Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

flying in wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2010

I think in wizard101 you should be able to fly. Not just flying a few feet like if you have a flying mount you should be able to actually fly in the sky. 8) :) :)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
May 21, 2011
it would probaly have to have a reason, it would be useful, but you should have to earn it or something.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
The idea of flying above the buildings would take a whole other level of code to enable a no-path style of travel. I don't think there are enough pay-to-play wizards to support that kind of addition.
As it is, the set paths and streets are suffice to get from point A to point B and back again, with a small detour to point C.

Defender
May 17, 2011
This would be great. Even if wizard101 had one mount like that on a prepaid card, I would pay 100 dollars or less for it, period.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
Perhaps there can be an option to fly directly to the quest location (not free flight), but at least you can go up high and see the world below. Probably have to have a special mount, or even a pay-crowns-per-flight option.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
Just more coding and time so that players can see their wizard flying in the sky. I love the idea of freedom, and maybe a certain PLACE where you can fly, but it'd take tons of coding and time for something practically useless.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
They would have to recode the whole game and how it works, so I doubt will see anything like this in a very very long time.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
wizard840700 wrote:

I think in wizard101 you should be able to fly. Not just flying a few feet like if you have a flying mount you should be able to actually fly in the sky. 8) :) :)
Um that would be kinda weird

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Lvl 51 Pyro

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
sydneypixie wrote:
it would probaly have to have a reason, it would be useful, but you should have to earn it or something.
And for one day only. In the crown shop only.Should be called a flying exlixir.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Lvl 51 Pyro

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
Trex1160 wrote:
They would have to recode the whole game and how it works, so I doubt will see anything like this in a very very long time.

Exactly, but there could be a flying world. You go to a point in the commons, press X, and you fly up into the flying world. There has been an idea for a flying world. I hope KI uses it.

Evan level 66 life wizard

Survivor
Jun 23, 2011
That would make the mounts useless! Why do you think they're there?
Anyway, good idea

Defender
May 17, 2011
flyff fans would be accusing of us copying them...

I would still like to see some kind of minor flight though