Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How I Would Make Myth a Better School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Everyone already knows that Myth isn't that good for solo, and team-play purposes, or at least compared to other Schools. (They're decent for PvP, at least.)
Example:

Storm: has high critical and damage, so they're good for team-play hammers, killing fast and effective. Just blade the storm, lol. (Mainly good in team-play PvP and PvE, but solo is kinda hard.)

Fire: similar to Storm, but somewhat more balanced with Utility like DoTs, allowing them to get easy open-hits in PvP, (Also Efreet cause it's almost never a bad move.) good for PvE for when bosses have capped damage, or just to be a "second-storm".

Ice: Broken in PvP cause they get mad resist and health, (Plus just abominable every-round.) They suck in team-play, but they can be good for solo PvE.

Death: They're kinda bad in PvP, since they don't have too much utility other than life-drains, which suck since they don't do as much damage as a normal hit, and damage enchants do not give it the full-amount. (Good for solo PvE, thou, and team-play with the right set.)

Life: Kinda nice for PvP and PvE with critical heals for team-play and solo, but other schools can heal with Pigsie, so critical is the only way to make this School shine.

Balance: They're kinda bad for solo PvE, until you get shrike, since critical heals from them is nice, too, pretty much just a mix of different support and utility, like blades, traps, et cetera. (Since the Mana Burn and Loremaster nerf happened, and since they didn't gain anything in return, they're pretty much just a worse Life Wizard for PvE, atm.)

But Myth... Every School can do something better than what it can do (Especially with TC.), the only major difference is Minions, which really isn't that major, lol. I'm NOT suggesting that it should get more damage and critical, or more resist and health, or anything the other schools have, what I think is that what they already have should be improved ON. Minions and Stuns.

For minions, I think there should be an "Enchant" that you can put on their card that allows you to control them, this shouldn't be too broken for PvP, since you would have to pull BOTH the Minion, and the "Enchant", and it shouldn't be "taking up too much round-time" since they did it on Pirate101 with companions, and that worked fine, so what's the problem with minions on here? Also, make minions that are Myth School only that are better than other school minions, but have the same or lower pip cost for them, since that's Myth's specialty. (Also allow them in PvP and PvE.)

For stuns, I don't know if you've ever heard of a game called Persona, but there's a "spell" on there that allows you to turn their resistances to "average", which pretty much makes them have no resist to that anymore, so maybe make something like this for stun-resist? So Myths can stun bosses, same for players with stun-resist. Also, make a "Shatter" for stun blocks only? Just my suggestions.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Guess no one cares about Myth, only Fire and Ice

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Oh, I also think that there should be minions that are similar to the Unhelpful Spawn for Myth? It would be cool to summon minions to the enemies side, for team-play and PvP.