Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glasses

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Have you ever wished your wizard could wear a pair of glasses like, elegant style glasses, nerdy coke-bottle glasses, super cool sunglasses, mad scientist goggles, or any other that you can think of? Glasses will be an optional piece of clothing, meaning it will give NO stats like, health, mana, power pip chance etc. I would like my wizards to wear glasses, I think they make someone look really cool. 8)

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Hmm. Glasses seem more like a human thing. As we are Wizards living in a magical Spiral, I don't think this would work. It isn't Free Realms. Sorry.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
But don't you see NPC character's with glasses? Lydia Greyrose has glasses, Ambrose has a monocle, Sylvia Drake had glasses. And they are all wizards. Just because someone wears glasses it doesn't mean they are no longer a wizard.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
But don't you see NPC character's with glasses? Lydia Greyrose has glasses, Ambrose has a monocle, Sylvia Drake had glasses. And they are all wizards. Just because someone wears glasses it doesn't mean they are no longer a wizard.
They may have glasses and monocles, but not sunglasses and more human types. This could also lead to cyberbullying, i.e: Haha, puny runt, you need glasses, I go kill you, me Zantar, etc. So maybe elegant glasses, maybe goggles, but sunglasses and "nerdy pop-can glasses" are definitely out. And even then, I don't think many players would like a simple cosmetic add-on. Too much like face paint on Free Realms, and like I have said, this is not Free Realms.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
bionaknight wrote:
achilles398 wrote:
They may have glasses and monocles, but not sunglasses and more human types. This could also lead to cyberbullying, i.e: Haha, puny runt, you need glasses, I go kill you, me Zantar, etc. So maybe elegant glasses, maybe goggles, but sunglasses and "nerdy pop-can glasses" are definitely out. And even then, I don't think many players would like a simple cosmetic add-on. Too much like face paint on Free Realms, and like I have said, this is not Free Realms.

I sort of meant the Coke-bottle glasses as a joke, I was also thinking of that pair of glasses with the big nose and the mustache. And the sunglasses, well allot of people like sunglasses so I thought I'd just throw it in. I just like the look of glasses, thats all.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
achilles398 wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
achilles398 wrote:

I sort of meant the Coke-bottle glasses as a joke, I was also thinking of that pair of glasses with the big nose and the mustache. And the sunglasses, well allot of people like sunglasses so I thought I'd just throw it in. I just like the look of glasses, thats all.
Well, how about this. A type of hat that comes with wire rimmed glasses, like Harry Potter style. The nose and moustache theme is a little strange, and it isn't as wizardly as the type Lydia wears. So wire rimmed maybe, but not the disguise type.