Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphics, graphics, graphics

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2016
Hey there!
So, apart from the overall lack of resolution [quality] in game textures, there are two things I suggest for the game to do with graphics; I believe these are both reasonable requests...?

A) Certain particles in the game simply die instantly when they hit the end of their lifetime. This is rather jarring, as normally you'd expect a particle to slowly fade out as it reaches the end of its life span. (For example, take the orb-like particles that fly around a player when they have near max pips, when they reach a certain height they simply disappear, no fade.) I'd suggest this is changed, at least where applicable.

B) Just another feature request, but a motion blur shader would be absolutely incredible, and I don't see it being all that hard to write (?). This might require an option to toggle it in the settings, though, especially if performance is at all affected by it.

Alright, well that's just my two cents. Up to you, of course; you know your game better than I do. :)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2016
I wish they would remaster the game so much or at least try and upgrade the textures gradually

Survivor
Sep 20, 2016
Haha, that's probably not going to happen unfortunately. That would require the re-painting of gazillions of textures, and would be quite a big project indeed.

I forgot to mention something in the OP:
-A togglable SSAO ([Screen Space] Ambient Occlusion) feature (pleeeaaase!)

Some good old AO would really make the graphics pop, if possible. I'm not sure how much work this could involve, though; depending on the 3D code you're using it can sometimes require a rewrite of the entire rendering system. Either way I think it would be pretty awesome to see in an already awesome game. :)

Survivor
Nov 22, 2013
They laid off 80 employees. I'm not expecting any graphics update, but it would be very nice.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
This would be awesome for some of the early worlds, but like others have said it's pretty unlikely. There are people out there who, mysteriously, are still using ancient computers that can barely handle things like W101 so it could be a potential strain on them to have to deal with higher-definition graphics. I would think they're a shrinking minority but I guess KI doesn't want to exclude very many people at all from playing.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
simple... toggleable graphics... olde school... HD amplify... simple... you stick with olde school is your pc is slow and cant take the higher graphics.. and HD amplify... for the higher tech gamer pc