Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I still want to be able to stitch pets

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
The pets I play with I play with them for their card, though I'd rather stitch the pet into something more visually enjoyable.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
seasnake wrote:
The pets I play with I play with them for their card, though I'd rather stitch the pet into something more visually enjoyable.

Eh...that seems like a step too far. I know it's not possible to stitch a sword with a mace in real life so it looks like a sword with the benefits of a mace like you can do in the game, but stitching a Judgment pet with a Hydra so that it looks like a Judgment pet with the benefits of the Hydra? It just seems unnecessary and confusing to me why KI should fit this into their schedule.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
If the problem is the idea of stitching pets together doesn't make sense, or that one pet be destroyed for the benifit of another, then in the lab you could call pet stitching something like soul transference which doesn't destroy a pet but merely polymorphs them into the other. Although a major pain to the players, there could also be a requirement that both pets must be at epic to be strong enough to survive/do the transference. The lab guy could then appear and say to players trying to polymorph non-epic pets that he refuses to allow the transference attempt out of concern of the health/strength of the pets (then the game puts forth an image that it is wrong to endanger the lives of pets which is a family friendly message).

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Poor pets... Take a needle and change them... ow.....
Sorry, but I dont think that is a good idea. If you want something visually enjoyable, switch to the 'visually enjoyable' when you are just chillin' in the commons with some friends, and to your good pet when you are questing/searching-for-badges/whatever-the-heck-you-do-including-fighting (lol)

Just saying, cause thats what I do.

OR, hatch your pets so that you get the one visually enjoyable mixed with the good one, and you have a good pet that is visually enjoyable! (I will hope that makes sense... :P)

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Sorry, but I dont think that is a good idea. If you want something visually enjoyable, switch to the 'visually enjoyable' when you are just chillin' in the commons with some friends, and to your good pet when you are questing/searching-for-badges/whatever-the-heck-you-do-including-fighting (lol)

OR, hatch your pets so that you get the one visually enjoyable mixed with the good one, and you have a good pet that is visually enjoyable! (I will hope that makes sense... :P)

mixing pets, outside of grandmaster/special pets, doesn't ever give you the pet's card

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
seasnake wrote:
mixing pets doesn't ever give you the pet's card

Yes, you can hatch for stats and eventually hatch the stats you want into the species you want. Same goes for Talents. Takes time, patience, and persistence -- and is greatly helped by a small investment of Crowns to get plants which produce Mega Snacks.

But the default card is tied to the species of the pet, and you cannot get around that, which I find disappointing. I would very much have liked to have had a way to hatch a Unicorn to a Samoorai and get a Unicorn pet that gave me *gasp* a Unicorn card. (I would of course hatch it against a Nightmare to get the Unicorn talent as well, because if you're going to do a thing, why stop halfway?).

But the card is tied to the species, and I share your disappointment with that limitation.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Stitching pets… sounds graphic

In all seriousness, I agree with you 100%

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:

You do realize that we live in a world of Magic, right? Not needles... We can easily change or transconfigure them into anything we want, without hurting the pets.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
marinersk wrote:
seasnake wrote:
mixing pets doesn't ever give you the pet's card

Yes, you can hatch for stats and eventually hatch the stats you want into the species you want. Same goes for Talents. Takes time, patience, and persistence -- and is greatly helped by a small investment of Crowns to get plants which produce Mega Snacks.

But the default card is tied to the species of the pet, and you cannot get around that, which I find disappointing. I would very much have liked to have had a way to hatch a Unicorn to a Samoorai and get a Unicorn pet that gave me *gasp* a Unicorn card. (I would of course hatch it against a Nightmare to get the Unicorn talent as well, because if you're going to do a thing, why stop halfway?).

But the card is tied to the species, and I share your disappointment with that limitation.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

You are practically contradicting yourself in your post.

You can get the talents you want on any pet, this is for sure, but no, you can't get any card on any pet. Hence, the stitching pet idea.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
You are practically contradicting yourself in your post.

I just re-read it and don't see the contradiction. Summary of my post:

1) You can hatch to move attributes to a species
2) You can hatch to move talents to a species
3) You cannot hatch to move a default card to a species.
4) I agree with the original poster who wants to change #3.

darthjt wrote:
You can get the talents you want on any pet, this is for sure, but no, you can't get any card on any pet. Hence, the stitching pet idea.

So you also agree with us. Excellent.

:: pause ::

So, I'm curious. Where, exactly, do you see a contradiction here?

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm