Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing suggestion?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
I'd like to recommend a way for users to create their own house. It could be rooms that have already been created for the game (i.e. I like one of the dungeon rooms in Dragonspyre), or different features, and you select from those to make your own house. I asked around to see what the reaction to the idea is, and one user suggested that you could also unlock certain rooms or items as you play. The other reactions I got were positive. I know it would take a lot of time and programming, but I thought I would suggest it. Thank you for a wonderful game!

Elizabeth Ravenheart
Level 44 Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Yes, i agree totally. You could maybe get a new background when you beat a world (from that world), and each boss could have others. You could choose where to put the bank, and create and shape the land the house is on. Maybe then, after it is done, you could submit it to a CPU person, and it will allow KI to look at the house. If they approve, they could put it in the shop! Then other charecters could buy it, and you could even get a fraction of the gold. The houses would have to cost a lot to submit and the players get a lot of gold, or they could not cost anything to submit, but the submiter would only get a small amout of gold. The person who submited it could set the price at a certain range, depending on how large it is. You could rarely get creation items from drops, or you could buy them for a high price. i would make it maybe 10 thousand gold at the least? I also like the rooms idea, i never thought of that. All of the houses would be unique. I just thought of this, maybe it would cost energy to place items and create the house, but you could have like up to 10 self-made houses as you want. You would have to make it cost a lot of gold and energy to create, though, so that people take time to create them. Maybe after you submit it, you could pay an extra amount to put in a tour feture. That would benefit the creater, because people would be able to see it before they buy it. For another medium gold amount, they could put in a rateing system, so it could get even more popular and make even more gold. Now that i think about it, though, i would not make it a large gold amount. maybe like one percent, so they dont get unlimeted gold. Lol, wow, that was the longest post i ever made, XD.

Chris DarkShield
Level 44 Diviner

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
i like the idea of making your own house. you already can craft one, and its absolutely beautiful and awesome, but it takes so much to get it. if you could make your own house for less, at least 8000 gold (if you mean like a crafting kind of thing) it would be so much cooler and better. if i could make a house, i'd want a CL looking house as my first. maybe parts of the outside could look like the jungles in the floating land and parts of the inside too. i'd love an underwater part of the house too. seeing as i'm a warriors fan, i'd love a house that looks like the thunderclan camp. or maybe river or shadowclan. by the way, i know the descriptions here aren't very good. sorry i cant really type down my thoughts that easy, lol. people, post how you would make your house look here too!

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
pokemon5299 wrote:
Yes, i agree totally. You could maybe get a new background when you beat a world (from that world), and each boss could have others. You could choose where to put the bank, and create and shape the land the house is on. Maybe then, after it is done, you could submit it to a CPU person, and it will allow KI to look at the house. If they approve, they could put it in the shop! Then other charecters could buy it, and you could even get a fraction of the gold. The houses would have to cost a lot to submit and the players get a lot of gold, or they could not cost anything to submit, but the submiter would only get a small amout of gold. The person who submited it could set the price at a certain range, depending on how large it is. You could rarely get creation items from drops, or you could buy them for a high price. i would make it maybe 10 thousand gold at the least? I also like the rooms idea, i never thought of that. All of the houses would be unique. I just thought of this, maybe it would cost energy to place items and create the house, but you could have like up to 10 self-made houses as you want. You would have to make it cost a lot of gold and energy to create, though, so that people take time to create them. Maybe after you submit it, you could pay an extra amount to put in a tour feture. That would benefit the creater, because people would be able to see it before they buy it. For another medium gold amount, they could put in a rateing system, so it could get even more popular and make even more gold. Now that i think about it, though, i would not make it a large gold amount. maybe like one percent, so they dont get unlimeted gold. Lol, wow, that was the longest post i ever made, XD.

Chris DarkShield
Level 44 Diviner

i like the idea of placing the bank and stuff where you want it and bosses could have background drops, but i dont really like how you could sell it to others. its YOUR own unique house, one you created. do you really want to give it away, even for gold? besides, if they could change it around, (as in the ground and other features) others could change it around only a little, then claim they made the whole thing.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I actually did not mean sell it to one other person. You would submit it to a shop, and people could buy it. they could not tamper with the design, though they could put furniture. Also, they could not re-submit it, so each one could be unique. To submit a house, it would have to be made entirely from scratch. Sure, you could base your own idea on someone elses, but it would be next to IMPOSSIBLE to actually get it the exact same. Also, if the moderators of that notice that there is a lot of copys of the same house, they could just keep the original, and not allow the copys. Thanks to kaleeraisen for alerting me to those flaws. I hope one of KI sees this and considers it for the game.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Oh, yes, and also, you would not be GIVING it to the shop. You would still keep the original. It would create a copy, i guess you could say, in the shop, for people to buy. In the shop, it would say,

~~~~~(name of house), by:
~~~~~~~~(name of author)

$$$$$$$$$(price)

I want people to receve credit for their house, and not have people claiming to have made the more popular ones. I have some new ideas. Regular enemies would drop custimization tools, though they are common. Some are perminent (a little more common, for a reason: the one use only ones would allow extra stuff), and some are one use only (quite rare). The one use only ones would be like ones that allow you to make the land plot bigger, or add more floors to the inside, or even make an under ground cave. A few items you can place in the house, (though they are similar to housing items, they are part of the house, and you can interact with them) can do different things. You could have a teleport that will teleport to a new area; you could have the hidden walk through walls like in the gift card house; you could have bridges, even, or those platforms that stick out a little from the main land. You could create islands in the sky that you have to look for the teleport to, like in krokotopia. Going back to the adding space and floors, eventually, you could create a massive place, where you could put tall hedges with a misty gate that would transfer you to the next area, kind of like going inside, so it would not be glitchey because there is so much. Well, now i am run out of ideas now, lol. Anyway, if anyone else has any ideas. feel free to post them! They are very much welcome!

Survivor
Oct 09, 2010
Did I post this in the right area? Is there a better place I should make a suggestion?