Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If wizard101 makes the level cap too high for

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
newcomers. We could just make it so when you reach max level you have the option to start over but with a new main school so you could have 2 main schools and each time you hit the max level you could start over and choose a new one so the newcomers would just have less schools and you wouldn't need to add all your friends on one wizard. But the base stats would stay the same. Like my idea or want to add onto it. Leave stuffeds i will check

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Zachary Stormblood on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
newcomers. We could just make it so when you reach max level you have the option to start over but with a new main school so you could have 2 main schools and each time you hit the max level you could start over and choose a new one so the newcomers would just have less schools and you wouldn't need to add all your friends on one wizard. But the base stats would stay the same. Like my idea or want to add onto it. Leave stuffeds i will check
I honestly don't understand.
there's no such thing as too high of a level cap, and we can have up to 6 wizards on one account.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I disagree with this. I honestly also don't know what the main purpose of this idea would be...

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Hey imagine if w101 continues making more and more worlds and makes you have to get higher and higher. Imagine just starting this game. You have to get to get to lvl 450. You would get made fun of for being a noob like forever.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
I think they should stop at level 100 or 150 but KI can still make new side worlds for low and high level players, or just add a few more worlds at the main story.

just my 2 cents.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
I know what you mean i think they levels should stop at level 101 because wizard"101" but like it would be so overwelming for a new comer to start play at level 1 and see a bunch of lets say level 200 or ect i see where zach is coming from and like i can barley get form level 78 to 90 right now and i've been playing this game for 5 years but yeah i like that idea but also if someone no lifes wizards101 and got every school learned he would be practically unbeat able in pvp which i think would be unfair Thanks for reading o:

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
I've started many Wizards and I can't remember the last time someone high leveled called me a noob.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
This doesn't make sense, it is way to confusing, and why start the game over when you can just make another wizard? You have six spaces

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
This doesn't make sense, it is way to confusing, and why start the game over when you can just make another wizard? You have six spaces
Cause you get 2 main schools then 3 then 4 then 5 then 6 then 7 then maybe 10 cuz of astral

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
No. Just no. Doesn't make any sense, and I never see anyone call another person a noob.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
cuz you get 2 schools at once :P

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
SoupWizard64 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
No. Just no. Doesn't make any sense, and I never see anyone call another person a noob.
I've seen it a lot

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Ok so you guys don't understand. Once Wizard101 meets an understandable max level and keeps it then to make it so people don't get bored (the mass questers). You could just choose another main school along with your first main schools. And the process repeats until you have all 7 or 10 schools for free and then you are done. You could combine different school gears so the damage would get both the nice ice and life stats but health stays with your first school or gets combined with the 2nd etc. Everyone would eventually get myth health cuz its the center school.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Um, no.

Besides the fact that (sorry) it's really hard to understand what you are trying to say, even when you're trying to explain it more than once. Sorry, dude, you're still not being clear about your idea or intention.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Zachary Stormblood on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Ok so you guys don't understand. Once Wizard101 meets an understandable max level and keeps it then to make it so people don't get bored (the mass questers). You could just choose another main school along with your first main schools. And the process repeats until you have all 7 or 10 schools for free and then you are done. You could combine different school gears so the damage would get both the nice ice and life stats but health stays with your first school or gets combined with the 2nd etc. Everyone would eventually get myth health cuz its the center school.
No, we understand, we just think that this should happen. Someone could work on their other wizard while waiting for the next world to come out (Such as moi.)
Btw, if this happened, PvP peoples would be way overpowered and everyone would complain and then leave and KI would have to shut down. So no.

It's you who doesn't understand.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
I have no idea what your talking about Lol

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
First off, this game is designed to create each individual wizard to a single primary school then add a secondary school if you choose. It does not make sense to go back with a single wizard to change the primary.

Second, the base stats would not stay the same. Each school is different based on several factors.

Third, KI has several "Chapters" (each chapter is an Arc) already in the works. There is no telling how high the levels will actually go.

With 2 accounts, I have plenty to work with as each wizard reaches the latest level cap and plenty of gardening and hatching to go along with it. I certainly don't want to just stick with one wizard and go back and start a new school each time that one maxes on levels and I don't think many others would either.

As for others calling other players noob, I would have to say that depends on the context in which it is used. For example, I have 5 wizards in the second arc and 7 in the first, so to me all of those in the first in my mind are noobs. It certainly is not worth making an issue over.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Alura BH on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
No, we understand, we just think that this should happen. Someone could work on their other wizard while waiting for the next world to come out (Such as moi.)
Btw, if this happened, PvP peoples would be way overpowered and everyone would complain and then leave and KI would have to shut down. So no.

It's you who doesn't understand.
Never thought about pvp......

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Zachary Stormblood on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
To be as clear as i can :P. Wizard101 can't get more levels forever. Not everyone wants to get up 250 levels 6 times. Thats my understanding

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
First off, this game is designed to create each individual wizard to a single primary school then add a secondary school if you choose. It does not make sense to go back with a single wizard to change the primary.

Second, the base stats would not stay the same. Each school is different based on several factors.

Third, KI has several "Chapters" (each chapter is an Arc) already in the works. There is no telling how high the levels will actually go.

With 2 accounts, I have plenty to work with as each wizard reaches the latest level cap and plenty of gardening and hatching to go along with it. I certainly don't want to just stick with one wizard and go back and start a new school each time that one maxes on levels and I don't think many others would either.

As for others calling other players noob, I would have to say that depends on the context in which it is used. For example, I have 5 wizards in the second arc and 7 in the first, so to me all of those in the first in my mind are noobs. It certainly is not worth making an issue over.
First, your right about base stats they would probably just mix. Second, around the last section of kt you ditch your secondary school. Problem with mastery amulets is you don't get to get any spell thats 7 rank or up or any of the blades! Third, you don't switch primary school, you add a primary. Forth, i only put my idea up here cuz my w101 friend said it was a great idea. Also i noob to message boards. Anyone know how to lock topics?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Zachary Stormblood on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
To be as clear as i can :P. Wizard101 can't get more levels forever. Not everyone wants to get up 250 levels 6 times. Thats my understanding
Not everybody wants to have 6 wizards. Still Wizard101 can do what ever they want. I don't think they'd even stop continuing the story after level 1570 There are many worlds in the spiral, and each one has a story to tell. Even the smallest world, Aquila, had a great story.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 90

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
RavenLady777 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
I honestly don't understand.
there's no such thing as too high of a level cap, and we can have up to 6 wizards on one account.
Raven Lady,

I think what he means, is when we hit L90 and become a Promethean and have maxed out our Experience, that KI would allow the wizard to start from the beginning with another school, yet keep the first one as well.

For example, I am a L90, but with his suggestion, I can keep all my spells in Ice, but choose another school like Fire, Storm or Life; and replay the game as one of them, until the Experience Cap rises, and we have the option of continuing on or not with our original school.

I realize we have the option of choosing six of the seven schools, so that each has a personal storyline, but he is saying instead of creating new wizards, you just choose another instead of just wasting experience by continuing on after we maxed out our experience.

He has a good idea, because that could lead to a blending of schools for spells, but it needs some work.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I think the idea is good but with allowing you to use powerpips for those schools instead of being able to learn all their spells. And what they could do is open up advanced hybrid magic that is a combo of the two schools. Such as if you are life and you reach level 90 and choose death and start leveling over again. The death spells will need training points to get but you can use power pips on them as if you had a mastery amulet on. (you wont be able to get the death school only spells to keep this idea balanced) but you gain hybred magic which is a combo of the two schools I will give an example.

Deathly Unicorn; steal life from enemy's and gives the drained life to you and your allies.

By using this method they can add more spell effects with out needing much of new graphics (more of recolors of what they already have with maybe some unique looks down the road) keeps players playing through out the spiral thus balancing out server stress.

Well thats my thoughts on the idea, Zachary Stormblood's idea inspired this one

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
if you get bored you can always do side quests for the gold and loot and you could also decorate you houses. I have 26 houses. kind of a lot.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Raven Lady,

I think what he means, is when we hit L90 and become a Promethean and have maxed out our Experience, that KI would allow the wizard to start from the beginning with another school, yet keep the first one as well.

For example, I am a L90, but with his suggestion, I can keep all my spells in Ice, but choose another school like Fire, Storm or Life; and replay the game as one of them, until the Experience Cap rises, and we have the option of continuing on or not with our original school.

I realize we have the option of choosing six of the seven schools, so that each has a personal storyline, but he is saying instead of creating new wizards, you just choose another instead of just wasting experience by continuing on after we maxed out our experience.

He has a good idea, because that could lead to a blending of schools for spells, but it needs some work.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Not exactly. You don't get to keep your ice spells you keep the school but not the spells and your xp resets. And thx i haven't gotten much positive stuff on this topic.