Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I feel like my accomplishments are belittled by someone who simply teleports in to an area I have spent hours working towards to gain quick levels off of other people’s efforts.

Low leveled players bring extremely little to the battle and advance through no effort on their part. Experience and training can be earned by their friends helping them through the story line, teaching them the spells and strategy appropriate for their level.

I don’t buy into the “previewing an area” crop. These people are not admiring the building design and creature art; they are questing and participating in battles.

The only thing about banning low levels from areas that gives me pause is those people who are legitimately helping out their friends. Strategy, deck building, and team play are what I enjoy most about this game. I am VERY selective on whom I friend for the very reason I do not want them teleporting to me and ruining the fight or pestering me for help with every single dang battle.

After reading through much of this thread (phew), I still have to side on locking them out.

Devin Darksong – Grandmaster Necromancer – lvl 50 Death
Digby Darksong – Grandmaster Theurgist – lvl 50 Life
Duncan Darksong – Grandmaster Sorcerer – lvl 50 Balance
Dylan Darksong – Grandmaster Diviner – lvl 50 Storm
Dustan Darksong – Grandmaster Conjurer – lvl 50 Myth
Dolan Darksong – Master Thaumaturge - 45 Ice

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I don't feel that it is a threat to others when lower level players want to access levels they have not leveled up to yet. They have paid their money just like everyone else, and if they have a paid monthly membership and would like to access a level then I say " let the kids play". Should there be limits to what can be done when the area that is not accessed yet? Yes. I feel like unless there isn't a task you have to complete in that area ( Crafting Quests, Zeke Quests, etc ) that are asked to be completed in early levels, or you're not helping out a higher level friend in battle... those "visitors" should not have access to complete other quests in that area. I have to say I love the fact that I can help a friend in Marleybone with a battle and find a Zeke cat or two in the area in the process. That's just pure strategy. But I shouldn't be able to knock out a few un-accessed quest in the process. I should have to work my way to those quest just like everyone else. Like I said before there should be limits on dungeons and quests, but KI shouldn't ban help in battle for any area.

Also it is always good to have an area loaded and ready before you get there. I hate having to wait until everything loads when I'm ready to play. I'll catch a piggyback prior and then later on when I'm ready to play that level it's ready to be played.

Good question and comments!

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
I personally think that the best solution is to have a 'Port Accept' request appear (much like a Friend Request / Hatch Request) and to have a Battle Lock where you can Lock battles that you get into (in the sun position) to Friends/Group only so you don't have to worry about that Level 5 you don't know running into your battle.

I have 2 accounts, and I use the Wizards on my second account as an 'intelligent and powerful minion' to assist me when I need to, hence why I give my alternative rather than a World Lock.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
KellyKeLs wrote:
YES! YES! YES!

i pay money for this game and if this is changed i would consider that evil and selfish stop trying to change the game so much.

KI made it successful this way and should keep it.

KING ISLE stop changing things just so you can earn more money.
money isn't everything

if you change it too much you might loose what you worked so much for in the beginning and lead the game to it's death.

I agree that if you keep changing the game, "long-time" players will not enjoy it and will quit. I am sure KI doesn't care if its game has a high turn-over rate of players. For example: I'm still getting over the fact that the gold cards you make can't be traded. So I would say don't change the game!

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Even when i teleport to a friend in another area the wizard 101 won;t let me because the friend is in a dungeoen or i have already been there helping get more mana then i can;t teleport back.When i have tasks the teacher says to do we should be able to access to finish the task which does not happen now.Now you have to wait til you finish otherstuff before completrting..I think friends should be able to teleport to help wheever you are.Not always someone is on that is on your friend list to help so sometimes we need everyone that could help us. Jordon Lightstone lvl 38

Explorer
May 28, 2009
i think they should be able to go so they can get excited about questing in that world! AND make them subscribe earlier.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
I think they should make it so that people that cant go there cant port to you because if you go to the new realm soon to come they may port and than if your working on a new task they might disturb you.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
I find no problem with lower level players teleporting to higher level zones. Since I have become a higher level player and have finished many of the quests available, part of the fun for me is helping lower level players. They often ask me for help with a battle and I usually help if I can. I'll admit that this often takes me away from a quest that I am working on but I have the option of saying no if I don't want to help out. Once in a while it is nice to be able to call on lower level players when I am alone in a higher level battle if not just for the fact of having a friend join me. It can get pretty lonely out there sometimes. The best part of wizard101 is the interaction with others and cooperation.
If people are bothered by lower level players teleporting then they have the option to change that through the filter system. Let's keep wizard101 democratic!

On a side note: Non-members cannot teleport to areas that they haven't paid for so for those that complain about non-members piggibacking, it is not possible.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
This question sickens me because i went through all the hard work to get all the way to MooShu and now u ask this question!!!!!! first of all, people under the lvl 10 would easily be killed by monsters in Dragonspyre, MooShu, Marleybone etc. and they went through no work to get there. I have done my fair share of quests hoping that they will get me to a new world, but people who can just waltz into any world miss the sense of acomplishment that u feel when u get into a new world. and i saw another guy make this point, "I've heard people complain about not being paid members and wanting to go to Krokotopia and Grizzleheim, but instead of complaining, stop whining and earn some money yourself like the rest of us. Most of us earn the money that we spend to play this game." I believe that there should be no access to worlds that u have never earned

Survivor
May 31, 2009
NO NO NO NO! if they havent unlocked the world yet they shouldnt be able to. One time i went to DS on my grand storm one noob ported to some one and so i go afk for like 2 minutes and when i am back theres like a giant noob party in the basilica and there all asking billions of questions and stuff and i look and i have like 8 9 or 10 friends requests. And i have a similar story to this. i am in a battle almost dead and this one monster is almost dead and some noob comes in, lets another monster come in and boom he flee's and i die :(......... SO i think that it would be a HUGE improvment and a big help to us grandmasters if noobs couldnt port to a world they havent unlocked yet. And i know a lot of other people dont like it when this happens either. I also have an idea for this it might have already been said but if some one trys to port then a box shows up and says do you want (name) (lvl) to port. and for if some one wants to come in a battle would you like (name) (lvl) to join your battle?
and thats all soooo i hope you use my idea's if you can and maybe fix that noob porting thing cause it would be a HUGE help thnx
Lucas SeaSword lvl 50 ;D

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
aj19 wrote:
O my goodness, i think people need to stepback and look at what they are playing: It is the game wizard 101, not "the end of the world". it is a game created mainly for kids and a lot of kids play this game. yes! adult play it too, but there are a lot of children that do play. based on that, i do not think levels should be limited to anyone. i think that if a person can get to a level with a little help from other people or friends, so be it. i mean seriously people...it is just a game. stop being wound so tightly and let people play their own games the way they see fit. with that said, i also think that paying customers definitley should not be limited to areas at all...EVER! well that is my 2 cents...

All games have rules, even kids games, and rules should be respected and should be the same for all. So, blowing off other people's concerns because it's a kids game or a family game doesn't cut it. Integrity is important to all ages.

Survivor
May 11, 2009
I think an easy way to handle this is to create new realms. Play in the current realms for the current way the game plays and create some new realms for level appropriate wizards, play here if you don't want lower level wizards joining you.

There is also the option of letting the lower level wizards only in the commons of each world to look at it.

I don't like lower level wizards porting to me randomly and because of that I reject all friend requests except from people I know in the real world and are really my friends.

If I feel like helping someine out I'll add them, help them, then remove them to keep from being popped in on by them all the time.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
Honestly I hate when my lower level friends port to me in, say, DS, and I've even deleted some friends because of how frequently they've ported to me in a battle and become a nuisance. My answer would be: NO. They should have ot earn their way up like every one of us grandmasters. Just for the safety of every one of us who are annoyed by the low levels, and I probably speak for most of us, PUT A WORLD LOCK! Wolf Fireblood, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
yes because what if you are stuggling or your friend you should be able to help your friends in a higher world then you are. :)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
ugh i get that ALL the time! i get a low lvl person porting while im in a battle at DS but its usally not a prob. but when they BEG AND BEG AND BEG for you to heal them when your ice and not life. OMG!! but i have a really good pal on here thats low lvl and i love chating with her. i think they should be givin a waring or somthing until there lvl 35 and they prove them selfs that they can really fight at high lvl places.thats what i think! other than that i think that they should can still port to high lvl places.

Angela gold river lvl 44 ice

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
I don't think they should be allowed to port into a world they don't have access to. Often find players there that are far weaker. I have lost a number of battles because they add opponents to battle and quickly die leaving you to battle four to one. They just are not equipped to handle the other side, and they just round around joining battles they can not handle :

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
no i think they shouldn't be able to port to worlds they haven't accesed

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

UM NOOOO IT IS VERY AGGRIVATING TO BE VISITED BY LOW level wizards. They need to earn it and if they don't and they want to be lazy I think they dont deserve it. But it's not BAD to but I just say no.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
no it's not faur for us higher level wizards that had to work for it.But they get to go right to it.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Noctis wrote:
Let's face it, the real issue is not that lower levels are teleporting to worlds they haven't earned yet, it's what they do when they get there.

There are very simple solutions that make everyone happy.

1. A player who has not earned entry to a world through the storyline and questing can teleport to a friend in that world but cannot take any quests in that world.

2. A player who has not earned entry to a world through the storyline and questing can teleport to a friend in that world, but when defeated in a duel are returned to Wizard City Commons, not the Commons of that world.

3. When in a battle in any world, a player who passes draws a little bit of agro from the creatures in the duel. When in a battle, a player who times out draws a lot of agro from the creatures in the duel. This will prevent players from leeching experience without participation.

4. When in a battle in any world, a player is defeated, the creature that they drew into the duel becomes less interested and has a high chance of just wandering off. This will prevent people from drawing a creature and leaving the other teammates to clean up their mess.

Voila!

Family members are happy that they still get to help their younger players level up through duels.
Solo players are no longer irritated by those who hang around worlds they haven't earned entry to.
Lower level players still get a chance to teleport to see the worlds and actively participate in duels.

I actually think these are very good suggestions, and good compromises.

I'm not sure how KI could work #4 from a coding standpoint, but it would be fairly simple for that last monster's primary agro be against the player that pulled it in, instead of the lead hitter.

I would also like to add the following to discourage malicious jump and runs:
If a character still has life and flees, they cannot enter any battle afterward for a proscribed amount of time, similar to what happens if someone flees in PvP.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
yes because it good to get away from say wizard city onnce and a while

jonathan spellstalker lvl 50 thaumaturge

Survivor
May 11, 2009
If anyone can port anywhere at any time then why bother having to unlock worlds at all, just let anyone get any quest at any time.

See how this doesn't work and will mess with the story line? You should have to earn your way into new worlds and new quests. You should need to participate in defeating enemies, not just stand there passing while someone else does it for you.

It's set up in this manner so that when you go to a new area you're ready for it.

I have a 10 year old who plays this game and she complains that she keeps dying, why bother to play? I explained to her about earning your way to a new world, it helped. How many other children are discouraged because they are in over their head and can't win?

EARN YOUR WAY TO THE NEW WORLDS!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
My opinion, newbies running around are a hassle to larger level worlds, but the drops can be valuable. (At lvl 38, I ported to help a friend in DS and received a Flamebringer Lancet, which I have kept to my current lvl 50) I think lower lvls should be able to port but not to go to different areas. Also, I think BADGES SHOULD COME WHITH THE QUESTS. Not counting the say "kill 50 treants" baddges, but the Saviour of the Spiral badge is proudly displayed on lvl 17 who ported at the last second of the battle. Instead, the badge should arrive with the rewards of "the final countdown" quest. Hope I didn't put it so lamely as it be completely past human comprecension :)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Hello Wolf Iceshard here Magus pyromancer,

I think they should be allowed to only if they have a quest in that area and once their done with that quest they will be sent back to wizard city.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
I just want to say that I have 2 accounts. I have one account full of grands. Since I cannot use more than one wizard at a time on a certain account, I bring in my lower level wizard on my second account. For example - When I am farming the ravens in GH, I cannot do it solo. So I bring in my lower level life wizard to buff my storm grand, and or shield and heal. Its really a controversial issue since most people aren't controlling two accounts at once. Most of the time lower levels don't know what they are doing. However, to not allow them to port into battle in far off worlds like DS or GH or whatever might upset those players who utilize 2 accounts, one with grands, and one with buffers/healers that are lower level.