Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Spells Cost to Much. :(

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Ever sence I started gardening I've notice that the prices for the spells where way too high, so KI could you please lower the prices please(like 1000 to 100, 5000 to 500, 9000 to 900 e.c.t.)

Please consider, and thanks for your time.

From,
forgetno4

P.S. The game is awesome.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
forgetno4 wrote:
Ever sence I started gardening I've notice that the prices for the spells where way too high, so KI could you please lower the prices please(like 1000 to 100, 5000 to 500, 9000 to 900 e.c.t.)

From,
forgetno4

You actually don't need the higher priced spells beyond the plots, enchanted plots and pest prevention, and then only if you really need them for the plants you desire.

I tried, and succeeded, to garden with only the 'first level' spells and got all the way to GM.

The reason for the area spells is to make you life easier (fewer spells cast = less time gardening) and cost less (but only if all your plants have the same needs). With the increase in the energy rate recently introduced to members (those taking advantage of this) it really makes no sense if you have the time to garden.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2011
forgetno4 wrote:

From,
forgetno4

I agree with you. I'm an Expert Gardener currently, and I only have up to Deep Freeze in pest prevention. I don't have enough crowns to buy enough gold to get the other prevention spells, and i'm worried that some day a swarm of level 4 or 5 pests will attack my plants, and I won't be able to kill them.

--Edward Ravencaster
Level 35 Magus Sorcerer

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I thought the prices were hight at first too but as a crafter, I find the cost totally worth it to get all the rare reagents from the pink dandelions and the great spell cards from trumpet vines, the seeds of both of which are dropped freely throughout the Spiral.

So yes, it is an upfront investment but you do gets lots of rewards over time.