Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I miss the shopping district

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
9
Okay, I know I love the bazaar but I sort of miss the old times when we would shop in the shopping district. Nobody is really there unless its for the dye shop. I think that Wizard101 should make the shopping district shops sell that item, so for example, the hat shop should buy hats, the robe shop should buy robes. The reason I love and miss shopping district is because it reminds me of a mall. The bazaar is like, well like a walmart, it sells everything you need (not pets and mounts but you know what I mean.) I think that the stores in Shopping District should do their stock by people selling things. Like if someone sold a level 50 robe at the robe shop then it would be for sale. The reason no one shops at the shopping district is because they only have like Level 5 gear, which is why I am talking about changing that. I think that shopping district should change and be more popular, (not just because of the realm wu.) Who else agrees?
Thanks Wizard101 I know its really long but I just have a very reasonable suggestion.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
One thing that might revitalize the forgotten clothing stores: the ability to improve your gear by enchanting it (add certain stats or cards, within reason) and embroidering it (get school symbols or special designs added).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
I disagree. Having to go to a separate shop for every type of item in my backpack would be thoroughly annoying. I like the way the bazaar works. Adding enhancements like Lucas suggested I could see, but having to run to 6 different stores just to clean out my pack, update gear and pick up treasure cards daily would become very tedious.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
Lucas Rain on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
One thing that might revitalize the forgotten clothing stores: the ability to improve your gear by enchanting it (add certain stats or cards, within reason) and embroidering it (get school symbols or special designs added).
this is a nice idea!

Perhaps moving the Bazaar to the Shopping District would revitalize it :P not gonna happen, but hey :D

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
64
I miss it too! The Bazaar you have to keep going down one more street than the shopping district! Maybe put better stuff in the shopping district, or make it bigger or something! The Bazaar in the Shopping District isn't a bad idea.
- Cheyenne StormHunter Lvl 71

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
186
Lucas Rain on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
One thing that might revitalize the forgotten clothing stores: the ability to improve your gear by enchanting it (add certain stats or cards, within reason) and embroidering it (get school symbols or special designs added).
That'd be cool. I'd like to have WaterWorks gear with Ice symbols on it.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethan Thaumagture

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
151
seethe42 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. Having to go to a separate shop for every type of item in my backpack would be thoroughly annoying. I like the way the bazaar works. Adding enhancements like Lucas suggested I could see, but having to run to 6 different stores just to clean out my pack, update gear and pick up treasure cards daily would become very tedious.
Perhaps the sell pricing could be adjusted so you could get better prices from the individual dealers. You want a one stop place to sell off everything quick, go to the bazaar. But if you really needed extra gold you could go around to the individual shops one at a time and sell stuff for a little more.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Actually, this is a good idea.

In many games I have played, the shops have all levels of gear for sale. Often, you can't buy the higher level gear until you reach the appropriate level, but you can still see the items, and want to get them.

If KI made new lines of gear for sale in the shops that were of better quality for all levels of play, that would draw people in. It might be interesting to make gear that can be purchased with both crowns and gold, like houses. Make it high-end stuff, that would take a lot of gold, but that could still be bought with gold -- or that an impatient person could also fork out crowns to get.

Or, if they took the gear, and pets, and mounts, from the older card packs, and made a "resale shop" in the shopping district, that could also be fun. Kind of an ongoing "Throwback Thursday" place, with rotating merchandise.

There are lots of possibilities in this regard, if you think about it.

Wizard City, being the hub of the Spiral as we know it, should really have a thriving Market that draws in the best of all worlds, a center of trade. Like taking the trade with GH quest early on, but making it actually mean something, so that actual goods from higher up can find their way into the WC shops.

But right now, the shopping district is a mostly useless area of real estate -- kind of like an old run-down downtown of a once thriving metropolis. No wonder we have beggars hanging out there!

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
151
The biggest problem with gear in this game is that once you reach level 60 waterworks gear is the only gear worth making any effort to get, everything else is crap by comparison. I really feel like the KI developers have better things to do with their time than to create more useless gear players will take one look at then discard.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
114
I like this idea, going around to sell each item. But when you think about it: It would take WAY too much time to actually go to each individual store to sell each type of item. You could have:
One hat
Three Robes
Seven Boots
And etc.

That would be very annoying to go and sell.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
18
This is an interesting idea. I definitely agree that the Shopping District has long outlived its usefulness for most wizards. However, it should be noted that the Bazaar works differently than the other "normal" shops. In the Shopping District (and at other worlds' equipment vending areas), they have an unlimited supply and fixed prices for a few pieces of equipment. This system can be cheaper at times, but the resale value is outrageously unfair. (Case in point: At the Krokotopia housing shop, I accidentally bought the Oasis Camp. I had to pay 10,000 gold; however, when I tried to sell it back, I had to settle for 500 gold, only 1/20 of the original purchase price. ) On the other hand, the Bazaar is based on supply and demand. This means that the amount (and therefore, the price) of the available things there is constantly changing. This can mean a better resale value for all sorts of items, but that can also mean that if you want to purchase a popular item, it can be a lot more expensive.
Bottom Line: the Shopping District definitely needs a jolt of life, but it probably wouldn't be through the same channels.
Jesse Drakebreaker Adept
Thomas Darkstaff

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
17
seethe42 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. Having to go to a separate shop for every type of item in my backpack would be thoroughly annoying. I like the way the bazaar works. Adding enhancements like Lucas suggested I could see, but having to run to 6 different stores just to clean out my pack, update gear and pick up treasure cards daily would become very tedious.
What if there were a sigil in the shopping district where you could mass sell stuff. But the individual shop bazaar type thing was only for buying. You would only have to go to the individual stores for buying

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
144
Lucas Rain on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
One thing that might revitalize the forgotten clothing stores: the ability to improve your gear by enchanting it (add certain stats or cards, within reason) and embroidering it (get school symbols or special designs added).
So right!

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
I know what you mean... I remember everyone would be at the shopping district making their little kind of shop. They would trade TC with people. Man... the old days were great. I also remember everyone glitching to the area thats next to the furniture shop. I even remember people used to buy their pets from the shop in the shopping district. Everyone ran around with a brown dragon because it was the cheapest xD. Those were the fun days :P

I agree. I want the shopping district back to being the commons of WC today.
The thing I disagree with is your idea though. It would be so much effort to do that. Maybe a special shop could be in the shopping district that sells something unique... I don't know. Just something to revive the shopping district.
Maybe this is something we players have to do instead of relying on KI all the time? Slowly, overtime, we could all hang out in the shopping district. Other players would follow us and boom, we've got our district back.

I just hope we can somehow bring it back to life. The commons is boring now.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
77
Natsu Dragneel on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
I know what you mean... I remember everyone would be at the shopping district making their little kind of shop. They would trade TC with people. Man... the old days were great. I also remember everyone glitching to the area thats next to the furniture shop. I even remember people used to buy their pets from the shop in the shopping district. Everyone ran around with a brown dragon because it was the cheapest xD. Those were the fun days :P

I agree. I want the shopping district back to being the commons of WC today.
The thing I disagree with is your idea though. It would be so much effort to do that. Maybe a special shop could be in the shopping district that sells something unique... I don't know. Just something to revive the shopping district.
Maybe this is something we players have to do instead of relying on KI all the time? Slowly, overtime, we could all hang out in the shopping district. Other players would follow us and boom, we've got our district back.

I just hope we can somehow bring it back to life. The commons is boring now.
Wow, the nostalgia runs deep in this one. lol But I remember that too. I've had my account for about four-and-a-half years (but have only really used it for the past five months) and I remember when I was only about lvl 13 and had no membership; all me and my friends would do would be to hang out in the commons/shopping district, and playing tag in that glitched area, and trading and re-trading tc just for the fun of it....

-Calamity Deathbringer, Legendary Necromancer

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1129
I was thinking about a "Farmer's Market / Swap Meet" sort of arrangement where any Wizard could "rent" a space and put their goods up for sale or trade. This could maybe even include No Auction items that most of us either store forever in our shared bank or feed to our pets.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
277
I wish Bazaar had been implemented in the Shopping District instead.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2014
15
I have an idea. What if selling your item at the proper store gave you a slight bonus. Like an item would sell for an extra 5% to 10% gold. That way you can go and sell everything real fast at the bazar, or if you want a little extra money you can go to each shop. Problem solved?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2014
15
Ok Dan the Terrible beat me too it. Didn't see ya there Dan, but I agree!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Ruthless Anthony on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
I wish Bazaar had been implemented in the Shopping District instead.
Yes, me too. This would make much better sense.

Squire
Jun 19, 2010
506
You know what would work well in the Shopping District; a fish market or vendor that buys and SELLS fish.

Yes, some love to invest the required time to fish and collect badges; while others just want pretty fish in their aquariums.

Either way, a fish market or vendor in the Shopping District you could buy and sell fish would be appreciated and welcomed by many.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
9
RainDroppedRose on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I know I love the bazaar but I sort of miss the old times when we would shop in the shopping district. Nobody is really there unless its for the dye shop. I think that Wizard101 should make the shopping district shops sell that item, so for example, the hat shop should buy hats, the robe shop should buy robes. The reason I love and miss shopping district is because it reminds me of a mall. The bazaar is like, well like a walmart, it sells everything you need (not pets and mounts but you know what I mean.) I think that the stores in Shopping District should do their stock by people selling things. Like if someone sold a level 50 robe at the robe shop then it would be for sale. The reason no one shops at the shopping district is because they only have like Level 5 gear, which is why I am talking about changing that. I think that shopping district should change and be more popular, (not just because of the realm wu.) Who else agrees?
Thanks Wizard101 I know its really long but I just have a very reasonable suggestion.
This is actually a great idea! The shopping district always seems empty to me with acception of events such as spooky bob and other holiday gear merchants and the dye shop. I think the shops should buy and sell clothes, but they should also sell items at your level but like the bazaar, the higher levelled items will still be visible.
I completely agree with this and I hope the people at Kingsisle see this. It's really a great idea.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
29
Lucas Rain on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
One thing that might revitalize the forgotten clothing stores: the ability to improve your gear by enchanting it (add certain stats or cards, within reason) and embroidering it (get school symbols or special designs added).
Amazing, wonderful idea! I think that this should be that empty store near colossus boulivard. There should be 2 people there, the "Tailor"- who embroides things, like the cool zues robes to make them have a symbol of your school on it, And the "Enchanter", who enchants gear! He only enchants within level (You can start enchanting at level 10 or 20?) for example.. A level 20 can't get the efreet card on his robe, but he can get the sandstorm! You can enchant only Hat,Robe, and Boots (or not, if you dont like it make a suggestion) I see exalted balance with Tartarus gear, and the robe gives them Storm Efreet? How about we change that into the Balance Efreet, or a Dragon Blade? OR you can enchant a robe to give more critical instead of a card. (You can give it 2 Cards but remove one stat, such as remove all the incoming healing from your robe in turn for a second card)

Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
29
Maybe add gear for level 20 to 100 in the shopping district, and remove gear vendors in other worlds entirely, so high levels with no membership can get gear of their level! (And gear there costs less than the bazaar, so they go there instead of bazaar if they have little gold.)