Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Highest Level, High-Level Content

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I'm always ticked when I reach the highest level only to find it has been raised again, in most games. Then having to hunt down higher level gear to match, blah, blah, blah.

Suggestion: Why not keep the highest level at 100 and just create more high-level content with high-level gear, housing, mounts and castles even, as rewards. Aquila is a fair start as an example.

Thanks for listening

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wolfww1217 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
I'm always ticked when I reach the highest level only to find it has been raised again, in most games. Then having to hunt down higher level gear to match, blah, blah, blah.

Suggestion: Why not keep the highest level at 100 and just create more high-level content with high-level gear, housing, mounts and castles even, as rewards. Aquila is a fair start as an example.

Thanks for listening
And we would continue to quest because.... ??
The level cap should continue to be raised otherwise there is really no point to continued time invested in the game.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
RavenLady777 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
The level cap should continue to be raised otherwise there is really no point to continued time invested in the game.
Continue for special gear, etc.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
That sounds really boring. Why would you need High level gear if you weren't to use it? This is one of the most horrible "ideas" I've ever seen, it would ruin the game 100%.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Your arguement works against itself.

You say you don't want the level cap to increase because you don't like hunting down higher level gear, but the reason to continue playing if the cap is frozen is to keep looking for special gear?

What's the difference if the new "high-level" gear you're looking for is level 100 or level 110, once you've reached those caps? If you're questing in a new world with a new story line, what's the advantage to not gaining experience, not advancing levels, and just finding different level 100 gear than you had in the last world?

I get that at some point when you're in the last world currently available you hit the level cap and the last few quests offer no XP or level advancement, so it's not really a compelling argument to say people would have no reason to play without it. But I don't follow the logic of permanently freezing the level cap at 100. Perhaps a different explanation would help.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
wolfww1217 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
Continue for special gear, etc.
No. If the level does not increase, the gear has to get more powerful to keep people playing, which will have the same effect. Level caps increase. This is how the universe works.

Defender
May 23, 2009
RavenLady777 on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
10 bucks for 1 month membership is really cheap. Personally, I would keep playing and subscribing b/c there is no way I would stop playing forever since the time invested would worth nothing in the long run.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'd definitely hunt for new/better gear anyway, but I like the level to keep going up. I don't want to reach an end.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
I like the idea of more gear, but I think they should keep updating the level max. Wouldn't it be kinda boring to get good gear just to battle the same thing over and over again?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I disagree with this. I LOVE the reward aspect given from completing higher levels and discovering new gear. This idea accommodates lazy people and I don't think it should have a place in the game.