Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hide and Seek (Interactive Game)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
This may have been suggested before but something I thought could be fun after seeing the Tag Game. It should be pretty easy to do and would be similar to tag, a tent might be a good object for covering the eyes (the person hunting) for 30-60 seconds to allow the other players to hide then the other person would need to touch them (like tag) to register that they have been found. Another option might be to give the seeker a mini game to play while the others hide. After the timer or game ends it could lock a players position until found or something but allow the hidden person to pan the camera position or maybe something like the invisible housing glitch and let them run around following the person hunting. Just brainstorming though I'm sure you all can come up with something that makes more sense this is just how it falls out of my head, what do you think about Hide and Seek?

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
hmm this wouldnt really work. there's a lot of lag with characters moving. on your screen you'll move, and on the other player's screen, you'll move 5 seconds later. lots of delay. so this probably wouldnt work. when we get bored my friends and i play hide and seek in our oasis camp.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Try wildfire tag, it can be used for this very perpose, in fact, that is what most of the wildfire tag games I have played ended up like this..... (the 'it' person can just go out of the way while other hide, and a 10 second invisible countdown...)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
The game would automaticlly disable port first right? Cause then that would kinda distroy the idea of "seek".

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
When you play the hide and seek game, your name and other names should be automatically disabled. That would prevent cheating in hide and seek.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Both of those are in the wildfire tag game, woot000 and AstroStorm, I doubt KI will add this, saying the wildfire game can easily be used to that purpose....

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
liammay11 wrote:
hmm this wouldnt really work. there's a lot of lag with characters moving. on your screen you'll move, and on the other player's screen, you'll move 5 seconds later. lots of delay. so this probably wouldnt work. when we get bored my friends and i play hide and seek in our oasis camp.

Not anymore complicated than playing tag in our houses ... o.O

slammer111 wrote:
Try wildfire tag, it can be used for this very perpose, in fact, that is what most of the wildfire tag games I have played ended up like this..... (the 'it' person can just go out of the way while other hide, and a 10 second invisible countdown...)

I will have to check it out, I actually don't have a tag game but I figured it could be used this way as well but thought KI could actually setup the count and keep the "seeker" from cheating with its own interface and options.

AstroStorm wrote:
The game would automaticlly disable port first right? Cause then that would kinda distroy the idea of "seek".

Ofcourse :D

woot000 wrote:
When you play the hide and seek game, your name and other names should be automatically disabled. That would prevent cheating in hide and seek.

Yes that would also need to be done :)