Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Tours Rework

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
As an endgamer who doesn't PvP, I spend a LOT of time decorating my houses and visiting other houses through Tours. However, I've been having significant frustrations with the housing tours system lately. For months I've seen houses in random tours (or ones recommended by people on social media) that are way better than the top rated houses, which are usually garbage these days (like the top rated house back in December that barely had anything in it and was clearly inferior to the 3rd or 4th place house with tons of work put into it). But many good houses never even get to the top 100 list while lame houses get all the views. There are also people who put 15 items inside/outside to meet the item requirement, then empty their house with no consequences. Was there really no one who considered this loophole in the multiple years since the 15 item requirement was first established?

Additionally, I'm frustrated by the lack of views my own houses get, regardless of how good or bad they are. I get anywhere from 2 to 5 visits in the first 24 hours when people can see my house in "New Today," but then it's like I just fell off the face of the earth. I understand there are probably thousands of houses on tours at any given time, but I feel like something needs to be done to temporarily cycle houses through different priority levels to ensure nobody is forgotten after the first 24 hours. It's basically a free-for-all right now and I can guarantee there are tons of amazing houses that never see the light of day because this system lacks any semblance of structure on a larger scale and over a longer period of time.

I would propose either the idea of temporarily cycling older houses back up to a higher priority to ensure nobody gets forgotten, or giving houses with better ratings more priority. People can troll and give good houses bad ratings, but we're always free to take our houses off and put them right back on to start over and get better ratings- we're not at any disadvantage for doing so.

Finally, I would like to see a rule where you have to visit both inside and outside the house before you can rate. If someone has blocked off the doors to the inside, then that's too bad for them, but for everyone else it would mean that the entire house was taken into consideration and people didn't just glance at it for half a second before moving on to the next house.