Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Old-Fashioned Design a School

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
I haven't seen one of these posts in a while, and I thought I'd start one myself. Some suggestions on how to write it include: the school's name, location, teacher, gemstone, colours, etc. The school's origin story and relations to other schools (Myth is made of Ice and Fire, for instance). What types of spells would they deal with, what level would it come into play, but don't worry about making it a primary school because it wouldn't work. This is essentially just a place to share your ideas. Here's mine.

Alchemy/Alchemists:

Location(s): Golem Court.

Teacher(s): Gamma in Gamma's Tower, Gretta Darkkettle in Golem Court, Xipli Tailbiter in Azteca, Komeka Roundhorns in the Arcanum.

Symbols: The school's symbol is a gold vial with purple smoke rising from it, the school colours are gold and purple, the school gemstone is agate.

Story: After Grandmother Raven and Grandfather Spider fought and Spider fell into the ground, he willed 3 beings into existence. The Bat, a being of shadow and shapeshifting; The Rat, a being of cantrips and control; and The Scorpion, a being of alchemy and attacks. When the magics of these three seeped from their prison, Bat's and Rat's were banished for being corrupted and evil, but Scorpion's grew accepted even by Bartleby himself and the school beneath him. While the other two aim to control the universe and use pain as an equaliser, Alchemy thinks things should be converted rather than controlled.

In-Game: Gamma offers Alchemy spells at levels 1, 5, & 10, with a spell quest at level 7 and 12. Gretta Darkkettle used to teach Alchemy at Ravenwood, and at level 12, Gamma gives Alchemists a quest to get her to work again. Following that, you learn Alchemy spells from her in Golem Court while a new classroom is under construction, but it's not finished before you leave to the Arcanum, where the potion vendor Komeka Roundhorns takes over your studies. Xipli Tailbiter in Azteca has some spells to offer you outside of your main teachers. It's a primary school and an option to start as.

Types of Spells: Much like their ideologies, Alchemists use their magic to change certain things into different things. For instance Link spells can leave a negative charm on you and an enemy, and whoever breaks their negative charm inverts the other person's to be positive. They also have some Enchantments, much like Sun, that can make attacks heals, charms wards, or positive charms/wards negative charms/wards. But like all schools, most of their spells are Attacks.

I'll probably make another post about what spells they could have, but what do you think? What schools do you want to see? Water? Chaos? Feel free to leave your ideas.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Sep 5, 2016 wrote:
I haven't seen one of these posts in a while, and I thought I'd start one myself. Some suggestions on how to write it include: the school's name, location, teacher, gemstone, colours, etc. The school's origin story and relations to other schools (Myth is made of Ice and Fire, for instance). What types of spells would they deal with, what level would it come into play, but don't worry about making it a primary school because it wouldn't work. This is essentially just a place to share your ideas. Here's mine.

Alchemy/Alchemists:

Teacher(s): Gamma in Gamma's Tower, Gretta Darkkettle in Golem Court, Xipli Tailbiter in Azteca, Komeka Roundhorns in the Arcanum.

Symbols: The school's symbol is a gold vial with purple smoke rising from it, the school colours are gold and purple, the school gemstone is agate.

Story: After Grandmother Raven and Grandfather Spider fought and Spider fell into the ground, he willed 3 beings into existence. The Bat, a being of shadow and shapeshifting; The Rat, a being of cantrips and control; and The Scorpion, a being of alchemy and attacks. When the magics of these three seeped from their prison, Bat's and Rat's were banished for being corrupted and evil, but Scorpion's grew accepted even by Bartleby himself and the school beneath him. While the other two aim to control the universe and use pain as an equaliser, Alchemy thinks things should be converted rather than controlled.

In-Game: Gamma offers Alchemy spells at levels 1, 5, & 10, with a spell quest at level 7 and 12. Gretta Darkkettle used to teach Alchemy at Ravenwood, and at level 12, Gamma gives Alchemists a quest to get her to work again. Following that, you learn Alchemy spells from her in Golem Court while a new classroom is under construction, but it's not finished before you leave to the Arcanum, where the potion vendor Komeka Roundhorns takes over your studies. Xipli Tailbiter in Azteca has some spells to offer you outside of your main teachers. It's a primary school and an option to start as.

Types of Spells: Much like their ideologies, Alchemists use their magic to change certain things into different things. For instance Link spells can leave a negative charm on you and an enemy, and whoever breaks their negative charm inverts the other person's to be positive. They also have some Enchantments, much like Sun, that can make attacks heals, charms wards, or positive charms/wards negative charms/wards. But like all schools, most of their spells are Attacks.

I'll probably make another post about what spells they could have, but what do you think? What schools do you want to see? Water? Chaos? Feel free to leave your ideas.
(All attacks have 75% accuracy unless specified, and will be used to mean Alchemy)

From Gamma:

Level 1: Lead Clockwork - 1 pip, Deal 70-130 damage to target.

Level 5: Elixir Dualis - 2 pips, Deal 25, then 150 damage to target.
Level 7: Brinded Cat - 3 pips, Deal 333 damage over 3 rounds to target.
Level 10: Scorpius Shield - 0 pips, 100% acc, -70% to next & spells.
Level 12: Shifting Shields - 2 pips, Deal 100 damage and -/+25% Link charm to target.

From Gretta:

Level 16: Hedge-Pig - 4 pips, Deal 285-315 to all enemies.
Level 18: Aes Clockwork - 3 pips, 100% acc, Summon a Copper Clockwork (, 250 health, attacks/buffs) or a Bronze Clockwork (, 350 health, heals/defence).
Level 22: Arma - 0 pips, Mutation, Half , remove side effects, convert into damage.
Level 28: Elixir Sanitatum - 4 pips, 100% acc, Give 100 to all allies + 400 to target ally.
Level 33: Harpier Cry - 5 pips, Deal 505 and invert 1 positive ward to target.
Level 38: Poison'd Entrails - 6 pips, Deal 595 and move 3 of your negative charms to target.
Level 42: Acid Rain - 2 pips, 100% acc, +30% damage (global).
Level 48: Fenny Snake - 7 pips, Deal 33+666 damage and invert 1 positive charm & 1 positive ward to target.
Level 58: Wool of Bat - 8 pips, Deal 555 damage and steal 1 pip to all enemies.
Level 68: Elixir Tetradeum - 9 pips, Deal 300, then 300, then 300, then 300 damage to target and +30% charm to self.
Level 88: Blind-Worm's Sting - 10 pips, Deal 777 to first target, and 555 to second target, and +/-25% Link charm between the two.

From Komeka Roundhorns:

Level 100: Fenny Snake.
Level 100: Alchemy Prism - 0 pips, 95% acc, Convert damage into damage.
Level 108: Howlet's Wing - 6+1 pips, 70% acc, Deal 888 damage, -25% charm & +25% ward to target; +25% charm & -25% ward to self.

I'll add more spells from quests/other trainers when I have more room.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011

Alchemy/Alchemists:

About alchemy, I think it should be more focused on the sun school morphs, for instance changing minotaur to death version. They get their own set of spells but kinda like balance they can change them to suit their needs. So they could turn alchemy damage to like myth damage or something

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Sep 6, 2016 wrote:
(All attacks have 75% accuracy unless specified, and will be used to mean Alchemy)

From Gamma:

Level 1: Lead Clockwork - 1 pip, Deal 70-130 damage to target.

Level 5: Elixir Dualis - 2 pips, Deal 25, then 150 damage to target.
Level 7: Brinded Cat - 3 pips, Deal 333 damage over 3 rounds to target.
Level 10: Scorpius Shield - 0 pips, 100% acc, -70% to next & spells.
Level 12: Shifting Shields - 2 pips, Deal 100 damage and -/+25% Link charm to target.

From Gretta:

Level 16: Hedge-Pig - 4 pips, Deal 285-315 to all enemies.
Level 18: Aes Clockwork - 3 pips, 100% acc, Summon a Copper Clockwork (, 250 health, attacks/buffs) or a Bronze Clockwork (, 350 health, heals/defence).
Level 22: Arma - 0 pips, Mutation, Half , remove side effects, convert into damage.
Level 28: Elixir Sanitatum - 4 pips, 100% acc, Give 100 to all allies + 400 to target ally.
Level 33: Harpier Cry - 5 pips, Deal 505 and invert 1 positive ward to target.
Level 38: Poison'd Entrails - 6 pips, Deal 595 and move 3 of your negative charms to target.
Level 42: Acid Rain - 2 pips, 100% acc, +30% damage (global).
Level 48: Fenny Snake - 7 pips, Deal 33+666 damage and invert 1 positive charm & 1 positive ward to target.
Level 58: Wool of Bat - 8 pips, Deal 555 damage and steal 1 pip to all enemies.
Level 68: Elixir Tetradeum - 9 pips, Deal 300, then 300, then 300, then 300 damage to target and +30% charm to self.
Level 88: Blind-Worm's Sting - 10 pips, Deal 777 to first target, and 555 to second target, and +/-25% Link charm between the two.

From Komeka Roundhorns:

Level 100: Fenny Snake.
Level 100: Alchemy Prism - 0 pips, 95% acc, Convert damage into damage.
Level 108: Howlet's Wing - 6+1 pips, 70% acc, Deal 888 damage, -25% charm & +25% ward to target; +25% charm & -25% ward to self.

I'll add more spells from quests/other trainers when I have more room.
From Other Trainers:

Level 10:
Sabrina Greenstar: Alchemy Shield - 0 pips, 100% acc, -80% to next spell.
Level 22:
Mildred Farseer: Neutralise - 2 pips, 100% acc, Dispel next spell.
Level 25:
Croaky: Repurpose Power - 1 pip, 100% acc, Sacrifice minion for 400 .
Level 80:
Enya Firemoon: Alchemospear - 0 pips, 100% acc, +10% pierce to next spell.
Level 97:
Amelia Stardust: Sulfaura - 4 pips, 100% acc, +25% pierce & +12% critical (global).

From Out-of-School Quests:

Enrollment: Alchemy Trap - 0 pips, 100% acc, +25% damage.
The Sixth School: Swift Wards - 1 pip, 100% acc, Apply a +/-30% Link ward to target.
Back to Balance: Alchemy Blade - 0 pips, 100% acc, +40% damage.
Temple Dweller: Sulphuric Acid - 1 pip, 100% acc, Reflect 40% of next incoming spell.
Bad News: Magnesium Glint - 0 pips, 100% acc, Stun target for 2 rounds.
Thief of Spells: Elixir Aecus - 0 pips, 75% acc, Remove all pips from self and target.
The Runedown: Eye of Newt - 5 pips, 75% acc, Deal 200 damage & +20% ward to target, and 200 & -30% ward to self.
No Pain, No Agravaine: Soul Swords - 4 pips, 75% acc, Deal 300 damage & -/+35% Link charm to target.
Always After Me Charms: Cursed Blades - 2 pips, 100% acc, Apply 350 damage/ charm to target.
The Eighth Professor: Argenta - 5 pips, 100% acc, Summon Argenta (, Silver Clockwork) minion.
Letters of Light: King Artorius (Alchemy) - 8 pips, 75% acc, Deal 777 damage and steal 2 charms to target, +10% pierce to self.
Walpurgisnacht: Elixir Trecenta - 5+1 pips, 75% acc, Deal 333, then 333, damage to all enemies, and heal 333 & +30% charm to all allies.

From Xipli Tailbiter:

Level 79: Exsurdo - 0 pips, Mutation, Invert positive charm/ward (half ward).
Level 83: Acuo - 0 pips, Mutation, Invert negative charm/ward.
Level 89: Transverto - 0 pips, Mutation, Change charm into ward or ward into charm (half positive ward).
Level 97: Benedictio - 0 pips, Mutation, Remove side effects, convert damage into .

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012

Alchemy/Alchemists:

Shamanism/Shamans:

Location(s): Golem Court, Floating Land, The Arcanum.

Teacher(s): Isangoma Baxby in Golem Court, Boyla Kahuna in the Floating Land, Mandisa Autumnrain in the Arcanum.

Symbols: The school's symbol is a maroon twig with one leaf, the school colours are maroon & cyan, the school gemstone is diamond.

Story: When the Coucil of Light visited Zafaria long ago, there were four leaders who helped them take down Morganthe. A lion king and gorilla chief who fought without magic. A longdreamer elephant and a zebra witchdoctor who did. The longdreamers use a corrupt, black magic branch of shamanism, whereas witchdoctors use the healing, white magic side. It's unknown to this day where the magic began, all that is known is that it began in Zafaria long ago, and that true Shamanism is about balance between good and evil; and using trrickery to get there.

In-Game: After the quest Enrollment, you're asked to see Sir Reginald Baxby in Golem Court. He introduces you to his brother Isangoma Baxby, a Zebu Shaman come to Ravenwood to spread the isolated art. Boyla Kahuna, a Water Mole Shaman from the Floating Land, offers you some spells starting at level 50. When graduating Ravenwood and moving to the Arcanum, you meet Mandisa Autumnrain again, who had been so fascinated by magic since the Star Obelisk, that she took to Shamanism. Her aptitude was soon realised and she was hired not long before you first saw the Arcanum.

Types of Spells: Shamans are very supportive, with quite a lot of heals, buffs, debuffs & manipulations. But of course this arsenal can help the solo Shamans just as much. The accuracy and health are medium-high but their damage isn't too good.