Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics Update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2014
I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this, but a graphical upgrade is REALLY NEEDED. It's been almost 10 YEARS with the same old graphics. I understand it's hard to make this happen considering it's an MMORPG. BUT! At least start working on it or let us know it's coming. This is a really good way to keep players playing and entertained. It's a really good step forward for the game to be recognized by today's society and it will most definitely bring more people into the game.

Max of 6 Wizards ~

Survivor
Jun 06, 2017
I'm not against this idea, but I don't think it's necessary.

Compare Glowbug Squall with Tempest or Storm Lord, Glowbug Squall is obviously superior in terms of design. Storm Lord also had changes with the 'clouds'. It isn't as if everything is standing still, but very subtle changes to certain things.

Also, if a major graphical update did happen, many people would find it harder to play. Wizard101 isn't a very intensive game. People can play this game on pretty low quality laptops or PCs because of this. If people are forced into a position where they have to get something outside of their price range it could lead to less people playing.

I know personally 4 different people who play Wizard101 solely on garden variety laptops with lag still being an issue. If there were a 'low quality' option, it might be suitable, but I still think this would be more effort than it's worth.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Would you rather have 1 update next year of just graphics updates, or 2-3 of different worlds/pvp/spells etc... updates.

While this is really wanted by lots of people (myself included) KI is better off working on new worlds till the player count goes back up and they can relax a little.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2016
Im with Ryan. Id rather have updates for things that matter, like gameplay, lore, bug fixes, additions, ETC. rather then a graphics update what would only hinder the game's accessability. I play on a rather poor laptop, yet i can run the game on the highest graphic settings. And I love it. A game i can play for hours with lag hitting only because my internet falls flat and not because of my laptop. Id say, maybe an update to a few things to smoothen out textures would be fine, but i dont mind it. Not like we looking at the walls saying, "Oh that wall looks like trash." No were looking at the gameplay and animations and, atleast personally, say "Oh man so thats what that spell looks like? Awesome!"