Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fighting merle ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Defender
Aug 07, 2011
No, it wouldn't. Why on earth would you want to fight your mentor? Cyrus testing our skills to see if we can fight his brother is about as far as fighting any teachers ought to go.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2010
Haha that would be epic :P but again he is headmaster so he would be tough :D

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Why not? After all the cheating bosses we fought that shouldn't be so hard especially that Ambrose is not a cheater (at least a hope so).

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
lee282 wrote:
Haha that would be epic :P but again he is headmaster so he would be tough :D

Tough, lol. I dont think he would be tough, not for me NO WAY! He would be IMPOSSIBLE! Wow, he pretty much would have resistance like ice, damage like storm, great balance spells, tricky spells from myth, overtime spells like fire, damage and heal spells like death, brilliant healing spells like life and brilliant astral spells. He would have all the spells, no way we could beat him!!!!! Not even storm, not even all the schools combined!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
GrammyH wrote:
No, it wouldn't. Why on earth would you want to fight your mentor? Cyrus testing our skills to see if we can fight his brother is about as far as fighting any teachers ought to go.

Instead of fighting the Headmaster they could just make Professor Drake a repeatable boss. But, like Lady Calypso, you'd have to do something with the scenery to cause him to appear. And only those who have fought him can use the thing in the scenery.

If they added that, I would gladly beat him. Again, and again, and again. XD

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
claudedude wrote:
what if your could fight merle that would be cool

I don't think I'd like to be caught in a battle with my own mentor :| but it's an interesting suggestion...

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
well all the teachers have one school so what school should merle be? a new school astral the basic schools or whatever else you guys have in mind but i think it would be cool to fight him it cant be any more hard then the quest for the lvl 58 spells!

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
claudedude wrote:

Yes it would be pretty cool! I recently read someone's idea on a future Halloween Special quest, where Wizard City is attacked by Morganthe and she casts a shadow over Wizard City which darkens the city during its Halloween festivities. The city is only lightened by a few street lights and by Jack-o-lanterns. During this time all the school teachers are bewitched and are under the control of Morganthe. The only way to get our headmaster and teachers back would be to look all over wizard city and a few key places around the spiral for an old book by Ambrose, which he had written years ago about how to cure bewitching. However the book was dissembled back in the days of Malistaire tirade through the spiral and each piece of the book must be found and assembled together to be read. Each piece of the book is located in a dungeon that provides a chance to gain new drops from whatever new pack KI decides to make around Halloween. At the end of this quest to locate and assemble this book, the wizards must battle Ambrose and the school professors to weaken them just enough to cast the healing potion on them to cure them of their bewitchment.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
marcus7429 wrote:
claudedude wrote:

Yes it would be pretty cool! I recently read someone's idea on a future Halloween Special quest, where Wizard City is attacked by Morganthe and she casts a shadow over Wizard City which darkens the city during its Halloween festivities. The city is only lightened by a few street lights and by Jack-o-lanterns. During this time all the school teachers are bewitched and are under the control of Morganthe. The only way to get our headmaster and teachers back would be to look all over wizard city and a few key places around the spiral for an old book by Ambrose, which he had written years ago about how to cure bewitching. However the book was dissembled back in the days of Malistaire tirade through the spiral and each piece of the book must be found and assembled together to be read. Each piece of the book is located in a dungeon that provides a chance to gain new drops from whatever new pack KI decides to make around Halloween. At the end of this quest to locate and assemble this book, the wizards must battle Ambrose and the school professors to weaken them just enough to cast the healing potion on them to cure them of their bewitchment.
That would be so awesome!! :D Maybe that will happen this Halloween. You never know! :) :) :)

Hunter Dragonheart,
Level 79 Pyromancer
"Everything is possible if it isn't impossible."

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
yea fighting ambrose would be the battle of the life time and allot of fighting right in the middle of wizard city from mjkitty archmage myth

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Just going to point out that Merle's pet owl took down Young Morganthe and the entirety of Ghost Avalon by herself.(It would be wise to remember that the entire dungeon is our experience of a MEMORY) Do we really want too fight Merle?

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
GrammyH wrote:

ya but to get into dragonspyre you have to beat cyrus

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
marcus7429-That's a really great idea! However, I saw a few holes in it: Think of the newer players. How would they manage to achieve this? So I was thinking, to make it easier, Merle wouldn't be turned evil and would instead continue to mentor you through this. There would be three dungeons-an elemental dungeon (first floor Greyrose, second floor Falmea, third floor Balestrom) a spirit dungeon (first floor Cyrus, second floor Moolinda, third floor Dworgyn) and a last dungeon for Alhazard. Another hole: 'back in the time of Malistaire's tirade through the Spiral'? The first storyline is the Malistaire storyline. Many newer players wouldn't understand this and wouldn't know who Morganthe is, since they think Malistaire is still the enemy.
Anyway, I really like that idea!

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Suzirose wrote:
marcus7429-That's a really great idea! However, I saw a few holes in it: Think of the newer players. How would they manage to achieve this? So I was thinking, to make it easier, Merle wouldn't be turned evil and would instead continue to mentor you through this. There would be three dungeons-an elemental dungeon (first floor Greyrose, second floor Falmea, third floor Balestrom) a spirit dungeon (first floor Cyrus, second floor Moolinda, third floor Dworgyn) and a last dungeon for Alhazard. Another hole: 'back in the time of Malistaire's tirade through the Spiral'? The first storyline is the Malistaire storyline. Many newer players wouldn't understand this and wouldn't know who Morganthe is, since they think Malistaire is still the enemy.
Anyway, I really like that idea!

I think that makes it sound even better!
" As Zane started to sketch the dragon, it snatched a piece of paper and a pencil " - The story of Jade
" Owls speak ENGLISH?! " The Unchosen One
( Both of those quotes are from books I am writing )

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
That would be awesome! :D When ever i am in his tower i am always thinking: I want to fight you and win! So this would be pretty cool.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
how about when we destroy morganth we fight merle to be headmaster and we get a new story line being the headmaster what do you think

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
well, maybe someone hymistices him and makes him evil trying to destroy wizqard city and he is like a new malistare but he stays in not as long.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
hes very old now. probably not fit for a fight anymore as when he became a headmaster. all this paperwork he has to do is probably wearing him down. plus, he seems peaceful, probably not wanting to fight for fun but rather for justice. fighting him would be for fun

Survivor
Jun 11, 2012