Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Firearms. (Yes, That Means Guns.)

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
(dont let your mom pick your username btw )

LOL! Thanks for the tip :D

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
49
Bad enough we have bows (I think there're magical.) and non magical swords we don't need GUNS!

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
5
I used to play halo and it gave me nightmares but I could not stop playing wizard101 saved me and I am grateful to them

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
isabelgahm wrote:
i'm a kid. my mom would be so angry id she saw me with a gun.

You're not the only one...

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
bionaknight wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
Reply: Feel free to say that to a family who has a lost a beloved member to a firearm.
Your response is based on nothing but emotion against guns. You and others of your ilk,would disdain the facts about them. A gun is simply a needed tool in today's world,and unjustifiable prejudice by you and a few others should never entered the comments here.But respond you did,and with malice. I choose to defend the innocent posters remarks,and that seems to irritate you further. I cannot persuade you with facts or logic,but I will defend against the many weak,and baseless claims that are being thrown. You are entitled to your beliefs though,no matter how weak and full of prejudice they are.The true irony of the situation is you are afforded the luxury of your prejudice due to the fact that somewhere an unsung hero with a gun,fought and died to protect it.
Reply: I haven't seen any facts or logic in your responses, only personal and general attacks.
Reply: So, shooting ammunition from a gun at someone is no longer shooter games? Wow, guess Call of Duty needs an E rating.
Another terribly weak response,with an injection of sarcasm. I suggest you go and research what makes and or changes a games ratings. The simple addition of a gun <wand> would not change anything.
Reply: You're clearly missing the point.

Reply: Medicine? Geology? Geography? No offense, but this is ridiculous. How could a weapon of death aid exploration and healing?
Google is your friend. Why not research subjects you have no knowledge in rather than just blind guessing, and posting the results for all to see?
Reply: A good poster does his research. I haven't seen any referrence to guns in medicine on Google. If you are an expert on the subject, enlighten us. How precisely does a bullet help explore a mountain? How does pulling a trigger help an injured patient?

Reply: The poster means REAL guns, not toy guns. And the fact that a gun was in a slapstick cartoon is irrelevant.
Irrelevant? According to several replies, it has been suggested that guns are bad and anti-family no matter what. And if the poster and your beef is only with "real" guns,then why respond in the first place?
Reply: Because the poster intended to put real guns in a decidedly non-slapstick game. You're clearly hiding you're lack of substantial evidence in the favor of putting guns in a fantasy game behind cartoon shows where violent slapstick is accepted. Also, "greatest family cartoon of all time" is an opinion, not a fact.

Reply: Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe we should see if the other 25 people who agree with QBB want to keep the thread going.
It doesn't matter who agrees or disagrees. The truth is never based on popularity,though some today would seek to change that.
Reply: Despite the fact that a gun in a fantasy game would b absurd, an idea usually has to pass both the community and the developers first. I have a feeling the developers side with the majority on this, but I do wish we could hear from them personally. Or at least lock down this thread.

Reply: Thank you, but we already have that.
Another attempt at sarcasm? My reply was sincere,but its obvious from your responses that sincerity is lacking. But i stand by my original reply,and i wish you and others the same health of body,and clarity of mind.
Reply: My apologies, it seemed to be suggesting everyone on this thread is mentally unstable. If you really meant well, I suggest you shouldn't have used it as a reply to a simple farewell from a poster.
Bionaknight

All comments in above quote. I wish we could resolve this with some amount of dignity and have a poll instead of this back-and-forth verbal battle.

Bingo! So do I!

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
49
melcookie925 wrote:
isabelgahm wrote:
i'm a kid. my mom would be so angry id she saw me with a gun.

You're not the only one...


I would have to agree with you two, ware (if I spelled that right)can I find you in the spiral?

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
9
After having the displeasure of reading the 9 pages of the argument i feel like i needed to make my presence here and put my hat into the ring. "Guns" are never a good thing but also we are faced with the concept that they are for protection. Now as an adult with a very dark past and full of things that go beyond a "Gun" debate and reaches pain on a new level, it is clear to me that "Guns" no matter how you slice it are going to be apart of our world; but in saying this i do NOT condone this behavior of what is going on. Words are becoming the ammo and the community are the guns and the targets? The children, mothers, fathers, and the like that just want a place to relax after a hard day at the office, school and other places we spend our time.

Pirates 101 which is currently in development is going to incorporate some aspect of the pirate style and this includes a class called the "musketeer" now we know this being a french root to declare a "protector" however KI did plan on aging it up a bit and made Pirates 101. This current debate shouldnt even exist given that if you researched Wizard 101 is fantasy as many have said but their story and points of interest and other hidden motives are based on real life situations. Wizard 101 is meant to be something to discuss around the dinner table and bring people together.

Honestly... If you want guns wait for Pirates 101 and then just play that, but to be clear... life is always going to change, and KI knows this and well i read some very sadistic comments on both sides of the fence on this issue, i think that people need to realize (kids especially) that life will not always go according to "ideals" this world has 3billion if not more people in this planet and 45% of them are children lets say... What are we to do if they start going Colombine, or other disasters that happen across the US and around the world? Do we want to go back to the days where people were tortured just for being different?

Let us stop this Cultural bloodbath and realize yes we agree and disagree and i disagree, but when it comes down to it; we are ALL humans... Sure our upbringings and our values might differ from bloodline to bloodline but in the end we have to learn to co-exist. This isnt a discussion about guns anymore its a discussion about forcing others to concede on an issue that is a hot button issue. Leave the politics for the adults kids, the world is a scary place outside of your comfort zones and guns wont make it any better. Any good parent will tell you... Life is never forgiving and there is things much worse out there... You need to realize that tommorrow you could stop breathing for unknown causes, an earthquake or other natural disasters rip your family from you... Any number of things and yet we focus on Guns on a game in which will never have it due to a developing game already giving hints to its inclusion.

In the end.. Debate if you wish but I will not waste my life trying to stand for or against something that people make an issue because they "create" the demand... Politics, Religion and Money like in all adult relationships shouldnt be brought up due to how others will interpret it. Dont light a fire that should already be dying.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2010
24
Maybe, instead of bullets, the gun shot school-themed things (like a Tazer for Storm, fireballs for Fire, etc.)

And maybe, just maybe, a retro "pull trigger, fire object" gun and not 7' automatic machine guns with explosive things included.

Oh! Idea! Perhaps people with Open Chat see the gun, but others see a staff or something.

Besides, there is already sword slashing, axe swinging, bow/arrow shooting, so why not guns?

Some of the wands are essentially "magical guns" that shoot a ball of energy.

That's why I said "yes".

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
gavin555239 wrote:
Maybe, instead of bullets, the gun shot school-themed things (like a Tazer for Storm, fireballs for Fire, etc.)

And maybe, just maybe, a retro "pull trigger, fire object" gun and not 7' automatic machine guns with explosive things included.

Oh! Idea! Perhaps people with Open Chat see the gun, but others see a staff or something.

Besides, there is already sword slashing, axe swinging, bow/arrow shooting, so why not guns?

Some of the wands are essentially "magical guns" that shoot a ball of energy.

That's why I said "yes".
I really don't care about the ammunition. This game, it's about Wizards. When I think of Guns, I think of Soldiers (Not Wizards), Spies (Not Wizards), Pirates (Not Wizards), etc, etc. When I think Wand, Staff, Magical Sword, Enchanted Bow, I think magic. I think of Wizards. When I think of magical guns, I think of oximoron (Two words that contradict each other, for those who didn't know). Sorry, but I stand firmly against guns. As a poster pointed out, Pirate101 will include them. The people in favor of guns can create gun-wielding characters there, though I, myself, will stick to swords.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
9
bionaknight wrote:
gavin555239 wrote:
Maybe, instead of bullets, the gun shot school-themed things (like a Tazer for Storm, fireballs for Fire, etc.)

And maybe, just maybe, a retro "pull trigger, fire object" gun and not 7' automatic machine guns with explosive things included.

Oh! Idea! Perhaps people with Open Chat see the gun, but others see a staff or something.

Besides, there is already sword slashing, axe swinging, bow/arrow shooting, so why not guns?

Some of the wands are essentially "magical guns" that shoot a ball of energy.

That's why I said "yes".
I really don't care about the ammunition. This game, it's about Wizards. When I think of Guns, I think of Soldiers (Not Wizards), Spies (Not Wizards), Pirates (Not Wizards), etc, etc. When I think Wand, Staff, Magical Sword, Enchanted Bow, I think magic. I think of Wizards. When I think of magical guns, I think of oximoron (Two words that contradict each other, for those who didn't know). Sorry, but I stand firmly against guns. As a poster pointed out, Pirate101 will include them. The people in favor of guns can create gun-wielding characters there, though I, myself, will stick to swords.


Biona, I have to really say here that your statements here are well grounded and do not go without merit. I think that kids who play this game feel that because they are in a fantasy world, that the rules of real life doesnt apply. Much like our days watching "Care bears" or "Barney" growing up we would get lost in these fantasies and not really learn anything from the shows. I think that in Wizard 101 the kids are not being properly taught between what is illusion and what is real. Sure, the game is real and we can touch it with our keyboards; yet I think the real issue here with the "Gun" debate is kids are trying to fufill a missing need in their lives, or that they are discovering their fight for power in society and the only way they can grab this power is through an online game.

Back when we were kids (assuming your an adult as well) it was easy to just play pretend and then zap ourselves back to reality. I think that a child's psyche in today's world is being mal-nourished and feel like their extensions are real when its infact nothing more than coded languages laid out in a script and set a proper algorythmn to decide what is given when based on a variety of measures. This gun debate is a way of a child to say "I want more power" give me what i crave... I want to be stronger, faster, deadlier... the lines between the logical and the realm of insanity is becoming thinner the more generations are exposed to such stupidity and where people dont realize that a game of this magnitude will be limited because it is geared toward a different psychological enviornment.

KI has great efforts and can't always attend to their players according to their whims, the kids know this and exploit their need in other ways. This gun debate seems to me be more of a child wanting attention rather than giving some logical reasoning behind turning wizard 101 into bloodbath 101 and making the spiral a darker place. I think if we really look between the lines this is a child who is bleeding and crying for help.. Nothing more nothing less...


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
DrkMysticRising wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
gavin555239 wrote:
Maybe, instead of bullets, the gun shot school-themed things (like a Tazer for Storm, fireballs for Fire, etc.)

And maybe, just maybe, a retro "pull trigger, fire object" gun and not 7' automatic machine guns with explosive things included.

Oh! Idea! Perhaps people with Open Chat see the gun, but others see a staff or something.

Besides, there is already sword slashing, axe swinging, bow/arrow shooting, so why not guns?

Some of the wands are essentially "magical guns" that shoot a ball of energy.

That's why I said "yes".
I really don't care about the ammunition. This game, it's about Wizards. When I think of Guns, I think of Soldiers (Not Wizards), Spies (Not Wizards), Pirates (Not Wizards), etc, etc. When I think Wand, Staff, Magical Sword, Enchanted Bow, I think magic. I think of Wizards. When I think of magical guns, I think of oximoron (Two words that contradict each other, for those who didn't know). Sorry, but I stand firmly against guns. As a poster pointed out, Pirate101 will include them. The people in favor of guns can create gun-wielding characters there, though I, myself, will stick to swords.


Biona, I have to really say here that your statements here are well grounded and do not go without merit. I think that kids who play this game feel that because they are in a fantasy world, that the rules of real life doesnt apply. Much like our days watching "Care bears" or "Barney" growing up we would get lost in these fantasies and not really learn anything from the shows. I think that in Wizard 101 the kids are not being properly taught between what is illusion and what is real. Sure, the game is real and we can touch it with our keyboards; yet I think the real issue here with the "Gun" debate is kids are trying to fufill a missing need in their lives, or that they are discovering their fight for power in society and the only way they can grab this power is through an online game.

Back when we were kids (assuming your an adult as well) it was easy to just play pretend and then zap ourselves back to reality. I think that a child's psyche in today's world is being mal-nourished and feel like their extensions are real when its infact nothing more than coded languages laid out in a script and set a proper algorythmn to decide what is given when based on a variety of measures. This gun debate is a way of a child to say "I want more power" give me what i crave... I want to be stronger, faster, deadlier... the lines between the logical and the realm of insanity is becoming thinner the more generations are exposed to such stupidity and where people dont realize that a game of this magnitude will be limited because it is geared toward a different psychological enviornment.

KI has great efforts and can't always attend to their players according to their whims, the kids know this and exploit their need in other ways. This gun debate seems to me be more of a child wanting attention rather than giving some logical reasoning behind turning wizard 101 into bloodbath 101 and making the spiral a darker place. I think if we really look between the lines this is a child who is bleeding and crying for help.. Nothing more nothing less...

First of all, no, lol, I am not an adult. Second, well, I wish I could concur with you. I wish this was just an attention-grabbing thing (if I understood your post correctly, correct me if I misunderstood). But, most of the ideas posted here in the Dorms are real. Wand stitching was thought of here. Many Spell Ideas posted here were drawn upon in later updates. Sirens, Rain of Fire, all of these were mostly player-made. I hover around this section of the Forums a lot, watching for innovative ideas. I post my opinion on many new ideas. I didn't think that this thread would be anything more then another visit with a post I happened to disagree with. I was quite surprised at the extent of time this thread has spanned. What with the very large verbal assaults on both sides of the argument, if I were a moderator, I would have locked this thread down long ago. I tried to keep my posts to a more gentle, stern sort of voice, occasionally speaking out more angrily to defend against baseless insults on other posters here. In conclusion, I would implore Kingsisle to lock down this thread and let it be fogotten. It has gone on long enough, and there doesn't appear to be a change in attitude in sight.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Explorer
Oct 29, 2011
65
Rohan101021 wrote:
I used to play halo and it gave me nightmares but I could not stop playing wizard101 saved me and I am grateful to them


lol i like halo it's really fun but i like wizard101 more and i disagree with the idea of guns
because this is about magic not machinery thats it guns are a very bad idea KI so plz dont consider this

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
watsupdog111 wrote:
This can inspire w101 to make a gunner game later on.


Pirate101 is quite a good example of a gunner game, due to the website showings of the mini-games.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
watsupdog111 wrote:
This can inspire w101 to make a gunner game later on.
I certainly hope not.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
Isnt it bad enough already? This isnt really like Wizard101 to me anymore due to the fact we have more swords, bows etc and less wands. It kinda seems like Archer101 with the bows. (Dunno what has axes and swords *cough* moving on) so we do not need firearms! I dont know how a poll got in here, either.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
64
wizard101 is about magic not bullets and thats one ove the reasons i love wizzy101

Survivor
Jul 05, 2011
20

I voted yes.

I voted yes because I think it would be awesome to have a shoulder cannon, even as a spell. Even as a storm spell, sort of like a shoulder lazer cannon, this would be awesome.

Imagine: you pop into the middle of the sigil, whip out a shoulder cannon - BOOM! - and you fly to behind your position on the sigil wheel, then resume your place.

Another reason is that, well, I'm just in favor of all sorts of storm-based 'tech'. They're inventors, after all.