Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting to Wintertusk - alternate route

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Since Baldur has his boat docked in Olde Town, why should those of us that have access to Wintertusk have to first go to Grizzlehiem and then board his boat?

It would make sense to allow people with Wintertusk unlocked to board his boat in Olde Town AND in Grizzlehiem.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Yeah, that would be better. It would say "Press X to use boat". When you press X, it would have a thing pop up (kind of like the Spiral Gate) that has two options: Wintertusk and Grizzlehiem. Also, it would be cool if the boat in Grizzlehiem did Wintertusk and Olde Town. And the boat in Wintertusk did Grizzlehiem and Olde Town. So, it would be kinda like a three-way route.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I dislike this idea, as it would encourage people to assume they can get to Wintertusk without having completed Ravenscar.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
As you are aware, each world must be entered through the Spiral. Wintertusk is an extension of the storyline of GH and is not really a seperate world to say. It is like going to DS and entering the Necropolis or the Academy. You must first get to DS to get to Necropolis; thus you must enter GH to get to WT.

Survivor
May 25, 2010
i agree at that statement even though i just got in to grizelhiem

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Johnist wrote:
I dislike this idea, as it would encourage people to assume they can get to Wintertusk without having completed Ravenscar.

How? The option to take the boat wouldn't be available until the person was already in Wintertusk. How would it encourage them?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
As you are aware, each world must be entered through the Spiral. Wintertusk is an extension of the storyline of GH and is not really a seperate world to say. It is like going to DS and entering the Necropolis or the Academy. You must first get to DS to get to Necropolis; thus you must enter GH to get to WT.

yes and it doesn't have to be that way. After all, you don't go to grizzlehiem the first time that way, you take baldur's boat over.

And since you wouldn't be able to take the boat over until you were in Wintertusk in the first place, you'll already have the grizzlehiem spiral key in your possession.

Baldur certainly doesn't use the world gate to sale his boat in and park it in Olde Town.