Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea to solve endgame players being unable to spend gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2022
So lately I've had an issue where it seems like there's nothing in the bazaar anymore, and I've noticed over the past few months that I'm not alone in this issue. A lot of lower level wizards are struggling with activities like crafting and pet training because the bazaar is always empty. As a result, a lot of fingers are being pointed at higher level wizards who are constantly hitting the gold cap, but is it fair to blame them? What else are they supposed to spend their gold on?

With that said, I would like to suggest a new vendor area in Aggrobah: The Black Market

Some of you may already be scratching your head here, "Alyssa, there's no way this is appropriate for a kid's game!" But not to worry, this is the same black market that some of you may be familiar with if you happen to play Pirate101! In my idea, our favorite scrip vendors have decided to branch out to other worlds to increase their profits, and with Aggrobah being a huge merchant location, our squid friend from Skull Island has sent agents to set up shop for high level wizards to spend their hard earned gold at.

How do I get to this new vendor you may ask? Very easily! After you finish Aggrobah in the Mirage storyline, you can take a side quest from a rather suspicious individual, who brings you to an alleyway where our black market friends have set up shop. I would like to note and put emphasis on this alleyway being a new area that wizards have to load into, as I think it would be best to keep this restricted to higher levels as a reward, which would mean that wizards cannot teleport inside.

So now you're probably wondering, what's the big deal about this new vendor? Well to put it shortly, this vendor will be able to sell things that no other vendor in the spiral will, albeit for very hefty prices and with limited stock before refreshing on a daily basis for some items and weekly basis for bigger items. All of the stocks on this item only apply to you as well, meaning that you won't have to worry about other wizards taking your special deals. However, I would also suggest that these offers would connect to your wizard's account instead of your individual wizards to not make these prizes too easy. This would mean that even if you have several different wizards that qualify to visit the black market, they will all be offered the same thing and have the same amount of stock remaining.

Here's some of the items and prices I was thinking:

POSSIBLE DAILY ROTATIONS (3 random offers daily, +1 offer slot at level 130, +1 offer slot at level 150)
--Big pet snack (10-19 pet xp): 7,000 gold each (max stock of 20)
--Huge pet snack (20-30 pet xp): 20,000 gold each (max stock of 15)
--Mega pet snack (31-50 pet xp): 50,000 gold each (max stock of 5)
--Rare reagants (diamonds, black pearls, etc): Randomized price from 4000 to 12,000 gold each (max stock of 25-50)
--Rare jewels (accuracy, pip, morganthe, maycast 10% aura, etc): Randomized price from 40,000 to 100,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--Non-auctionable furniture: Randomized price from 10,000 to 40,000 gold each, randomized max stock of 1-5
--Sought after treasure cards (shadow enhanced TC, empowers, etc) Randomized price from 7,500 to 15,000 gold each, max stock of 25-50
--15 random rank 1-6 spellements: 100,000 gold (max stock of 3)
--Eloise's Ticket (grants 1 free item stitch): 200,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--**RARE** One random 399 pack: 500,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--**RARE** 5 random Loremaster spellements: 250,000 gold (max stock of 1)

POSSIBLE WEEKLY ROTATIONS (2 offers weekly, +1 offer slot at level 150)
--Full set of random school emblem gear: 300,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--Randomized crown shop hair: 100,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--Random piece of pack gear: 300,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--Eloise's Ticket x3 (grants 3 free item stitches): 550,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--10 random mega snacks (31-50pet xp): 400,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--75 random rare reagents: 225,000 gold (max stock of 2)
--Sought after gardening seeds (EMPs, couch potatoes, jewel plants, etc): 250,000 each (max stock of 3)
--**RARE** 2 random 399 packs: 500,000 gold (max stock of 1)
--**RARE** 15 random Loremaster spellements: 500,000 gold (max stock of 1)

Thank you for reading! Please leave feedback if you can, I'd love to hear what you think!

-Alyssa