Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fusion spells. Lets hear all ideas!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This idea was actually inspired by the new Pokemon black and white games.

I think that is a very neat idea, allowing for nearly endless combinations, and even encourages grouping, and gives a new 'oomph' to gaming.

Add 'Fusion spells.' These new spells would be available to all schools, of their respective elements. They would be exclusive, meaning treasure card versions will not be available. However, treasure cards can be made by using the enchantment cards learned from the astral schools.

These spells, available through a quest perhaps, or as a progression reward, will be a Fusion spell. Here is the breakdown, as it seems to picture in my head:

Storm: Plasma Surge. 8 pips. 475 damage. No added effects.
Fire: Fire Surge. 8 pips. 450 damage. No added effects.
Myth: Terra Surge. 8 pips. 425 damage. No added effects.
Balance: Tetra Surge. 8 pips. 400 damage. No added effects.
Death: Death Surge. 8 pips. 375 damage. No added effects.
Life: Energy Surge. 8 pips. 350 damage. No added effects.
Ice: Frost Surge. 8 pips. 325 damage. No added effects.

Remember, all school's respective accuracies remain the same. Now, this all sounds expensive, and underpowered, and pretty much boring, right? Get this. This is the fun part!

In the same round, Plasma Surge -> Fire Surge = Fire Storm.

Fire Storm: Graphically pleasing Lightning and Fire damage in the form of a massive plasma overload. 1k damage to all and stun + Fire dot.

Now, we can even switch it up, and add even more fun to what this can do!

Fire Surge -> Plasma Surge = Flame Lightning.

Flame Lightning: 800 + 300 over 3 rounds (Fire damage), + removal of charm.

See where this is going? The initial caster of their part of the spell determines the element of the result. The added effect is determined by the second half of the spell. First half and second half of course is determined by who is casts first in that round.

7 schools. Each fusion spell combines with 7 other schools for a total of 7 different spells possible. 7 x 7 = 49 different spells and effects! A vast programmer's undertaking, but takes the game to a whole new level of wizarding!

Even Plasma Surge + Plasma Surge would create it's own powerful Storm only fusion effect. However, of course, regardless of order, 2 Plasma Surges can only result in the same fusion spell.

Now, keep in mind, right now I am using this as a template of the idea. Does not necessarily have to be 8 pips per fusion spell, or not necessarily that same result used in the example. The fusion spells could be scaled down a bit, or up a bit, depending on either the next world, or to be suited for the current worlds and below.

As a stand alone spell, fusion spells are not really effective, nor efficient to cast, but together, can create a huge diversity of effects and combinations.

Now a new idea, specifically for the Balance school. A wild card, exclusive to that school.

Element Gambit: Any three hits, from any elemental, or spiritual school. Even if it is 2 x fire, or even 3 x fire. Or 1 x fire, 1 x death, 1 x life. Never know which element is fired.

Or, an even wilder spell.

Balance Spectrum: 1-6 hits. That is right, can hit a potential of 6 times! Ultimate Balance wild card, potentially the most powerful spell in existence!

10 pips (For new spell, or could be downgraded in pips and damage.)
100% first hit. (Let's say any random element, to keep up the suspense!)
80% second hit.
70% third hit.
60% fourth hit.
50% fifth hit.
40% sixth hit.

If Storm hit: 250 damge
If Fire hit: 230 damage
If Myth hit: 220 damage
If Death hit: 210 damage
If Life hit: 200 damage
If Ice hit: 200 damage

Yielding in over 1,400 base damage if all 6 hits actually hit! And to add an even more wild element to it, each individual hit has a chance to get a critical effect.

Naturally, similiar to Wild Bolt, the accuracy % will remain unaltered for each consecutive hit, but will have the normal Balance accuracy for any balance spell to be able to cast it.

Now each hit could be of each element from the elemental schools and spirit schools. Or each hit could be completely random. Resulting in a potentially amazing and mind baffling display of the power wielded by Balance!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Very neat idea. Adds a new dimension to the combo idea brought up a few months ago. That idea was about wizards using current spells in the right order to achieve new spells or effects. But your idea seems a little easier to implement.

It could even use a whole new power source, the "synergy" wisps..... just kidding.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Ooh, this idea has already been brought up?

Pardon me. :P

But I got REALLY passionate when writing this post, I just had to write it. xD

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Ooh, this idea has already been brought up?

Pardon me. :P

But I got REALLY passionate when writing this post, I just had to write it. xD

Not really, your idea is the only one I've seen like it. I was just explaining that someone had previously asked for spell combos (where a wizard in the sun slot would set up another wizard in a subsequent slot, resulting in extra effects, damage, etc) using existing spells. Pretty hard to implement considering how many spells there are. Your idea actually creates new spells from new spells (if that makes sense). Seems like it would be much easier to manage from the designer perspective. Plus, if you didn't research what the spells created, it would actually encourage wizards to group up with certain other wizards just to see what their spells create. Finally, you could have some really neat "cheating" dungeons with this concept, requiring the right strategy based even more on having the right wizards in your group.