 460 damage, Swap Half Back, 35% infection ----- 470 damage, Swap Half Back, 45% infection ( I would really want to give it 50%, but I feel like that would push it a little too much.)

Increased Swap Health Route

440 Damage, Swap Half Back, 25% Infection ( start ) --- 440 Damage, Swap 60% back ---- 440 Damage, Swap 75% Back

Thoughts?

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Honestly, I love the concept of this, although, personally, in order for lord of night to be useful on the "top spellement" as I'll call it from your post, you would have to go against a heal user, which to be honest, I personally dont see much of, unless they spam Guardia angel, which would get rid of the infection when they die.