Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to Make Name Changes Work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2013
When you made your wizard years ago, and now realize that people can tease you of sorts because of your wizard's name not matching their school, or having weird starter hair, you kind of wish you had the option to change everything you could personalize at the beginning of making a character, and I'm sure many people can relate.

Now, my only option to change my wizards name and face is to start over my wizard, but being a level 90 Ice, I don't really have the time, patience, or money to start over my ice. I know this has been asked a lot, but can we please have something in the crown shop to change the face/facial expression, basic hair, name, and basic clothing for something like 5000 crowns?

Now the only problem that I see with adding this is people unfriending their old friends because they don't recognize them at all. Below I will provide the format of this solution, over the friends list.

() Marcus WinterBreeze
(Mark EmeraldThorn)

My new name would be shown first, and then my old name would be shown under. Clicking either of my names would show my new face, (and my gear of course). To see my old looks, you could click a circular button labeled "See Old View," which would be located to the right of the friend's name, moving the name slightly to the left. The art is for this button would probably be like the basic circle face split down the middle sort of like DC's "Two Face."

Thank you for taking your time to read this, if you have any problems with this suggestion, please comments your concerns, and I will do my best to address them. Please leave any feedback or suggestions about this add on to the crown shop that I think would be really nice! I know I tried to make this suggestion before, but I think my old one was poorly crafted and had weak points. Also, I still think 5000 crowns is a reasonable price for a name/face/hair/etc. change.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Sounds like the problem has to do with you caring more about what others think of you in a GAME.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
I don't think KI will go to the trouble to make this feature mainly because we don't actually need it. It would be cool to change names but for now you need to ignore the teasing. I'm not saying KI wont implement this feature but it is not likely.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Ogeezalo on Feb 5, 2017 wrote:
When you made your wizard years ago, and now realize that people can tease you of sorts because of your wizard's name not matching their school, or having weird starter hair, you kind of wish you had the option to change everything you could personalize at the beginning of making a character, and I'm sure many people can relate.

Now, my only option to change my wizards name and face is to start over my wizard, but being a level 90 Ice, I don't really have the time, patience, or money to start over my ice. I know this has been asked a lot, but can we please have something in the crown shop to change the face/facial expression, basic hair, name, and basic clothing for something like 5000 crowns?

Now the only problem that I see with adding this is people unfriending their old friends because they don't recognize them at all. Below I will provide the format of this solution, over the friends list.

() Marcus WinterBreeze
(Mark EmeraldThorn)

My new name would be shown first, and then my old name would be shown under. Clicking either of my names would show my new face, (and my gear of course). To see my old looks, you could click a circular button labeled "See Old View," which would be located to the right of the friend's name, moving the name slightly to the left. The art is for this button would probably be like the basic circle face split down the middle sort of like DC's "Two Face."

Thank you for taking your time to read this, if you have any problems with this suggestion, please comments your concerns, and I will do my best to address them. Please leave any feedback or suggestions about this add on to the crown shop that I think would be really nice! I know I tried to make this suggestion before, but I think my old one was poorly crafted and had weak points. Also, I still think 5000 crowns is a reasonable price for a name/face/hair/etc. change.
KI is not going to allow name changes for wizards. That alone would create some problems that in reality could result in the loss of your wizard entirely due to what has already been registered in your account.....All wizard names are tied directly to that account.

What you propose would create even more problems. Many of us have created wizards early in the game that we don't particularly like but if we all requested name changes or appearance changes, it would create chaos for the system.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
changing a name is problematic; but there have been many posts over the years requesting an option to change basic appearance for crowns (similar to how you can buy back training points).

I agree with the appearance change option; someone new to the game doesn't realize it is a permanent choice (like me years back). There are wigs etc. but would be nice to don some traditional hats with a hairstyle you are happy with.