Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hiding from individual friends

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
I think they should implement a way to hide from specific people on your friends list. There are times when I don't want certain people to know I'm on, but there are certain people I DO want to know I am on so I can't just use hide from all friends. It may sound kinda rude, but sometimes people ask me to help and I just don't have time to do so because I'm doing my own quests or helping some other friends with theirs and I just think this way no one really gets hurt.

Joseph Fireflame level 100

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Levia254 on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:
I think they should implement a way to hide from specific people on your friends list. There are times when I don't want certain people to know I'm on, but there are certain people I DO want to know I am on so I can't just use hide from all friends. It may sound kinda rude, but sometimes people ask me to help and I just don't have time to do so because I'm doing my own quests or helping some other friends with theirs and I just think this way no one really gets hurt.

Man, you gotta learn how to say,"No". Yes, it may upset your friends who need your help but it's your adventures that is the most important for you to venture through. Just my opinion though.

Richard SkullDust level 110
Richard FireDust level 110
Richard GoldDust level 82

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Levia254 on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:

If your "friends" don't understand that you have your own priorities then maybe you should re-evaluate your friend list. It's not rude to tell someone you're busy. If they take exception to that then they're the ones being presumptuous. A simple "Sorry, I can't help right now but check with me later" should be sufficient. On more than one occasion I've removed "friends" because they're not satisfied with that answer and have continued to hound me for help. Repeated calls for help with a "PLEASE!" attached doesn't change the fact that I'm busy. I'm normally glad to help but being pushy will drop you down on my priority list pretty rapidly.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Like others have said, this sounds more like a social skills thing than something KI needs to fix. They're not real friends if they beg and needle you instead of respecting your time by yourself. Dump 'em if they do that.