Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Giving back to loyal players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Me and my friend Travis were talking. It appears to me a lot of people brought membership for the new update that came out recently and those players that did were not all that satisfied because of no new quest line, they feel that there wasn't enough worth buying a membership for. It's making Players very angry so we thought of an idea that if you bought x amount of memberships you could get specific rewards, or if you played the game for a long time. This way Players won't feel as if they brought they're membership for nothing. I know you can also buy crowns but not EVERYONE has the money to do that, I just think Kingsisle should be a little more giving to those players that stayed loyal for a very long time. I know it may not seem like the BEST idea but definitely give some thought into it.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Hello!

I don't think that rewarding players for having an old account is a very good strategy and I am against the idea for the most part. As far as the new quest line that usually happens when they release a new world which typically doesn't happen till a little bit later in the year. Not every update yields new quest content, sometimes it's new features or fixes. And you didn't buy membership for nothing: you get access to all worlds instead of having to buy things by area and you get access to Ranked PVP and Derby among other things. Essentially, I don't think that there are truly as many angry players as you say, it generally tends to be that the angry people just talk louder than the content ones. Also the angry players may choose to no longer play either. Just be patient and I'm sure Wizard101 will release a new world by the end of the year. Good luck!

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
RetrixEthan on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
Me and my friend Travis were talking. It appears to me a lot of people brought membership for the new update that came out recently and those players that did were not all that satisfied because of no new quest line, they feel that there wasn't enough worth buying a membership for. It's making Players very angry so we thought of an idea that if you bought x amount of memberships you could get specific rewards, or if you played the game for a long time. This way Players won't feel as if they brought they're membership for nothing. I know you can also buy crowns but not EVERYONE has the money to do that, I just think Kingsisle should be a little more giving to those players that stayed loyal for a very long time. I know it may not seem like the BEST idea but definitely give some thought into it.
KI in a way does give back to old players. If you notice, every once in a while they'll have a free item give away. If I recall correctly, one of those was scaled to how old your account was. I admit its not much but there's no need to discriminate against newer players or on the other side of thinking give the older ones an unfair advantage. As for the update, they'll release a new world when they release one. They have to create a whole world, story, areas, bosses, cheats, new gear, maybe new magic, ect. Its not an easy thing to pump out, and sometimes a tuneup is in order. As for crowns, at a certain point, I think 2 years or so, its actually cheaper just to buy all the areas with crowns than memberships, I actually calculated a lot of this on Reddit, but I don't think I'm allowed to link it. My point is, crowns and memberships are actually not as black and white money wise as you think they are, and there's no need to give older players advantages, maybe just make the giveaways more scaled, and that's pushing it.