Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-24-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Thanks again to Professor Greyrose for filling in for me while I was out of town, but I'm back! Let's get on with another thrilling edition of Feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

It's another poll this week - how many pets have you leveled up (on live - not counting Test)? Are you a one-pet Wizard, or do you have a yard full of experienced pets ready to dominate in the derby or aid you in battle? Vote and include comments below. Have a lovely weekend, and enjoy your weekend! ::grin::

Results
How many pets have you leveled up?
None. 8%
Just one. 7%
A few. 31%
More than a few, but less than 10. 14%
More than 10. 15%
A lot more than 10. 25%

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry, the slog to mega pet is long. :( I have more than a few epic pets, but to get to mega on test is time intensive as well as mega snack intensive. :/ Sorry, I just dont have that kind of time.

Explorer
May 02, 2010
Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
It's another poll this week - how many pets have you leveled up (on live - not counting Test)? Are you a one-pet Wizard, or do you have a yard full of experienced pets ready to dominate in the derby or aid you in battle? Vote and include comments below. Have a lovely weekend, and enjoy your weekend! ::grin::

I'm sort of in between answers here. I have around half a dozen pets leveled up, but I only use two or three on a regular basis. (The others are mainly just for breeding)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have a plethora of Epic pets on each of my Wizards. All of them with different abilities, cards, and helpful talents.

I do not ever play in the Pet Derby though, as there is no real reward for it, it is just a major waste of time in my opinion.

But i do love the pets that help in battle.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Professor Falmea wrote:
Thanks again to Professor Greyrose for filling in for me while I was out of town, but I'm back! Let's get on with another thrilling edition of Feedback Friday! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

I have leveled many up in order to obtain my "perfect pet". Once i achieve this, I will get some with similar talents for my other wizards, and after that i would just collect.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:

I have leveled up quite a few, trying to get that perfect pet. So far no luck. Please PLEASE KI come up with a way that we can either choose our stats for our pets OR have a way we can see what they will be. I dont mind having to pay crowns for this. You could make potions for either seeing one level up or two and so on, each more crowns the higher the level goes.

Yes the new games are fun but anything that you have to do to get your pet up to mega is going to be dull after a while.

ellie

Hero
May 02, 2009
I've personally trained quite a few pets myself. How many, I'm not sure, but there's quite a few that I've trained to at least adult.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Not much of a pet trainer actually '-'. I am too lazy for that But I want my Fierce Hound (Emma) to give me some resist.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I only leveled up two pets, since i rely on mega snack drops i dont get a lot of pets to adult.

Community Leader
Well I guess that would be how far have I leveled up? I have many at adult , few at ancient. Sorry to say non at epic. It just takes to much for me to go from 500 to 1000.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "leveled" but I have gotten quite a few to adult, so I guess that's what I put down. :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have about 4 that I have leveled to Epic, but for the most part, I don't go beyond ancient. If by the time I have gotten a pet to Ancient and have not gotten the talent I am looking for, then I stop with that pet. If the leveling/XP system for pets worked the same way our Wizard XP did, I might be a little more diligent in leveling. But As Paige has stated, going from 500 to 1000 or even now 2000 with the Mega pets? Nope. Not going to keep going when the XP count starts at 0 for each level.

The pet games can be the most boring, and tedious part of the whole game.

Pet Derby is not of any interest and no rewards and even if it did give any rewards, I still would not do them.

It has always been my opinion that we train our pets to adult with the pet games then take them into battle to continue leveling them. It would be more practical and a lot more fun. Our pets should be able to gain a percentage of XP for any given quest.....We then feed them after EACH battle, for which they would still gain a small amount of XP from the snacks including the Mega snacks. The would however gain the a larger XP after the completion of any given quest.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I've leveled at least 30 to epic and have six or seven that I consider perfect (for me, that's sharp shot, spell proof, pain giver, and spritely). The new mega talent will change that a little since only three of those got good talents at mega in test.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I currently have on my main wizard 52 pets
I have been training them up to teen then train next one on my list. I have a list of order I have aquired them. So were as I don't have any trained up completly yet, I have 18 they have been trained to teen. I enjoy training them and can't wait for the new games to go live.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:

1 in all
my frost hound although i have quite a few that arent exactly babies but not saying there fully grown

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I've got tons of pets. I continue to level them, if they give me a real talent. If after leveling two times I get selfish talents only, off they go to the shared bank, or to the shopping district where they are sold.

Administrator
Great input, thank for voting and commenting! Personally, I am like a lot of you - I have a bunch of pets, but have only leveled up a few of my favorites.

Another Feedback Friday coming up here shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea