Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Friends who haven't logged on for a long time

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
kevke67 made a similar post in Ravenwood, the idea being to delete friends who haven't logged on for 30 days. That seems a bit inflexible.

The idea about somehow handling wizards who haven't logged on in X number of days is good, though. Many times, somebody will play the game for a few hours or days, and then stop playing and move on. They're never seen again. Or a longtime player may suddenly stop for whatever reason. They may never be seen again, either.

I can think of several ways of doing this, of which these two are probably the most practical:

1) A server-determined number of days, perhaps 30. It could also be done for more than one period of time, perhaps 30 days and 90 days. Wizards who hadn't logged on for X number of days would appear on their Friends lists in a different color, perhaps orange for 30 days and red for 90 days.

2) A days-away number would be added to each wizard on the friends list. To fix necessary space to two integers, the maximum number on the list would be 99.

The second idea is more flexible, since it would give the player more information. For example, a level 3 friend who hadn't logged in for 15 days is probably gone for good, and the player could readily delete it. On the other hand, a level 60 who hadn't logged in for 40 days may well be developing another wizard or be unable to play, and and is more likely to return in the future.

Adding some sort of flag for days-away would give players quick information on who's been missing and for how long, and it would make it easier for players to prune their lists to make space for new friends.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
The only problem i see is that if someone takes a break for like a few months, then returns with the hope of re-uniting with some old friends, they'll sign on instead to an empty friend list. If anything, this should be in advanced options to set up, too, not a default thing, or people might be posting on here a lot asking, 'where did my best friend go?' -etherchaos

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
This is a good idea, but i agree with etherchaos. It should be in advanced
gameplay. Or, as another idea, you could just put the number by the friends name, letting you know how many days they have been gone. When they hit 99, you will be prompted to delete them, but the computer cannot delete them. Only you can. This way, you could know how many days they have been gone, and not be forced to delete them once you hit 99 days.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Master Theurgist
8)

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
No. Cause some of my friends take a year break then come back or get grounded. I don't wanna delete them. 30 days? Short. WAY short. That's a person being gone for only a month.