Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Few new spell ideas...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Astral:
Inversion - Converts all incoming and outgoing damage to healing
Simply put, any incoming or outgoing damage spells will instead do healing for part of the original amount (like 1,000 damage converted to 250 heal). Would work both ways, so if the user attacks an enemy, it would instead heal the target.

Conversion - 1 pip charm prism that converts next outgoing attack/damage spell to it's opposite. Gets used even if there isn't an 'opposite' for the type of spell. (ie, Balance damage would remain as Balance since there's no opposite to it, but Fire would convert to Ice, etc.) Could be used on self or an ally. There are pros and cons to using the spell. Pro, would be easier to do attacks on same school enemies. Con, it would affect any outgoing attack, so if it's put on and then the player uses a wand attack by mistake, it's still used.

Balance:
Spiritual Blast - This spell already exists but is 'Creatures Only' at this time. Make it available to Balance wizards to be able to train.

Nested Spirits - Similar to Nested Fury, but deals out a random spiritual damage vs elemental damage.

Global Dispel - 2 pips and dispels targets next spell regardless of school. 85% accuracy, no TC version. 5 pip spell version would be Diffuse Spells, dispelling next three and have 70% accuracy.

Life:
Poison Ivy - 4 pip spell, attacks all enemies and deals about 250 points of damage. I'm thinking, you could see the ivy going up to each player, wrapping them up and squeezing them to do damage.

Hope others like these few ideas...

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Fangs McWolf on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
Astral:
Inversion - Converts all incoming and outgoing damage to healing
Simply put, any incoming or outgoing damage spells will instead do healing for part of the original amount (like 1,000 damage converted to 250 heal). Would work both ways, so if the user attacks an enemy, it would instead heal the target.

Conversion - 1 pip charm prism that converts next outgoing attack/damage spell to it's opposite. Gets used even if there isn't an 'opposite' for the type of spell. (ie, Balance damage would remain as Balance since there's no opposite to it, but Fire would convert to Ice, etc.) Could be used on self or an ally. There are pros and cons to using the spell. Pro, would be easier to do attacks on same school enemies. Con, it would affect any outgoing attack, so if it's put on and then the player uses a wand attack by mistake, it's still used.

Balance:
Spiritual Blast - This spell already exists but is 'Creatures Only' at this time. Make it available to Balance wizards to be able to train.

Nested Spirits - Similar to Nested Fury, but deals out a random spiritual damage vs elemental damage.

Global Dispel - 2 pips and dispels targets next spell regardless of school. 85% accuracy, no TC version. 5 pip spell version would be Diffuse Spells, dispelling next three and have 70% accuracy.

Life:
Poison Ivy - 4 pip spell, attacks all enemies and deals about 250 points of damage. I'm thinking, you could see the ivy going up to each player, wrapping them up and squeezing them to do damage.

Hope others like these few ideas...
1,000 damage converted to a 250 heal wouldn't be worth it. And if it was plainly converted to 1,000 healing it would be too powerful. I like the basic idea, though. I was hoping an enchantment like your suggesting would come out. It would probably have to take off pips too, since it wouldn't be as useful but still useful.

Conversion is useless because all schools get a prism that converts their damage to the opposite school. Unless however you mean that it converts your damage to the opposite school of the enemy's. This would be useful. An easier way to do this would be give more prisms to all schools, each prism converting their school damage to another school's damage.

I agree with the Spirit Blast being trainable.

Global Dispel should have 100% accuracy like all other dispels. There should definitely be a TC version. Otherwise, I like the idea.

The Poison Ivy idea is neat, but it should do more damage. No use adding spells with lower damage since it would be easier to just add a high level spell that's otherwise the same. I've always liked the idea of a Tanglewood Vine spell like in Wysteria. Also if it's Poison Ivy, it would make sense if it were a damage over time. Sounds like a really neat spell though!