Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hail the Seed - Global Plant All Spell

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
As a gardener, there is a new spell I would love to see brought to the game. We really need a global plant all spell. If you are planting a full patch of 37 medium plants, it takes a very long time. The animation to plant each seed is a bit long and can require a fair amount of repositioning. I’ve never tried planting the 60 something seeds I’ve heard you can fit in small pots in one global spell and I would not have the energy to do it anyway. But I can imagine how very long that would be. Planting a large patch of 12 (large plots) is not too bad, but it too would benefit from a quick planting. Since I garden on 9 - 10 of my wizards it sometimes seems as if I never get time to do other things in the game because I spend so much time with the gardens.

The global plant all spell, I’ll call “Hail the Seed” would allow you to plant all available soils in the global spell circle with one particular seed. By “available” I mean soil of the right type for the seed and a soil that does not already have a seed planted there. To use the spell, you would click on it, then click on one of the seeds in your backpack, then target the spell on the soils, click to plant and have a hail storm of seeds plummet into the soils for planting. The spell would automatically take all available seeds of that type from your backpack to plant in the available soils.

Energy cost wise, it should give us some energy savings just as the global spells do now. I don’t know how difficult it would be to make the spell energy cost vary with the number of seeds being planted so that the spell would be useful and not energy cost prohibitive for planting a patch of large plot seeds. Perhaps we would actually need 3 spells, one to plant each size seed plot. So perhaps energy cost for planting small plots/pots would be 50, medium plots/pots would be 40 and for large plots would be 6. (Ok, maybe don’t need this spell for large plots). It could be trained from the Zafaria gardening mole.

Hmm, have to think about a global harvest all too. But then Harold Argleston would not be able to tell me I have too many treasure cards and can’t receive more. LOL, might save me some weekly deck cleanup.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Love it!

Please, please, please develop more of this sort of spell for gardening?

PS: Aritako, I am completely in awe that you can sow and tend 37 plants at a time. Advice for how this works?

Qbb

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Love it!

PS: Aritako, I am completely in awe that you can sow and tend 37 plants at a time. Advice for how this works?

Qbb
you get plants together that like each other in different groups such as:
you could have stinkweed and something else that likes stinkweed (i dont know if there is any) in one group,
dandilions and tiger lilies ect. in onother group
and trumpet vines, and king parsely in another group,
and so on and so on plus you get more rewards and quicker if the plants like each other(just leave space between each group so they dont get mad ^^ :3

it works for me but sometimes i get pests that are too high rank for my current gardening status TT>TT poor dead plants

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Love it!

Qbb

Thanks Qbb! It's really not that hard especially for my high level wizards. The lower level ones can't manage a full 37 patch yet, but I've learned to go ahead and prepare the full size patch and let them grow into it. That keeps me from having to redo it later. If you check out Punky Max's post "The Perfect Garden - Evil Magma Peas" on Central you can get a very detailed layout plan, including placement of the individual plots. Pictures are included. Here is the link http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194262

Or if you prefer, I'd be happy to meet you in game and show you on my own gardens as an example. I've often enjoyed your posts, and it would be a pleasure to meet you in game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Love the idea, I really do.

Might be a bit difficult for the programmers to code this, but I think they are good enough.

KI, if you are listening, this is a great idea!