Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas to make Wizard101 more FAIR

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
1
I am school of Myth, and i am NOT happy about it, because i have seen people using ALOT better spells than i have and they are the same level as me, i mean, if i knew what cards each school had, then i would've picked storm, but we cant switch schools and i dont want to start a new character because i have been throught ALOT with this character. So what im saying is... That we should be able to get ALL the spells of different schools whether were that school or not, but they should cost more training points. Please :'(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
You have six slots on your account to make different wizards. You don't have to stay with Myth, but you can keep the wizard while you try another school.

Each school has its advantages and disadvantages, and each school has a different playing style from others. You can't play an Ice wizard the same way as you do a Storm wizard. They require different approaches and strategies. That's what makes this game interesting.

The school you choose depends on the style of play you want. If you want powerful spells, try Storm.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
61
You can! Thats what training points are for! Also, you can summon minions better than any other school because that is what myth specializes in!

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
61
Try using the training points for your self! Your idea will just make it harder for everyone else!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1706
TommySoccer wrote:
I am school of Myth, and i am NOT happy about it, because i have seen people using ALOT better spells than i have and they are the same level as me, i mean, if i knew what cards each school had, then i would've picked storm, but we cant switch schools and i dont want to start a new character because i have been throught ALOT with this character. So what im saying is... That we should be able to get ALL the spells of different schools whether were that school or not, but they should cost more training points. Please :'(

If you are unhappy, why not switch? So you loose a few days of play, is that really an issue?

I can't think of why you would think there are better spells out there though, I have played all the schools and they all seem overall well balanced and viable. The only school I won't play now is storm, because I like to plan too much and the fizzles don't go well with a carefully laid out plan of card play that, say, Life does.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
TommySoccer wrote:
if i knew what cards each school had, then i would've picked storm,


There is no reason why you could not have known what cards each school had.

When you are a new wizard, you go through the "enrollment" where Merle Ambrose sends you to Ravenwood to visit each professor. At that time, you could click on "train" at each professor, and you could see exactly what cards they will give you.

After the "enrollment", you may visit any of the professors at any time, and again click on "train" to see what cards they have. If you don't like the cards, you just cancel and leave.

And you can get the spells from different schools, but you must get them in order. You can't just jump ahead and pick what you want.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
124
I know! I wish you could change your school. It is very frustrating being life and having almost no damage spells. Life/storm is even worse. All the good storm cards are for storm wizards. :x :(

Abigail Spiritrider

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
56
If every wizard had the ability to have every spell, the game would get extremely boring in my opinion. The idea of having different classes is so that each wizard gets a slightly different experience depending on the primary schools they choose. If you don't like Myth, then start a new wizard. Storm may have the hardest hitting spells, but they also fizzle more and have the lowest health of all the different schools. Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses, and the creators spent a lot of time trying to make sure all the schools were balanced. It is already very fair and no changes need to be made.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
333
TommySoccer wrote:
I am school of Myth, and i am NOT happy about it, because i have seen people using ALOT better spells than i have and they are the same level as me, i mean, if i knew what cards each school had, then i would've picked storm, but we cant switch schools and i dont want to start a new character because i have been throught ALOT with this character. So what im saying is... That we should be able to get ALL the spells of different schools whether were that school or not, but they should cost more training points. Please :'(


Go secondary Storm if you like their spells more. I have Balance/Life, and sometimes I would load my deck with life cards and heals, and play as a healer once in awhile.

Being able to do every spell of every School, sounds ludocris, Then why even have Schools of focus then? Why not just make one enormous School of Focus, that everybody has to use? This is why, we have the choice of other Schools, and Secondary Schools, and the ability to make 6 wizards. If you do not like your School of Focus, then all's I can say is delete it and start fresh.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
30
TommySoccer wrote:
I am school of Myth, and i am NOT happy about it, because i have seen people using ALOT better spells than i have and they are the same level as me, i mean, if i knew what cards each school had, then i would've picked storm, but we cant switch schools and i dont want to start a new character because i have been throught ALOT with this character. So what im saying is... That we should be able to get ALL the spells of different schools whether were that school or not, but they should cost more training points. Please :'(
just go to the flamigo bird registar and get back your traing pioints

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
lol... no... that would defeat the point of having different schools... myth needs work as I see no reason to play it or with it (other than earthquake and that is only helpful in arena pvp and unless trying to chain stun still doesn't justify playing with a myth on your side)

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
8
Tommy, Myth IMO is the absolute BEST school. OK you might not hit as hard as storm, nobody does. You have more life, earthquake which can come in VERY handy in tons of situations, ALSO 8) You have the advantage of the second hit. OK maybe you need two traps SO WHAT! You can bypass all of the shields. Storm can't do that, they have to remove the shield (if they see it in time) then hope by their turn another doesn't take it's place. Myth wizards plow right through 'em like nothing. So what if your first small hit gets absorbed by shield. You still have the big hit in your pocket.

Myth wizards are TOTALLY under rated! Learn to use it correctly and it can be one of the BEST schools!

Jenna Dreamweaver
GrandMaster Conjurer
Myth Wizards ROCK! 8)

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
327
i thought at lvl 50 you get infinity trainig points. but i was wrong. im a lvl 50 pyro by the way.

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
cruisem wrote:
Tommy, Myth IMO is the absolute BEST school. OK you might not hit as hard as storm, nobody does. You have more life, earthquake which can come in VERY handy in tons of situations, ALSO 8) You have the advantage of the second hit. OK maybe you need two traps SO WHAT! You can bypass all of the shields. Storm can't do that, they have to remove the shield (if they see it in time) then hope by their turn another doesn't take it's place. Myth wizards plow right through 'em like nothing. So what if your first small hit gets absorbed by shield. You still have the big hit in your pocket.

Myth wizards are TOTALLY under rated! Learn to use it correctly and it can be one of the BEST schools!

Jenna Dreamweaver
GrandMaster Conjurer
Myth Wizards ROCK! 8)


Jenna, my problem with myth is really simple. When you face a myth big boss, in order to use your best attacks, you need two prisms to make it work. Seeing as how you can never pack more than seven of any card in the best myth deck (not counting treasure cards), it seems to me that myth would have the biggest problem going after same school bosses. I do love the idea of being able to plow through shields, however. I just think myth would be a lot better if the split it up and had one high level myth attack that was a double hit, and one that was a single hit. Perhaps keep minotaur as your double hit, but replace Orthus (not sure I spelled that right) with a high level single hit myth spell. That way you could adjust your attacks based on what you were facing.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
29
That would defeat the purpose of wizard101. Ice has higher health but lower power, storm has higher power but lower health. And you know what ice has it harder we have to wait till level 38 until we get the quest for our ice blade our power is the worst. But Wizard101 balances all of this so it is completely fair.

Defender
May 29, 2009
109
If you don't like your school, don't play :x

You say it like Myth is a bad thing

Orthrus does a lot of damage

You still mean