Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Insurance

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 31, 2008

Well, finally I get to play again! The Hurricane Irene, just passed over us, so that meant that the energy went out for most of us here. Thankfully it was not a very strong storm, so I only lost the electricity for one day. So when I got to my garden tonight I was pleasantly surprised to find most of my plants alive and kicking.

But, my garden would not have lasted another day :( With that said, here is my idea:

Gardening Insurance!

Whats this? Suppose you have to leave for a number of days, either because of a family trip, a hurricane or any thing of the sort; but you don't want to waste all the time you've spent on your garden. So what do you do? Easy! Contact _______(fill in the blank for a characters name) and buy insurance! This insurance will stop your plants from dying for a limited time.

Example:

1 day - 1,000 gold
2 days- 2,000, gold
3 days 3,000 gold.

And so on.

And for REALLY long periods of time, the insurance can be crown based
Example:

2 weeks - 250 crowns
3 weeks - 500 crowns
1 month - 750 crowns.

Now, there should be a maximum amount of time that can be insured.

What do you think?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This is a reasonable idea. However, it should be programmed in (if it isn't already) that the negative effects automatically stop after one real-time day of inactivity.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
:D Wish I'd thought of that! Its a very good idea.

As it is, I have to time my gardening for when I know I'll be at home (or have access to a computer). With insurance, I wouldn't have to worry.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Good idea. Keeps plants from wilting but also can't be over used (ex. buying insurance for a year).

Survivor
Oct 15, 2010
great idea i have a vacation house that does not have internet so i cant play very often there

or like you siad a storm, down internet or any power outage

over the winter the power goes down very often i had a week without any power because of an ice storm this a great idea

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
i think this might be a time that a dorms idea is actually put into the game.

i also love this idea.i thought of another reason for it to be used.

you plant a plant, and then a pest comes up that is a higher rank than what you have. you buy insurance, get that spell, then your plant is saved

devin ravenmask, level 42 myth(i'm back 8) )

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I think it would be a Extremely useful feature tot he game. Not only to gardening but to decorating. . wouldn't you like to freeze some of your plants so you could have a path lined with Dandy Lions that are strictly for decorating purposes, However so it cant be abused make these also apply.

1.) In case your trip is cut short make it cancellable so you can continue to take care of your plants again.

2.) So people don't use it as a way to garden. stop all the growing processes also and make them unharvestable during that period of time

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I love the insurance idea! But why should we have to pay for it? It's not our fault we lose electricity, or a storm comes up, Those family vacations makes gardening difficult. Should be able to get the insurance before the family family vacations. But as for what nature dishes out, we should be able to punch in the insurance after it happens. KI is going to have to have weather men checking though. But news broadcasts can usually confirm power outtages and storms.

Historian
May 01, 2010
bobert1111 wrote:

you plant a plant, and then a pest comes up that is a higher rank than what you have. you buy insurance, get that spell, then your plant is saved

some dorms ideas get into the game (one i remember right now is wand stiching )

anyway off toping. love this idea, but, there is something i would like to point out. what happens if you dont expect it? for example, i have lost electricity in my house for a couple days and i had no clue that it was coming, so even if this idea was in play, what happens then? are you just out of luck?

my friend had an idea like this, but it is giving a friend temporary control of there house to garden....

Defender
Jul 31, 2008
slammer111 wrote:
bobert1111 wrote:

some dorms ideas get into the game (one i remember right now is wand stiching )

anyway off toping. love this idea, but, there is something i would like to point out. what happens if you dont expect it? for example, i have lost electricity in my house for a couple days and i had no clue that it was coming, so even if this idea was in play, what happens then? are you just out of luck?

my friend had an idea like this, but it is giving a friend temporary control of there house to garden....

Well,insurance is, by its nature, a certain type of protection against the unexpected. No one ever expects their house to catch fire, nor do we expect a storm to suddenly form and threaten our homes, that's why we buy insurance: just in case. Many times the accidents don't happen, but it's good to be protected just in case.

As to why we should pay for insurance. It's a service, and we are accustomed to pay for services. Just like you pay for a lemonade, for this game (entertaining service) etc. We would pay for a service to protect our garden from our down time :)

That said, I'd rather not have to pay with crowns...unless I expect to leave for a long time, like a week or two.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
That would be a great idea!

I always see people mad or sad that their plants died and they were only gone for 1 or 2 days. So this would be a very wonderful idea.

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I think this is a great idea! Maybe when you get on, a popup could say you owe _____ gold. Do you wish to pay it?

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Very remarkable idea, it shouldn't be your plants dying when your power goes out like in your situation. Hurricane irene is one of nature's natrual storms, plants shouldn't die because of nature's natrual patterns.

Hunter LegendWraith level60 necromancer