Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

gauntlets and shields?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
I think it is about time KI started to create gauntlets ( kind of like gloves) and shields in Wizard101.

-A shield would usually give only resist, critical block, stun block, and some pip chance

-gauntlets should give piercing, strength, very little health (50-100) , some pip chance, and very little critical (20). and also some accuracy (5%)

Well this idea came up to me a while ago and i wanted to know what people think about it. If you have something to comment only post POSITIVE ones.

Thanks!
Malorn SpiritWeaver level 70 balance wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
knightmare12 wrote:
I think it is about time KI started to create gauntlets ( kind of like gloves) and shields in Wizard101.

-A shield would usually give only resist, critical block, stun block, and some pip chance

-gauntlets should give piercing, strength, very little health (50-100) , some pip chance, and very little critical (20). and also some accuracy (5%)

Well this idea came up to me a while ago and i wanted to know what people think about it. If you have something to comment only post POSITIVE ones.

Thanks!
Malorn SpiritWeaver level 70 balance wizard

Firstly, I like this... perhaps something for KI to consider, once Avalon is released.

Not everyone is going to agree with you, though. There are all kinds of people in the Spiral, and some won't like your ideas... just learn to take criticism graciously and remember that it's only one person's opinion.
L.S.
also a level 70 balance wizard.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Few things:
1. For the positive ideas, sorry, but this isnt a perfect world ^-^
2. I like the gauntlets, but not the shields personally, what about for 2 handed swords? how would those look?
3. What about clothes that have little gloves on them? Would those have to be edited out?

Just my opinion! (I almost typed onion instead of opinion... lol)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I like the idea of gauntlets. I think they should act as a normal piece of equipment though, having the ability to increase mana, health, accuracy, resistance, etc. like athames and rings. I'm not fond of the idea of shields since we already have shielding spells and we're not knights. Just because KI has incorporated sword-looking wands doesn't mean they'll be inclined to add a completely unnecessary piece of equipment.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I like the idea of gauntlets. I think they should act as a normal piece of equipment though, having the ability to increase mana, health, accuracy, resistance, etc. like athames and rings. I'm not fond of the idea of shields since we already have shielding spells and we're not knights. Just because KI has incorporated sword-looking wands doesn't mean they'll be inclined to add a completely unnecessary piece of equipment.

True, but shields will ONLY be accompanied my one handed swords and not claymores.

Also it would be a great idea to show the dirks, rings, and necklaces.

Lastly, if we could have have a sword in each hand that would increase our attack and critical rate but majorly lower our defenses.

Malorn SpiritWeaver, level 70 Balance
With Balance we achieve harmony, and with harmony we achieve the aspects of life.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
knightmare12 wrote:

True, but shields will ONLY be accompanied my one handed swords and not claymores.

Also it would be a great idea to show the dirks, rings, and necklaces.

Lastly, if we could have have a sword in each hand that would increase our attack and critical rate but majorly lower our defenses.

I still find shields unnecessary. Also, I think making athames and jewelry visible is pointless, and the whole double sword idea makes the game too Skyrim-y in my opinion.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Sorry what i meant to say was that i strongly disagree with you. No hard feelings. But i think there is a point in everything i said and it does not make anything look like skyrim. Then again back in the days having a dagger and ring that showed was normal and wizard101 is a medieval based game so why not also have to swords? It has nothing to do with skyrim as skyrim is just a game that of a medieval era as well.

Thanks

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
knightmare12 wrote:
Sorry what i meant to say was that i strongly disagree with you. No hard feelings. But i think there is a point in everything i said and it does not make anything look like skyrim. Then again back in the days having a dagger and ring that showed was normal and wizard101 is a medieval based game so why not also have to swords? It has nothing to do with skyrim as skyrim is just a game that of a medieval era as well.

Thanks

I don't understand what you mean by "back in the days", but showing athames and jewelry is just superfluous work for KI that they really don't need to be doing and I'd rather them not waste their time with. As for the double swords, this is a magic game. I could understand if we were using weapons as they were like in Skyrim and I'd support the addition of double swords in that case. However, that isn't the case; no matter what the appearance is, it's still a wand. Again, I'd rather KI not waste their time with changes that are solely for appearance. It's not fair to everyone who wants to progress further in the game.