Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I think I Figured it out....

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
353
Before you can say there is no way there will be another school, I know. I'm just saying this.
Before the balances can say that balance doesn't need an oppisite. I know. I'm just saying this.

First of all, myth being the oppisite of storm makes no sense to me. Storm's oppisite should be something strong, something able to withstand strongstorms irl.
Iron/Metal/Steel.
And Myth in Pigswick Academy is called Chaos, which is like the oppisite of balance. Myth=Oppisite of Balance.

Again, I know that balance doesn't need an oppisite and that it's a 0.9% chance of there being a new (main) school.
(P.S. Please tell me how storm and myth are oppisites!!)

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
126
I happen to love magic related myths and stuff, so here it goes…

I don't know why Myth is Chaos in WY, because in most cases, Chaos magic causes chaos (lol a bit redundant) and usually storms. In my opinion, Storm should be Chaos.

Another opinion, I dont think Storm's opposite should be something man-made like steel. In it's natural state, Iron is an element . I doubt that a rock-like substance could do much.

If we were talking about Chaos magic in general, I think Chaos and Equilibrium would be great opposites (messing things up and balancing them back out)

But, If we're talking about the Myth school, a whole bunch of spells in all schools have myths in them. The Sirens and Levys, Fairies, Centaurs, Seraphs, These are all myths like Cyclops and Minotaur. And, Since when is an earthquake a type of myth? I'm pretty sure I felt one before…

So, yea, I am pretty confuzzled too. My overall opinion: They can't change the game now, after 5 years of Storm vs Myth. They'd have to go back and change a lot of things, and that becomes very painstaking, tiring, long, and repetitively boring (I make some video games in my free time, I know what its like). So, lets just go with the flow…

Keira D.
lvl 79 Diviner

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
147
I'm going to explain why Myth is the opposite of Storm and hopefully everyone listens, and for once will stop conjuering schools...

Myth represents Gaia in some ways, with the Earthquake spell etc. And as the represent Gaia they're also representing the Earth. And Storm represents the Sea. Also Myth is chaotic, they're always cojuering ideals in their heads meanwhile Storm is collected and easily creates things...

~Sincerey, Hunter...

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
well if you ask me my favorite school is storm and i cannot stand myth wizards they are little cowards hiding behind their minions and trash talking for the minion

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
they are opposites because storm is based on being realistic and inventing, while myth is based on fantasy!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
critical blizzard on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
well if you ask me my favorite school is storm and i cannot stand myth wizards they are little cowards hiding behind their minions and trash talking for the minion
How are they cowards? The spell was given to them so they can use it as much as they want. That just seems a bit rude. And as for the main topic, I also don't get it either.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
56
Alura BH on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Before you can say there is no way there will be another school, I know. I'm just saying this.
Before the balances can say that balance doesn't need an oppisite. I know. I'm just saying this.

First of all, myth being the oppisite of storm makes no sense to me. Storm's oppisite should be something strong, something able to withstand strongstorms irl.
Iron/Metal/Steel.
And Myth in Pigswick Academy is called Chaos, which is like the oppisite of balance. Myth=Oppisite of Balance.

Again, I know that balance doesn't need an oppisite and that it's a 0.9% chance of there being a new (main) school.
(P.S. Please tell me how storm and myth are oppisites!!)
Myth is the oppisite because because storm hits the highest from elemental schools like myth from spirit.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
760
Moonlighterz1000 on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
How are they cowards? The spell was given to them so they can use it as much as they want. That just seems a bit rude. And as for the main topic, I also don't get it either.
they let their minion take the damage and do the damage and once its gone they summon another one and then they trash talk if their minion beats someone in pvp

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
Alura BH on Aug 30, 2013 wrote:
Before you can say there is no way there will be another school, I know. I'm just saying this.
Before the balances can say that balance doesn't need an oppisite. I know. I'm just saying this.

First of all, myth being the oppisite of storm makes no sense to me. Storm's oppisite should be something strong, something able to withstand strongstorms irl.
Iron/Metal/Steel.
And Myth in Pigswick Academy is called Chaos, which is like the oppisite of balance. Myth=Oppisite of Balance.

Again, I know that balance doesn't need an oppisite and that it's a 0.9% chance of there being a new (main) school.
(P.S. Please tell me how storm and myth are oppisites!!)
My opinion on this is that it is because is made up of fictional creatures and relies on the imagination, whereas is a very real and VERY physical thing. And both have some fantasy creatures as spells, so they couldn't very easily be opposites.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
28
Okay so first of all, being a myth wizard who rarely uses minions and doesn't boast or trash talk, I just want to say to critical blizzard that not all myth wizards are cowards. Anyway, myth was given minions for a reason. Minions are our strength. We were given them to use them. You might as well say that life wizards are cowards for healing themselves.
Then, as an answer to the original question, first, go to the wizard101 main site and study the picture on the "schools of magic" page. That is a diagram of the triangle of magic.you will notice that myth is diagonally opposite storm. It is also between fire and ice, which are the two other elementals as well as the combination that makes storm. So don't question how the opposites work, the spiral has its reasons.

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
145
critical blizzard on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
well if you ask me my favorite school is storm and i cannot stand myth wizards they are little cowards hiding behind their minions and trash talking for the minion
Cowards?! What?! Oh now that's just messed up. I can't even use my best minion in pvp! Vassanji is furious. But seriously. Not cool. And about the REAL topic, I think storm and myth are opposites since storm seems to be about science, and hypothesis, and energy. Myth uses the CRAZY part of the creative side, and conjures up ideas that would seem plain silly and illogical to any storm Mage.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
186
sarahofmyth on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Okay so first of all, being a myth wizard who rarely uses minions and doesn't boast or trash talk, I just want to say to critical blizzard that not all myth wizards are cowards. Anyway, myth was given minions for a reason. Minions are our strength. We were given them to use them. You might as well say that life wizards are cowards for healing themselves.
Then, as an answer to the original question, first, go to the wizard101 main site and study the picture on the "schools of magic" page. That is a diagram of the triangle of magic.you will notice that myth is diagonally opposite storm. It is also between fire and ice, which are the two other elementals as well as the combination that makes storm. So don't question how the opposites work, the spiral has its reasons.

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.
He's right. Every school has its strengths and they were given them for a reason. is a healing school, is a health stealing school, and is a summoning school. There's a reason for everything in the game.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
145
sarahofmyth on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Okay so first of all, being a myth wizard who rarely uses minions and doesn't boast or trash talk, I just want to say to critical blizzard that not all myth wizards are cowards. Anyway, myth was given minions for a reason. Minions are our strength. We were given them to use them. You might as well say that life wizards are cowards for healing themselves.
Then, as an answer to the original question, first, go to the wizard101 main site and study the picture on the "schools of magic" page. That is a diagram of the triangle of magic.you will notice that myth is diagonally opposite storm. It is also between fire and ice, which are the two other elementals as well as the combination that makes storm. So don't question how the opposites work, the spiral has its reasons.

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.
I agree. Don't be messing around with myth, critical blizzard!