Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening warning system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2017
I just want to give some suggestions for some future updates like having a more improved gardening system like have a notification on the side of your screen saying you have wilting or pests on your plants in one of your houses of course you can turn this off and you can also change the way it appears like having it show up like the muted thing shows up or even like a little thing at the top left next to text chat that when you click on it it shows what house it is and what plants there are and what needs there are.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
It's easy to feel like our plants must be doing things while we are offline or away from our garden. I'd worry about my plants so I'd keep checking on them....and sure enough they kept getting new needs! Good thing I checked, right? Wrong lol, I was totally misunderstanding how they work!

When we leave our garden the plants stay exactly the same until we return and they update. If someone else visits our garden they will see them exactly as we left them. If we go into the area when the friend is there they will see the plants update as we enter. They only update when the owner enters the area.

When plants update the timer associated with them is accessed so they trigger to the next stage or gain any needs they should have by then. It's like the temporary mounts - if we start a 24 hour timer but don't log in for a few days later the notification that the mount expired will only show when we log in. We don't miss the notification because it expired while we were offline.

Plants only wilt if they are left with unattended needs for too long. If we see to all needs before leaving the area they can not wilt because the first instance of them having more needs is when we enter the area again. Plants only die if they have been left twice for too long with unattended needs - once to wilt, then we must have returned and left the needs unattended again, returning after that second timer has expired.

I deal with this by only going into an area with plants if I have enough energy to tend all needs. I know my 'trigger and harvest times' so only go when I know entering will be worth it - either triggering them to the next stage or at a time when I can gather a lovely harvest I avoid going between times or to check on them. If I've forgotten what stage they're at or want to check if I missed needs I get another wiz to check them for me and tell me what they see.

For a great guide on plant growth times search: W101 seed growth times bugglesx

I hope this helps