Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Here are a few ideas to improve gameplay

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
1. Doodlefish do not belong in Aquariums-like all doodle's they belong either in a notebook or as a sketch on a wall, like a painting. Make a picture frame much like the aquariums-regular or multi-keeper. DO NOT CHARGE CROWNS-coins only.
2. Make the Aquariums (especially multi keeper) cheaper. They are just for storing fish for goodness sake. Only benefit is a furniture item for housing, not gear. Charge coins (say 50,000 for a regular keeper and 250,000 for a multi-keeper tank).
3. Give mounts more stats for combat out side. The mammoth has a small healing bonus-why not make all mounts with properties similar to pets, only usable out doors where mounts would normally be.
4. Stop penalizing life wizards. You took 13% healing away with one item in the reboot. They are the life support for a group-some bosses with Gloom & Doom wipe out most of the bonuses anyway. If you are going to make their attacks suffer, give them stronger healing abilities. We don't like dying and having to come back into combat because our healing is reduced to almost nothing. Most other wizards have access to healing, but Life should have more power because that is their specialty school. If you want to make their damage spells weaker in comparison to other schools, that's fine, but make up with healing abilities.
5. Fix the problems with pets. I've ran through entire dungeons with my pet and it never casts it's special abilities, critical when one of them is healing. Perhaps tie pets abilities to cast to their wizards current energy at the time. Also, fix the Enraged Forest Lord cast at only 60%. If other pets can easily cast spells outside their schools, there is no reason that the Forest Lord pet should fail 4 times out of 10 (and it seems to be even more then that) when casting Enraged Forest Lord.
6. Change the way sockets are dropped/given out. I've had a grand total of 3 sockets, including a grandmaster socket which is apparently useless for anything other than Mirage gear. Maybe charge only 5 crowns to open a socket, instead of 75. Or charge 100,000 coins per socket.
7. Stop the insanity of Minions being able to critical more then I can. In a recent mirage battle with 1 boss and one minion, I lost 2,000 points the first round because the minion critical-ed me, and I didn't block and went last. The next round I was stunned and couldn't do anything. Then the third round, I was critical-ed by the boss. In two turns (because that's all I got), I lost 2/3's of my hit point total. I was basically taken out of combat.
8. Start putting crowns in Silver Chests. Eventually you run out of things to buy with coins.
9. Finally, the new gear and boss drops stink. It's actually weaker than gear previously earned on other worlds like Darkmoor. I just fought two bosses in Mirage-one left nothing (even though it killed members of the group) and the other left a pet snack.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Cookiedad on Dec 20, 2016 wrote:
1. Doodlefish do not belong in Aquariums-like all doodle's they belong either in a notebook or as a sketch on a wall, like a painting. Make a picture frame much like the aquariums-regular or multi-keeper. DO NOT CHARGE CROWNS-coins only.
2. Make the Aquariums (especially multi keeper) cheaper. They are just for storing fish for goodness sake. Only benefit is a furniture item for housing, not gear. Charge coins (say 50,000 for a regular keeper and 250,000 for a multi-keeper tank).
3. Give mounts more stats for combat out side. The mammoth has a small healing bonus-why not make all mounts with properties similar to pets, only usable out doors where mounts would normally be.
4. Stop penalizing life wizards. You took 13% healing away with one item in the reboot. They are the life support for a group-some bosses with Gloom & Doom wipe out most of the bonuses anyway. If you are going to make their attacks suffer, give them stronger healing abilities. We don't like dying and having to come back into combat because our healing is reduced to almost nothing. Most other wizards have access to healing, but Life should have more power because that is their specialty school. If you want to make their damage spells weaker in comparison to other schools, that's fine, but make up with healing abilities.
5. Fix the problems with pets. I've ran through entire dungeons with my pet and it never casts it's special abilities, critical when one of them is healing. Perhaps tie pets abilities to cast to their wizards current energy at the time. Also, fix the Enraged Forest Lord cast at only 60%. If other pets can easily cast spells outside their schools, there is no reason that the Forest Lord pet should fail 4 times out of 10 (and it seems to be even more then that) when casting Enraged Forest Lord.
6. Change the way sockets are dropped/given out. I've had a grand total of 3 sockets, including a grandmaster socket which is apparently useless for anything other than Mirage gear. Maybe charge only 5 crowns to open a socket, instead of 75. Or charge 100,000 coins per socket.
7. Stop the insanity of Minions being able to critical more then I can. In a recent mirage battle with 1 boss and one minion, I lost 2,000 points the first round because the minion critical-ed me, and I didn't block and went last. The next round I was stunned and couldn't do anything. Then the third round, I was critical-ed by the boss. In two turns (because that's all I got), I lost 2/3's of my hit point total. I was basically taken out of combat.
8. Start putting crowns in Silver Chests. Eventually you run out of things to buy with coins.
9. Finally, the new gear and boss drops stink. It's actually weaker than gear previously earned on other worlds like Darkmoor. I just fought two bosses in Mirage-one left nothing (even though it killed members of the group) and the other left a pet snack.
Some great ideas you have there.

Alejandro

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
Alejandro, check out the post I just made regarding Potion crafting. I think you'll like it.