Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Give Sylster Glowstorm a Second Chance Chest (2)

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Listen, I may have asked you to give Sylster Glowstorm in Wizard City's Waterworks his Second Chance Chest before, but, I'm ready to try again this time.

Here's the survey filled out as follows...

1) Is the boss in question at the end of a really long instance? It took a very long time to get to Sylster Glowstorm after facing that instance's challenges & creatures, so, yes, he is at the end of that really long instance! Check!

2) Does the boss in question have unique loot? Well, I have read that he does drop a robe called the Skyscream Cape, & it's relative that he only drops that robe, so it truly counts as his own unique loot drop, so, yes, he does drop unique loot! Check!

That's the survey! Hope you can grant Sylster Glowstorm his Second Chance Chest sometime soon, if you please.

Thanks again for listening!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Number 2 is the reason he won't get a chest. He drops gear that is unique and cannot be bought with crowns or found in card packs. Adding chests would essentially be the same as selling them. Second Chance chests give items dropped by bosses that ARE already found in card packs or the crown shop.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
Number 2 is the reason he won't get a chest. He drops gear that is unique and cannot be bought with crowns or found in card packs. Adding chests would essentially be the same as selling them. Second Chance chests give items dropped by bosses that ARE already found in card packs or the crown shop.
You do know that he does have some robes that are truly his unique loot drops, like the one I mentioned, & the Hangman's Cape, & Cape of Judgment. Those are his own loot drops that no one else drops. I looked them up. Sure, he does drop most loot that many share, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have something unique in his table worth farming for, & that's why he should have his Second Chance Chest.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
You do know that he does have some robes that are truly his unique loot drops, like the one I mentioned, & the Hangman's Cape, & Cape of Judgment. Those are his own loot drops that no one else drops. I looked them up. Sure, he does drop most loot that many share, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have something unique in his table worth farming for, & that's why he should have his Second Chance Chest.
As I already explained, that's why he does NOT and will never have a second chance chest. He has unique drops that aren't available for purchase. No boss that has unique drops gets a second chance chest. That isn't going to change. Waterworks gear cannot be bought and must be farmed. They aren't going to change that by adding a chest.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
As I already explained, that's why he does NOT and will never have a second chance chest. He has unique drops that aren't available for purchase. No boss that has unique drops gets a second chance chest. That isn't going to change. Waterworks gear cannot be bought and must be farmed. They aren't going to change that by adding a chest.
"No boss that has unique drops gets a second chance chest. That isn't going to change" -Seethe42

That is not true. A prime example is Morganthe. (end-game) She has (as of right now) some of the best athames, rings, and necklaces in the game, that are unique to her, and currently drop, or can be bought nowhere else in the spiral. And yet, she HAS a second chance chest, AND you can receive those "unique" items from them. I have received them from the chests on multiple occasions, and so has many others. Please don't take my word for it though, research it for yourself.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Intrepidatius on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
"No boss that has unique drops gets a second chance chest. That isn't going to change" -Seethe42

That is not true. A prime example is Morganthe. (end-game) She has (as of right now) some of the best athames, rings, and necklaces in the game, that are unique to her, and currently drop, or can be bought nowhere else in the spiral. And yet, she HAS a second chance chest, AND you can receive those "unique" items from them. I have received them from the chests on multiple occasions, and so has many others. Please don't take my word for it though, research it for yourself.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. I stopped running Morganthe, I didn't realize they added one for her. That is a surprise. They have made it a point historically that you can't buy unique dropped gear. I'm sorry to hear they have changed that policy.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:

Thanks for those encouraging words & that example you gave out, for you are so right. Sylster drops many gear that others share in their drops, but he does have some unique gear at the Waterworks that he only drops, & no one else. I still think he deserves a Second Chance Chest, no matter what.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for those encouraging words & that example you gave out, for you are so right. Sylster drops many gear that others share in their drops, but he does have some unique gear at the Waterworks that he only drops, & no one else. I still think he deserves a Second Chance Chest, no matter what.
Why are you so insistent on being able to just buy all the best gear drops? This just makes the game purely pay to win.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Why are you so insistent on being able to just buy all the best gear drops? This just makes the game purely pay to win.
Hold on a moment. I'm only suggesting a choice for Wizards to spend some Crowns to get the unique boss gear they wish, not make the game pay to win. Remember, the SCCs are optional, not major. Just thought I would add more choices, so some Wizards may decide to grind for the good gear from bosses or not. Sure, some prefer to earn the boss gear by fighting them numerous times, but having SCCs only provide Wizards more choices on getting the unique boss gear the wish, but the odds of obtaining unique boss gear are still random to all. Again, I was only asking for a choice, not to make the game pay to win.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Trimond297 on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Hold on a moment. I'm only suggesting a choice for Wizards to spend some Crowns to get the unique boss gear they wish, not make the game pay to win. Remember, the SCCs are optional, not major. Just thought I would add more choices, so some Wizards may decide to grind for the good gear from bosses or not. Sure, some prefer to earn the boss gear by fighting them numerous times, but having SCCs only provide Wizards more choices on getting the unique boss gear the wish, but the odds of obtaining unique boss gear are still random to all. Again, I was only asking for a choice, not to make the game pay to win.
It makes it pay to win because it offers the option to buy your way through. Unique gear like Waterworks is only available by luck of the drop. Giving the option to buy it through SCC makes it into whoever has the most crowns can always have the best gear. That is pay to win. The way the game is currently, everyone has the same chances at the best gear available, regardless of how many crowns they have.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
It makes it pay to win because it offers the option to buy your way through. Unique gear like Waterworks is only available by luck of the drop. Giving the option to buy it through SCC makes it into whoever has the most crowns can always have the best gear. That is pay to win. The way the game is currently, everyone has the same chances at the best gear available, regardless of how many crowns they have.
AGREED

Survivor
Sep 07, 2014
I totally agree on this! I've been farming Sylvester Glowstorm for Cape of Judgement for 3 weeks, and possibly the life amulet, and still haven't gotten it. I would love a SCC, for it might give me the possibility of getting Cape of Judgement and even the life amulet for just a decent amount of crowns.

KI, please consider this! Or at least increase the drop rate by 3 - 7%!

- Kelly

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
kelly is awesome on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
I totally agree on this! I've been farming Sylvester Glowstorm for Cape of Judgement for 3 weeks, and possibly the life amulet, and still haven't gotten it. I would love a SCC, for it might give me the possibility of getting Cape of Judgement and even the life amulet for just a decent amount of crowns.

KI, please consider this! Or at least increase the drop rate by 3 - 7%!

- Kelly
Yes, for Sylster does drop some of his own unique loot that is relative to that instance, & no one else drops his unique gear I mentioned. Giving him a SCC would be nice to Wizards that have been farming him for a while.