Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fixing the Team-Up Initiative

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
I will be reviewing KingsIsle's attempt to incentivize team-ups. Inspired by: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/team-play-8ad6a42b63b5418f0163ef57add2767a?page=1

Problems
  • The helpers concentrate on Wizard City and ignore the other worlds.
  • If the dungeons were weighed people would just concentrate on higher level worlds like Azteca and ignore the lower worlds.
  • Badges are the reward and you can only make so many badges, meaning eventually people will stop teaming up.

Solutions

• Keep the badges, but introduce a new currency. I'll call it silver.
  • How it works now is you get a team-up badge and are then qualified to buy certain items linked to that badge with gold. When you get the appropriate badge, the items should be buyable with silver instead of gold.
  • Silver will be rewarded for teaming up, however include a penalty for hanging out in one world for too long, but the penalty eventually resets.
  • For example, say I decided I would only do Krokotopia team-ups. Every time I did a Krokotopia team-up, I would get less and less silver each time until it reached zero. Then I decide to do Marleybone team-ups only instead of Krokotopia ones. The Krokotopia silver reward would slowly creep up back to normal the longer I didn't do team-ups in Krokotopia while the Marleybone silver reward would start going down.
  • This would encourage people to diversify their team-ups. Now we need to incentivize people to continue teaming up even after they get all the badges.
  • To solve this issue, Derrick Blaze should sell more items. Also, you know all the things in the Crown Shop you can buy with gold? You should have to buy them with silver instead.
  • Also, you know how you can buy gold in the Crown Shop? Make it buyable with silver instead.
  • Introduce new crown shop items buyable with silver and not gold.
  • Etc...

What do you think?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
You sold me on the idea when you said the items found in the crown shop could be bought with silver. I love that idea! Everything in the crown shop is too expensive...