Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas For the Game by a Veteran Player- PLEASE READ

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Hello folks, I don't usually post on the message boards here but I just felt like expressing some overdue opinions. I have been playing this game since 2011 so please trust me when I tell you that I know what I am talking about.

My first idea is an entire revamp for the Myth class. Now I know Life needs some fixes themselves but hear me out. Myth no longer has anything that really sticks out. I mean there was earthquake and medusa but those are old times. Let us be honest here,nobody really likes being Myth and except for very specific fights like Yevgeny in Darkmoor nobody is joining team up hoping that they get a Myth and this is because while all of the other classes are getting decent utility spells Myth is busy getting minions and utility spells involving minions. I think minions are a good idea for new players at the start of the game but it should die down after maybe Adept levels. I mean, even the level 108 Myth spell's special effect is summoning a minion and the minion is not even GOOD. Also, Myth's only heal is locked behind an RNG/pay wall (and no I am not counting the siphon minion health as a heal) and even Storm has a healing spell. I think most of the minion spells need to be done away with and Myth should be given something unique to the game like every other class has. I also believe double stuns and double hitting spells similar to Minotaur and Orthrus should work their way back into upcoming high level spells for Myth because those are spells that are actually unique to the class. Take out all of the impractical minion spells like DIMENSION SHIFT and throw in a heal amongst other useful utilites.

My second idea is a rather simple quality of life improvement. Wizards should have some type or color wheel or other spectrum for dying clothes and pets. We have been stuck with the same colors for years now and everybody looks the same anyways these days so we should at least have access to a better variety of colors. This would be especially helpful for crowns gear because there is a lot of gear out there that is undyeable. For example, if I wanted to dye a hat to go with a crowns robe that is undyeable then I have no choice but to find some other hat if I want it to match.

My third idea is another quality of life improvement and that is the ability to put treasure cards into the shared bank. There is no good reason why I cannot transfer TC to my other characters through my shared bank and no I'm not complaining that I cannot give my high level enchants to my lower level characters but there is no good reason why I should not have the ability to simply put Pigsie TC into my shared bank for my Life to pick up. Let's be reasonable here KingsIsle. It is super impractical to give my TC to a friend I trust and then log onto a different wizard so that my friend can trade them back to me.

My fourth idea is better looking cosmetics in the game. This is rather different from the others and is pretty much subjective but lets get real here the cosmetics are bad and repetitive. For example, when my wizards are questing through worlds like Azteca and Khrysalis and I feel like making a stitch I can promise you I am not looking for a dinosaur hat or a bug outfit. These are outfits that appeal to very little kids and even at the tender age of 13 was I not into stuff like that. This also brings up my point of the cosmetics being repetitive. This cosmetic issue is not just a personal preference but the majority of the player base can agree on this. That is why everyone stitches to roughly the same outfits and everybody is running around with the same like 12 colors that are available in the dye shop.

Now I am going to just end it off with a few notes that are just me being honest

• Crowns items are way too expensive and we are certainly aware that you, KI, are making absurd prices. For example, the Purrrfect bundle in the shop right now costs nearly 37k crowns. This bundle consists of 4 mounts and a mega snack pack. I believe 2-3 out of the 4 mounts are purchasable with gold so really? Is the bundle really worth 37k crowns aka $50+?

• Besides the fact that some spells are simply locked behind crowns packs the players are also well aware that the game has a decreased chance of giving you a spell relevant to your class. I am not going to go too in depth on this subject but we are very much aware of it but it is senseless, greedy, and needs to stop immediately.