Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Option: Camera Movement

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Greetings Professors and wizards of all levels!

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes the camera movements during a spell casting makes me queasy.

I would like to see an option added to keep the camera in one position. I like the way it's set when you're selecting a spell to cast.
-You can see everyone on the battle circle. I have my chat window positioned so I can still click a mob's name.
-You can see anyone standing nearby, and don't have to chase them around with your mouse when the camera changes angle.
-Best of all, you don't feel like you're on the S.S. Minnow in high seas.

What do the rest of you think?

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
vollans wrote:
Greetings Professors and wizards of all levels!

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes the camera movements during a spell casting makes me queasy.

I would like to see an option added to keep the camera in one position. I like the way it's set when you're selecting a spell to cast.
-You can see everyone on the battle circle. I have my chat window positioned so I can still click a mob's name.
-You can see anyone standing nearby, and don't have to chase them around with your mouse when the camera changes angle.
-Best of all, you don't feel like you're on the S.S. Minnow in high seas.

What do the rest of you think?

so long this would be just an OPTION, i am interested because like you, i sometimes want to click on someone or see who is behind me but cant. which makes me annoyed, but as long as the camera changing will be optional, i dont mind.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
One of the advantages of the camera movement is that you can see if another foe is approaching or what is around you on the "sidewalks" (ie wisps, treasure chests, reagents, etc.). Most of the time it is hard to see while the camera is still moving. I wait to concentrate on my surroundings when it settles down during a spell cast or result.