Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

good weather, bad weather

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
what do you guy's think of having spiecel "storms" that happen in the places. you know like rain or snow or thunderstorms or meteor shower's you know that kind stuff

talk to me about it please!
thanks
vampslayer 135 :D :D :D

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
Ummm... well does that have to do with anything? Like does it affect battles or anything like that...

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
What you guys don't realize is that adding weather effects drastically increases the graphical demands made on your GPU. Not everyone is running a high-end gaming rig.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
nafinny wrote:
what do you guy's think of having spiecel "storms" that happen in the places. you know like rain or snow or thunderstorms or meteor shower's you know that kind stuff

talk to me about it please!
thanks
vampslayer 135 :D :D :D
i dont know but dont they have that sorta?

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I agree 100%! I absolutely LOVE weather effects and day/night cycles. It adds SO much to a game. For this game though, if I had to pick just one of those options, I think I would go with a day/night cycle. For me, Marleybone is depressing because it's always dark, and it would be nice to play through it in the daylight. Plus, I think Wizard City Commons would be awesome at night - have accent lighting all around and create an "evening party" atmosphere. Put up some party lights around the pool, add carnival lighting to the Festival area, etc.

Great idea! I don't know if they can incorporate it due to playability issues, but it sure would be nice.

Cat

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
CatSydsMom wrote:
I agree 100%! I absolutely LOVE weather effects and day/night cycles. It adds SO much to a game. For this game though, if I had to pick just one of those options, I think I would go with a day/night cycle. For me, Marleybone is depressing because it's always dark, and it would be nice to play through it in the daylight. Plus, I think Wizard City Commons would be awesome at night - have accent lighting all around and create an "evening party" atmosphere. Put up some party lights around the pool, add carnival lighting to the Festival area, etc.

Great idea! I don't know if they can incorporate it due to playability issues, but it sure would be nice.

Cat

YES Day and Night cycles would sure help with the emersiveness of the game even more! :)

Add in new animations for our wizard toons to slip and fall on icy
serfaces (spelling) or if its raining/storming,
Running down a street and... Ooops! 'help, I just slipped into a battle!'
lol

Grizzleheim has flaming catapult rocks that come down around you!
It like Ack! run for cover!!! They really look like thay could kill you
if you got hit by one, but nothing happens if you do, sadly. :(

Historian
May 15, 2009
i think they can do this im pretty sure any hard core gamer knows runescape before this they had incorporated day and night but stopped because their system couldn't handle it
but King's Isles can handle it they had a much better system then Jagex

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
Thechaosmagician wrote:
i think they can do this im pretty sure any hard core gamer knows runescape before this they had incorporated day and night but stopped because their system couldn't handle it

One look at this game and you can tell KingIsle has a better system. But I have a few ideas as well,

Rainy Day= +5% Storm Damage

Blizzard= +5% Ice Damage

Heat Wave= +5% Storm Damage

Night= +5% Death Damage

Day= +5% Life Damage

Raining Frogs(Maybe) = +5% Myth Damage

I can't think of one for balance, anyone have some ideas?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
That'd be cool, but the other guy is right. It would use to much memory and graphic stuff. computers would freeze. And if you go to the storm house, it kind of has that. hope this helps.

Wolf Shadowhunter, level 30 (getting there), ice and death, from somewhere in Krokotopia :D

Historian
May 15, 2009
thunder7343 wrote:
That'd be cool, but the other guy is right. It would use to much memory and graphic stuff. computers would freeze. And if you go to the storm house, it kind of has that. hope this helps.

Wolf Shadowhunter, level 30 (getting there), ice and death, from somewhere in Krokotopia :D

not true while yess it would be hard to do KI has very advanced game graphic systems and this is a plausible addition to the game

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I agree with this idea, a day/night cycle would be excellent, along with weather effects. For those not running systems able to handle intense effects, perhaps a system could be implemented to turn down the weather intensity, just like WoW has currently? Maybe even turn it off, if it were just a graphical effect with no effect on gameplay.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Elessar wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:

One look at this game and you can tell KingIsle has a better system. But I have a few ideas as well,

Rainy Day= +5% Storm Damage

Blizzard= +5% Ice Damage

Heat Wave= +5% Storm Damage

Night= +5% Death Damage

Day= +5% Life Damage

Raining Frogs(Maybe) = +5% Myth Damage

I can't think of one for balance, anyone have some ideas?

Shouldn't a heat wave add fire damage?