Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice gear and spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Ice is not the most popular class but it is a class with one small little problem, we're supposed to be the tank class of the game but that's not really where we are right now. Our health is only 1K (or less usually) higher than most other classes, our resist is good but still barely above most others, and against most bosses we can't did to much of anything if they have a cheat which negates tower shield.

I liked attacks that technically debuffed us for greater power like snow angel but that's not something we really see anymore, why couldn't snowball barrage apply a mass taunt or something for more power? But back to the point I really think ice needs more resist and health than we get now, not to much but an extra 1.5K or 2k health would work, and maybe +3% resist on all gear that takes it? The main problem is that ice is built as a support class and can't do anything to much without the help of another class against really tough bosses. These small adjustments could really help that.

Also regarding spells there are a couple I'd like to see mad craftable for ice, since we only have 2 and winter moon is the best. Snowball strike, frost Minotaur, icebird, frost demon (the one that gives a bubble), Santa Claus ( 6 pips 505-627 damage 2 ice dispels on target +1 30% shield to user), gobbler, double steal ward, sub-zero lantern (big ice corpse lantern, 8 pips does 826 ice damage to all enemies mega taunt and +30% ice blade or -30% universal blade), you'll notice I included a lot of spells that give boost along with them, I don't think it's such a big problem with ice since we do have the lowest damage of any class.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
piratical505 on Oct 26, 2017 wrote:
Ice is not the most popular class but it is a class with one small little problem, we're supposed to be the tank class of the game but that's not really where we are right now. Our health is only 1K (or less usually) higher than most other classes, our resist is good but still barely above most others, and against most bosses we can't did to much of anything if they have a cheat which negates tower shield.

I liked attacks that technically debuffed us for greater power like snow angel but that's not something we really see anymore, why couldn't snowball barrage apply a mass taunt or something for more power? But back to the point I really think ice needs more resist and health than we get now, not to much but an extra 1.5K or 2k health would work, and maybe +3% resist on all gear that takes it? The main problem is that ice is built as a support class and can't do anything to much without the help of another class against really tough bosses. These small adjustments could really help that.

Also regarding spells there are a couple I'd like to see mad craftable for ice, since we only have 2 and winter moon is the best. Snowball strike, frost Minotaur, icebird, frost demon (the one that gives a bubble), Santa Claus ( 6 pips 505-627 damage 2 ice dispels on target +1 30% shield to user), gobbler, double steal ward, sub-zero lantern (big ice corpse lantern, 8 pips does 826 ice damage to all enemies mega taunt and +30% ice blade or -30% universal blade), you'll notice I included a lot of spells that give boost along with them, I don't think it's such a big problem with ice since we do have the lowest damage of any class.
I can not really agree with this that much. Although ice doesn't have "As much" health or resist as you want, they can still be a tank.

Every school is able to "Be a tank" with jade gear, but it's your school that actually has spells that is for the "tanking" purpose.

At the moment, ice has so much health and resist that they can most likely win a pvp match (Plus weaver which is extremely overpowered if you go first)

You are the only school who has the possibility to get 99% resist to ALL schools. There is a youtube tutorial on how to get that. I think kingsisle made it 99% on purpose so you can't be completely immune to all schools.

The health isn't much of an issue because if you have high resist, then that means less health taken away, and your health in pvp is just crazily overpowered especially if you have a Life Mastery + Satyr.

I don't think this needs to be changed. If anything, I think ice needs a nerf.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
I mained ice, been a player since before Dragonspyre,

1) at lvl 120, storm has as much health as a lvl 60 ice, and with the right gear, ice right now breaks 10000hp

Since Zafaria, I've soloed everything
Enchant + Blizzard spam, zero blades or traps, I do 1800 without critical

Snowball Barrage is supposed to be a Tempest, since ice and storm has always been polar opposites, highest attack, lowest health, highest health, lowest attack, though I fully agree Snowball Barrage should get somewhat a boost since we're using a shadow pip, even if it's raising the 85 damage to 90-95 or make every balance wizard mad because "judgement" make it 100...

One thing I say we should get, a high lvl athame with 5+ universal resist, it's a Heart steel from the crown shop, but added stats to match say lvl 110...

Ice is a support school, just as life and balance are, but doesn't mean we're not going down easily, Storm has to 1 shot or get one shot, it's how a glass cannon works, ice is a iron clad brick wall, sure it'll take 10 rounds to one shot a 15000+ boss, but he can't do nothing to us

And ice is probably the most versitile school, I've ran with 90% critical, 148% outgoing healing, 115% damage 93% universal resist, 15% shadow pip (not all at once but) and sure so can every other school, but ice no matter what has the health to play around with

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Jade gear sacrifices all other stats and so does that 99% resist setup, and 1800 without critical? That is a far cry from me, what gear do you use? That aside, what do you guys think of the spells I want craftable?
-snowball strike

-frost Minotaur (from creepy carnival bundle)

-icebird

-frost demon (one that gives bubble)

-Santa Claus (6 pips 605 damage, +2 ice dispels and +1 30% universal shield)

-Gobbler

-Double steal ward

-Arctic lantern(8 pips, one huge ice corpse lantern, 726 damage all enemies, mega taunt all enemies -20% damage to all enemies and caster)

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Also a spell called crystal angelic whiteout, 8 pips 1 shadow pip casts snow angel but attack all at once and applies a -30% aura on all enemies for 3 turns, also cleanses all negative charms from caster. Mega taunt and caster loses 1 shield 330+1440 tick damage all enemies.