Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game loading need to be updated.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
so its pain when you have bug in wizard101 and you have to reinstall it right?

but it would be less painful and less time. if you make game load "All Files" at once.

therefore we dont have to go to each zone and reload the data back in.

can this be done?

Sounds good?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It would take a lot longer your way. I'm on the last 2 worlds on all 6 of my wizards. If I need to reinstall (which is extremely rare anyways) it only needs to load data for Wizard City and the world I'm questing in and my house. Why would I want to wait for it to reload every zone of every world when I'm not using a vast majority of them? It's better to load what it needs as it needs it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Another thought on this topic. I don't really mind the downloading as much as it not remembering EVERY notice from the beginning of the game. Clicking through all the times that Ambrose or a teacher or NPC has something to say on all 6 100+ level wizards takes forever. The game should remember what I've seen.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
SamuelSpirit on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
so its pain when you have bug in wizard101 and you have to reinstall it right?

but it would be less painful and less time. if you make game load "All Files" at once.

therefore we dont have to go to each zone and reload the data back in.

can this be done?

Sounds good?
I think there should be a way to let a player do it if they choose to, but not as a default.

Perhaps as a separate download from K.I., where the file is run, it looks at the installation and then lets you know what is already downloaded (or partially downloaded) and give options of what to download or finish downloading. Like being able to download all Wizard City stuff (all fish, creatures, etc), as well as all mounts, pets, gear, but not other things like various houses or housing gauntlets. Someone may still play it but can't leave the WC world, or maybe they are working on a new wizard and want to worry with other worlds later.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
seethe42 on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
It would take a lot longer your way. I'm on the last 2 worlds on all 6 of my wizards. If I need to reinstall (which is extremely rare anyways) it only needs to load data for Wizard City and the world I'm questing in and my house. Why would I want to wait for it to reload every zone of every world when I'm not using a vast majority of them? It's better to load what it needs as it needs it.
It would actually be faster to be able to download everything in bigger (but fewer) chunks. This would be overall, mind you. I believe it should be an option that the player can select vs automatically done, but for those that choose to use it, it would be much faster than it loading worlds, creatures, etc, as needed.

As for the notification icons, just right click on them instead of left clicking on them. Left clicking takes longer even if you machine-gun the spacebar to skip through it rapidly. Right clicking simply makes it disappear.