Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guest Gardening

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
There should be an option where, if the wizard enables it, guests, friends, or even certain selected people, are allowed to take care of the wizard's plants. This would save both time and energy, especially if all your plants die when you don't have time to drop by and take care of them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The problem with this is that your plants don't get needs, wither or die unless YOU visit them and leave them with needs. If you allow wizards to take care of other people's plants, that means needs would appear when THEY visit your house as well. This would cause more gardening problems than it would solve. The current system makes it nearly impossible for plants to die unless you allow it. Plants left with no needs will never develop needs until you visit again, whether that's the next day or next month is up to you. Plants will never wither unless you left them with needs the last time you were at your house. Plants will not die unless you left them withering the last time you visited. So you have to visit your house at least 2 times without taking care of the plants before they start to die.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I'll be more specific. I've dropped by but I haven't had time to take care of them.

There's a simple solution to that problem. Friends won't generate needs, only you do. So if you generate needs, they can take care of your plants. If not, then the plants have no needs.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
I'll be more specific. I've dropped by but I haven't had time to take care of them.

There's a simple solution to that problem. Friends won't generate needs, only you do. So if you generate needs, they can take care of your plants. If not, then the plants have no needs.
Not a simple solution at all. You're talking about allowing players to access the gardening menu in other people's houses. You would need to limit it to only certain spells. It's reprogramming the whole gardening setup just to allow people to do your work for you with no reward? Taking care of all your plants takes less than a minute. Allowing friends to see needs and cast spells to fix needs adds nothing to the game except a series of complications in programming the setup without completely messing up gardening in the process. Next you'll want your friends training your pets for you too. Why don't you have them quest for you while you're at it.