Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for Wizard 101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
- An 8th pip. For players who have either pets or treasure cards that require 8 pips and cannot use it without the schools necklace to allow power pips. It's nice for those of us who own all the school necklaces but it would be great to be able to switch up the necklaces from time to time and still be able to use those cards at full pips.

- A parental setting that can allow parents and/or players to customize specific words that are filtered. It's easy to go around the filter from time to time, though you have done a great job already at ridden most of them.

- Crown bought character customization. Allow for purchase a player to redesign their characters appearance and name. Even with a once per month/year type of purchase.

- Bring back the fountain idea, where you can drop single crowns into it for random prizes such as treasure cards, pet snacks, gear, gold etc...

- Create an arena concept that will allow a PvB (players vs bosses from around the spiral). Also within PvP matches, create a 1v2, 2v3, 3v4 handicap style match setup for players that prefer more of a challenge.

- A voting system that could allow players to boot someone out of a dungeon or battle. I mention this for players that go away from the keyboard and allow the timer to continue and for those that will purposely make the cheating bosses continuously cheat, making it impossible for others to win. Once voted out of the battle, it shouldn't stop them from joining the next battle being that the players frustrated or annoyed could always just switch realms afterwards but within a dungeon it should make that player unable to port back.

- Reduce members hatching times by half (allowing 2 slots of pets being hatched at a time). Even creating a concept similar to that of crafting, being at a certain level of hatching to gain another slot.

- A friends only realm, allowing players to quest alone or only with family and friends. Their could even be a special Members only realm, to assist with wizards seeking help on quests without having to worry if the player is capable of getting where they need to go.

- Mount hatching. Along with this, the creation of special school only mounts (that can start off at speeds of 20% gradually developing anywhere up to 50%) which would evolve either in the same concept of pets or a newly developed set of games that are aimed towards mounts only. You could even breed the concept of mounts and pets together with the derby races.

- Housing Party Quest. A ton of players are always looking to have a party in their house and not many of them are too fun when your just standing around. I think their should be a party button that will instantly infest the owners house inside and out with monsters based on the owners level.

I hope you enjoyed hearing some of these ideas and agree, but further more voice out your own creative ideas that could help bring more life into the gaming experience of Wizard 101. I have been playing since day 1 and shall continue to grow with the game as the amazing development teams working for KI enhance an already incredible journey through the spiral.

- Flint Stone
Myth

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
CrackedRose wrote:
- An 8th pip. For players who have either pets or treasure cards that require 8 pips and cannot use it without the schools necklace to allow power pips. It's nice for those of us who own all the school necklaces but it would be great to be able to switch up the necklaces from time to time and still be able to use those cards at full pips.

Unnecessary.

- A parental setting that can allow parents and/or players to customize specific words that are filtered. It's easy to go around the filter from time to time, though you have done a great job already at ridden most of them.

Not possible or not worth it.

- Crown bought character customization. Allow for purchase a player to redesign their characters appearance and name. Even with a once per month/year type of purchase.

KI has mentioned several times that they're entertaining the idea of changing appearance, but that they'll never enable changing names.

- Bring back the fountain idea, where you can drop single crowns into it for random prizes such as treasure cards, pet snacks, gear, gold etc...

There are so many other ways to do this.

- Create an arena concept that will allow a PvB (players vs bosses from around the spiral). Also within PvP matches, create a 1v2, 2v3, 3v4 handicap style match setup for players that prefer more of a challenge.

Why create this arena when you can just go to the instance or dungeon? I think that's more challenging than just going to an arena and fighting something. I can't stand PvP because, in my opinion, it's ruining the game, so adding this would only make matters worse.

- A voting system that could allow players to boot someone out of a dungeon or battle. I mention this for players that go away from the keyboard and allow the timer to continue and for those that will purposely make the cheating bosses continuously cheat, making it impossible for others to win. Once voted out of the battle, it shouldn't stop them from joining the next battle being that the players frustrated or annoyed could always just switch realms afterwards but within a dungeon it should make that player unable to port back.

I entertained this idea for a while, but I couldn't think of a way to implement this without they're being at least one major flaw.

- Reduce members hatching times by half (allowing 2 slots of pets being hatched at a time). Even creating a concept similar to that of crafting, being at a certain level of hatching to gain another slot.

Why?

- A friends only realm, allowing players to quest alone or only with family and friends. Their could even be a special Members only realm, to assist with wizards seeking help on quests without having to worry if the player is capable of getting where they need to go.

That kinda defeats the point of Wizard101.

- Mount hatching. Along with this, the creation of special school only mounts (that can start off at speeds of 20% gradually developing anywhere up to 50%) which would evolve either in the same concept of pets or a newly developed set of games that are aimed towards mounts only. You could even breed the concept of mounts and pets together with the derby races.

Why? All mounts are are a means of transportation.

- Housing Party Quest. A ton of players are always looking to have a party in their house and not many of them are too fun when your just standing around. I think their should be a party button that will instantly infest the owners house inside and out with monsters based on the owners level.

Why? First, the concept of parties weren't implemented into the game, and I don't think there's any reason to do so now. This isn't a "party" type game; if you wanna throw a party that's all on you. Second, what's with all these people who want bosses and monsters available in their castle? Stop being lazy and go out into the Spiral.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Unnecessary.

Response - maybe not, but it would be nice to not always have to wear a mastery amulet in order to use a pet card, or for those that dont have one, having a pet card that they cant use. its not very easy for some to get the one they need through waterworks and to get them all is just tedious.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Not possible or not worth it.

Response- this is very much possible and already within various other programs and games.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
KI has mentioned several times that they're entertaining the idea of changing appearance, but that they'll never enable changing names.

Response- changing of names seems a bit extreme, but under certain circumstances (such as losing entire friends list etc.) i couldn't think of another reason for why it couldn't be done.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
There are so many other ways to do this.

Response - I cant think of any way possible to use a single crown. their should be a way of using the odd amount of crowns you have being your paying money for them in the first place. 3 crowns really isnt the end of the world, even 30, but its the principle of it.

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why create this arena when you can just go to the instance or dungeon? I think that's more challenging than just going to an arena and fighting something. I can't stand PvP because, in my opinion, it's ruining the game, so adding this would only make matters worse.

Response- The bosses was more of an in the moment sort of idea, i would on the other hand love to see handicap matches. I find it way more enjoyable when someone happens to flee or not make it on time due to connection issues and get stuck in a 1v2 or 3v4 style match. It creates more of a challenge and different outtake on the style of play, aside from the typical routine of cards constantly played.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I entertained this idea for a while, but I couldn't think of a way to implement this without they're being at least one major flaw.

Response- It really depends on how it is implemented in order for their to be major flaws, this is something that becomes more useful in boss battles and dungeons rather than the typical street battle.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why?

Response- Even if the times were cut in half, it would be nice to be able to hatch more than a single pet within a 24hr period.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
That kinda defeats the point of Wizard101.

Response - Its something that should exist by choice, not a members only at all times, just a choice of realm you could choose to switch too. Have you ever noticed the tranquil feel throughout wizard city commons and triton avenue within the test realm, it's a vibe that doesnt exist within the free realm.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? All mounts are are a means of transportation.

Response- Pets were also a means of having a friend to look at once. Its a concept that has the capability to evolve such as pets have.

CrackedRose wrote:

AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Why? First, the concept of parties weren't implemented into the game, and I don't think there's any reason to do so now. This isn't a "party" type game; if you wanna throw a party that's all on you. Second, what's with all these people who want bosses and monsters available in their castle? Stop being lazy and go out into the Spiral.

Response- I dont even own a house, i personally dont enjoy decorations and the whole party thing either. But their are many many people who do, and they attempt to make a really big thing out of it. Again these are all ideas, whether you craft or garden or choose to decorate a dorm or house is a part of having a good time in the world of wizard 101. Its just something that can be entertaining, not for winning anything but just for the fun of it.

Akihirohattori5, i thank you for you for taking the time to make a true response and respect every response you have given and challenging my ideas. I am sure that their are many who agree with both sides of what we had to say and others can even take these ideas and create more elaborate ones. It's all about having a good time with this game, and if theirs any thing, even the smallest of detail that we could say to assist the developers in coming up with something brilliant to place within our enjoyment of playing this game. Well than, that makes creating a forum all the more worth it.