Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Homes for a Weary Wizard: An Idea to Improve

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
*Note* This is about the player housing purchased through crowns in the in-game shop including the school player housing and the other houses purchasble by crowns that are listed together in the "Shop".

(TLDR is last paragraph)
The player housing is one of the better additions this game has produced with time and as a supporter of player housing in games, I simply have a few suggestions that I am sure will trigger some interest! While I congratulate you K.I. on making fairly popular houses, it would be splendid if we had sub-categories in the main-categories.
For example, the Fire House, the current one is a great model of houses, but I would like to see, instead of a tower on fire, a volcanic residence. I'm not going to go through very school and list a new model (unless you want me too...?) but instead get right to the point; please give us multiple options to choose from when picking a school themed house.

An alternate idea to the one mentioned above is offer upgrades to the houses (at most a thousand crowns because sheesh, these things were expensive).
For example: the Storm House, an upgrade would allow access up into the lighthouse, putting stormsharks to jump around in the surrounding ocean, and placing a building with no roof on top of the one that rises out of the ground as a battle arena and perhaps make it to where every turn, if you are not a storm wizard, you get struck by lightning that removes any storm shields on you (though it would be best if there was an option that could activate or deactivate this effect).
For another example: the Wizard's Watchtower, an upgrade would allow access behind one of the waterfalls down below the lake so you can fully see the dragon (I assume it's a dragon) that lies below. Also, it would install some bedrooms so that way wizards aren't forced to sleep outside or in the observatory... and speaking of which, being able to use the telescope that dwarfs the Hubble it seems and perhaps view worlds on the spiral... perhaps even more specific than that like individul zones...

In summary, please add different options for school specific player housing or add "upgrades" to the given houses so what little people don't like about them they can fix!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I like the houses as is. I'm currently saving up for that awesome Balance house!!! Adobe village, here I come!!!

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
I think every idea you posted is wonderful. For the school houses though (perhaps every house) I think there should be a little island connected to the main house with a battle arena on it. Of course the battle arena would be an upgrade.I also love the idea of being able to put our spell creatures inside our houses.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Zezick wrote:
*Note* This is about the player housing purchased through crowns in the in-game shop including the school player housing and the other houses purchasble by crowns that are listed together in the "Shop".

(TLDR is last paragraph)
The player housing is one of the better additions this game has produced with time and as a supporter of player housing in games, I simply have a few suggestions that I am sure will trigger some interest! While I congratulate you K.I. on making fairly popular houses, it would be splendid if we had sub-categories in the main-categories.
For example, the Fire House, the current one is a great model of houses, but I would like to see, instead of a tower on fire, a volcanic residence. I'm not going to go through very school and list a new model (unless you want me too...?) but instead get right to the point; please give us multiple options to choose from when picking a school themed house.

An alternate idea to the one mentioned above is offer upgrades to the houses (at most a thousand crowns because sheesh, these things were expensive).
For example: the Storm House, an upgrade would allow access up into the lighthouse, putting stormsharks to jump around in the surrounding ocean, and placing a building with no roof on top of the one that rises out of the ground as a battle arena and perhaps make it to where every turn, if you are not a storm wizard, you get struck by lightning that removes any storm shields on you (though it would be best if there was an option that could activate or deactivate this effect).
For another example: the Wizard's Watchtower, an upgrade would allow access behind one of the waterfalls down below the lake so you can fully see the dragon (I assume it's a dragon) that lies below. Also, it would install some bedrooms so that way wizards aren't forced to sleep outside or in the observatory... and speaking of which, being able to use the telescope that dwarfs the Hubble it seems and perhaps view worlds on the spiral... perhaps even more specific than that like individul zones...

In summary, please add different options for school specific player housing or add "upgrades" to the given houses so what little people don't like about them they can fix!

I love the upgradable houses!!! I would totally buy a storm house for a lighthouse and storm sharks . it does get boring after a while with houses we've had for so long but yet keep since we spent a ton on them or are still really cool. I do hope KI considers this.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The thing is that there's a TON of houses in the game, not merely the school ones.

Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone and Dragonspyre each have 2 houses that can be purchased for gold in the housing/furniture shop (total 8 houses). Then there's the 2 craftable houses. The 3 crown houses from Grizzleheim and Celestia. The 8 school houses. And finally the 3 (so far) houses that comes with a Mega/Super/Ultra/What-have-you card purchase.

In short, we're up to 24 houses, the school houses included, and that number will grow when/if Zafarian housing comes out or new super packs do. Or, said differently, we already have FOUR times as many houses as you can have wizards.

We're spoiled for choice as it is. I don't think we should add another school house - and sadly, allowing us to "upgrade" the existing houses would take a lot of time to implement (it might eat your furniture, for one), and would cause an outcry of how it changed nothing but the apperance.